A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,387
Currently Running With Scissors:
451 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Poppet Mini Swap Round 2 (Sign-ups April 28th-May 12th) (Send-by June 14th)  (Read 22285 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

puamelia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Oh poppet, how you thwart me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: May 26, 2010 11:27:07 PM »

MommytheMaid, that's brilliant! I should have cut two bodies and worked assembly line style! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay for summer!
averyg

Personal poppet swap? PM me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: May 27, 2010 05:21:41 AM »

MommytheMaid, that's brilliant! I should have cut two bodies and worked assembly line style!  

That's what I do Too! Fortunately I don't have anyone I have to share my poppets with though, so when I do make some for myself, I always end with with 2  Grin... I have a second body all sewn up from when I was sewing McBec27s poppet, I ran out of stuffing though so I didn't get any further than that...

Week 3 check-in (May 27th- June 2nd):
bobbiemay
blue_lalita
sunflowersmiles
puamelia
mommythemaid
ckchan
Lindag35
silverwing
McBec27
averyg
llianora
mummynat
amigurl55
wildfyre
rasita
kwiltykate
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010 05:13:21 PM by averyg » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wildfyre

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #142 on: May 27, 2010 02:41:07 PM »

I'm still a ways behind everyone  Tongue I'll finish before the send out date for sure though. Had to have 6 fillings put in my teeth today, a root canal started last week, and I'll get 6 more fillings next week! So lots of down time to sew lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr - bonniemj

My DeviantArt - alaskanwildfyre
rasita
« Reply #143 on: May 27, 2010 04:19:52 PM »

That's what I do Too! Fortunately I don't have anyone I have to share my poppets with though, so when I do make some for myself, I always end with with 2  Grin... I have a second body all sewn up from when I was sewing McBec27s poppet, I ran out of stuffing though so I didn't get any further than that...
I have a second doll on the go also. I started her at the same time as the other, just because i had enough material left over. I had to stop making her as I ran out of jointing thread.
She will have to wait though, as I want to get this one finished and sent off on Monday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bobbiemay

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #144 on: May 27, 2010 07:44:09 PM »

Checking in Smiley will be working like a mad woman on my poppet this weekend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lindag35
« Reply #145 on: May 27, 2010 10:49:28 PM »

I am so backwards...I made clothes, now hopefully, with my fingers crossed, they fit the new un-made poppets!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
puamelia

Oh poppet, how you thwart me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: May 27, 2010 11:16:56 PM »

Ohhhh... running out of time! If I can finish packing tonite after everyone in the house is in bed, I will try and sneak in some time to finish her hair... I think her outfit is going to have to wait till the 8th. Should be ok - have the materials and the vision, just need to get 'er done.  I've decided that I don't hate the "cat iris" eyes any more because there's more surface area for color!!  I'm really enjoying making custom eyes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay for summer!
McBec27
« Reply #147 on: May 28, 2010 05:25:04 AM »

Checking in (really like that you do an official check-in instead - the other swaps I've been in have just said you had to, but not really paid much attention to if you did or not). I am making progress. not as fast of progress as I'd like to be making, but still progress. Right now I am stuffing. Still need to work on eyes and hair and clothes. And I am hoping to finish this weekend, but it seems a little optomistic at this point. We'll see, it could happen. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my etsy!
Check out my wist!
averyg

Personal poppet swap? PM me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: May 28, 2010 05:30:22 AM »

I am so backwards...I made clothes, now hopefully, with my fingers crossed, they fit the new un-made poppets!!!
That is brace!  Ihave always wanted to try doing it that way, but have always been too afraid. I suppose that if your poppets always turned out to be around the same size though, you wouldn't have a problem.

Checking in (really like that you do an official check-in instead - the other swaps I've been in have just said you had to, but not really paid much attention to if you did or not).

Well thats always nice to hear- I thought that people might think it was a bit of a booger... Wink I thought it best to enforce such a rule because in the first round we ran into a lot of problems with flaking, lack of communication and such  Undecided. But luckily this round we got a really great batch of friendly swappers  Cheesy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #149 on: May 28, 2010 07:58:40 AM »

Still same place as last time >_< Want to get going but I've got some crochet trains to finish for tomorrow and  wallet for Monday. If I can get it all done before Sunday then Sunday is poppet day Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Placemats Out Of Wooden Chopsticks
How to Make Seashell Crafts
How to Make Stilts Out Of Old Cans
How to Make Silk Flowers
How to Make Your Own Journal
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Kitchen Dishtowels with Fabric Accents
Tomato/Tomahto
Meatless Monday: Veggie Bolognese Sauce

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...