A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,042
Currently Running With Scissors:
499 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Poppet Mini Swap Round 2 (Sign-ups April 28th-May 12th) (Send-by June 14th)  (Read 16996 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

blue_lalita
« Reply #190 on: June 03, 2010 05:22:29 PM »

checking in, I guess. Just waiting for Kwiltykate to get home so she can open the package I sent her.
Possibly time to start another doll though, just for the fun of it.

Just a head's up, I'm organizing a poppet/amigurumi swap when this swap is over, if you want to make another one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
averyg

Personal poppet swap? PM me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: June 03, 2010 06:02:49 PM »

Just a head's up, I'm organizing a poppet/amigurumi swap when this swap is over, if you want to make another one!

Way to make a plug for your swap in another swap thread! Just kidding... Wink I am totally all over the poppet/ami swap. I think it would be super awesome, I love ami's soooo much, but I am honest to goodness USELESS when it comes to yarn (well except in the case of poppet hair Wink). I think that a good half of my wist is specifically amigurumi creatures and whatnot.

It makes me super excited to see where everyone is at in their poppeting, and from the sounds of it it seems like we are going to have quite a diverse range of poppets.

Anyways, not to stress anyone out or anything...
But...
11 days!
Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rasita
« Reply #192 on: June 03, 2010 06:20:12 PM »

that could be interesting, a crocheted poppet? something to think about, though I do have a busy rest of this month.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
averyg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: June 03, 2010 07:04:42 PM »

that could be interesting, a crocheted poppet? something to think about, though I do have a busy rest of this month.

There totally is a crocheted poppet! Here she is: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=235957.0. I think it is a fantabulous idea, because I am sure that there is a ton of crocheters who long for a poppet, but are inexperienced sewers and don;t have the confidence/ ability to make a poppet, as are there sewers who covet ami's, but are inexperienced with yarn (*cough, cough, ME!*)...   
Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lindag35
« Reply #194 on: June 03, 2010 07:57:47 PM »

Oh no! 11 days...I don't feel the pressure....yeah RIGHT!!! Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
McBec27
« Reply #195 on: June 04, 2010 05:33:21 AM »

Started working on clothes last night. And finalized hair decision. Or did I? I thought I had it finalized and then last night I had the idea that she might look really great with one of the other yarns I tried on her last night. Bah! This poppet has been so indecisive!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my etsy!
Check out my wist!
averyg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: June 04, 2010 06:05:08 AM »

Bah! This poppet has been so indecisive!

Indecisive or not... I am sure that I will love her! Cheesy
So anyways, 10 days!
Wink

EDIT: So I have been thinking... It appears that the majority of people are underway in their poppeting to some degree. I was just wondering whether people thought that in reality if one month is long enough to make a poppet? I know that there are a couple of people who are just adding finishing touches to their poppets and/or preparing to send, but I was just thinking that if a lot of people didn't think that they could finish their poppet within the next 10 days (I don't want people to stress and/ or rush their poppet to finish in time) that I wouldn't want a bunch of them to notify me that they were going to send late, but that I would rather extend the send-out period by up to a week. So I was just wondering what everyone's opinions are in this matter?

Do the majority of you believe that you will be able to finish your poppet within the next 10 days?
Or do you know right now that doing so will be a challenge and it looks like you are going to have to send late with communication?
Would you benefit from having the send-outs at a later period (or would you be like me and just procrastinate until the very end Wink)?
If I were to extend the send-out period by a week I would hope that no one would send late (unless of course a situation or whatevs were to occur- or if we have previously discussed such matters)...

So yeah, I would love to hear what everyone thinks!
Smiley
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010 07:23:04 AM by averyg » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bobbiemay
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #197 on: June 04, 2010 08:06:45 AM »

I will be finished by the send out date....I think a month is a good crafting time to make a poppet.  I'm just a procrastinator and the start of May ended up being busy for me with yard work and birthday party's.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blue_lalita
« Reply #198 on: June 04, 2010 08:38:11 AM »

Way to make a plug for your swap in another swap thread!

Ha ha... sorry   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lindag35
« Reply #199 on: June 04, 2010 08:48:25 AM »

I thnk it's enough time too. I just had too much going on at once, which is my own fault! I will be done. No matter what. I just wish my family wasn't so needy... it's not my kids, it's the MAN!! ugh!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What is Shiso
How to Prepare Futomaki
Food Truck Favorite: Hapa SF
How to Make Pork Tenderloin with Soy, Ginger and Sauteed Asian Vegetables
How to Make a California Sushi Roll
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...