A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,023
Currently Running With Scissors:
416 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Murder Slipers for my 9 month old  (Read 2502 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

I.D.ten.T error

Randy Marsh, you're my hero

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2010 03:25:44 PM »

My daughter needs to wear shoes all the time because shes obsessed with standing and furniture walking. She slips and falls on her face too much if shes got on just socks, and she gets really cold feet when she goes barefoot.  But Im much too cheap to want to shell out $30 for shoes shes going to grow out of in three months anyways, and thats for cheapies.
So my solution:
Take old jeans, some shelf liner for grip, and make her a pair of soft soled shoes but thats pretty plain and boring. So I stenciled the name and logo of one of our favorite metal bands. Macabre sings about serial killers mostly, so they've been nicknamed "murder Metal" so these are her "murder slippers" 
my friends have requested adult sized pairs.

the mouse is for size comparasion. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HotCha
Lady Lazy

C'mere an' gimme some shuga!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010 02:08:08 PM »

You need to make your daughter a matching shirt or dress or something. Is she your mini-metalhead? please tell me she's your mini-metalhead. That would be so adorable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smelsmin
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010 08:43:15 AM »

"one of our favorite metal bands."
Does this mean she likes macabre too? As long as she can keep her temper and likes vegetables in her soup rather than...other ingredients, these are cute Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
I.D.ten.T error

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010 10:32:03 PM »

You need to make your daughter a matching shirt or dress or something. Is she your mini-metalhead? please tell me she's your mini-metalhead. That would be so adorable

She is most definatly my little metal head.. I have yet to post pictures of the dress but I made her the most adorable little pink camo halter dress with a skull and cross bones on it.  I emailed the band to ask permission to make a bunch of stuff with their logo and lyrics on it..  but I've yet to get around to it.. not enough time or materials

"one of our favorite metal bands."
Does this mean she likes macabre too? As long as she can keep her temper and likes vegetables in her soup rather than...other ingredients, these are cute

She loves the metal.. lol especially the vampire of dusoldorf.. lol   we rock out all the time.. but shes a very happy baby and eats all her veggies.. no desire for human stew just yet Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
msface
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010 10:54:21 PM »

Well, I think that they're adorable! I also believe that if people are going to bash other people's creations on here, then they should PM or not say anything at all...I simply think that that's "just bad taste"...I believe that there is a rule on this board that pertains to such a thing? As long as no one gets hurt, there should be no censorship in creativity. Just an opinion. Keep up the good work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nilmerg

I'm inspired by all your posts to craft some more

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010 01:03:38 AM »

These are really cute shoes. Did you use a pattern for the shoe? I'd love to make some for my 7mo. She also has a habit of falling on her face!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Selnith
Ruler of Geek

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010 01:22:03 AM »

very sweet, my friend's one year old loves his thrash metal, but he also dances to the star trek theme tune, he has star trek booties
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
I.D.ten.T error

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010 12:42:18 PM »

Thanks guys!! 

I did a google search for "soft sold baby shoe patterns" and looked at a ton of them.. They are all pretty basic and similar so I just went off of that.  I had to make mine a bit larger though because most of them are 0-6 months but thats just a matter of enlarging all the parts. 

I would suggest against using the shelf liner stuff that I used though.  After her wearing them every where they started to wear down and loose their grip.  But I love them! Im gonna make her a few more pairs with other bands and try out different soles to see what works best.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
I.D.ten.T error

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010 02:52:26 PM »

Thankfully the only ways I could possibly fathom a 9 month old being able to look at that emblem and know what it is are A) by watching WAY too much tv since pretty much the date of birth or B) Repeatedly holding up pictures of real murder, then the emblem, over and over again since ... well ... pretty much the date of birth. LOL If my 9 month figures out how to climb up the cupboards, open the knife drawer, grab a 9 inch french chef's knife, and brandish it with the strength, accuracy and dexterity required to commit a similar act to the one displayed in this barely legable cartoon emblem I will issue you an official "you told me so". Until then I think chill pills are in order. Thanks for letting my peice be a topic of conversation tho!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Grave_13
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010 03:11:38 PM »

I think they are nicely done and cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lighter Carrot Cake Parfait Recipe
Irish Buttermilk Scone Recipe
Lemon Meringue Tart Recipe
How to Make Cinnamon and Sugar Dough Balls
Channel Once Upon a Time With Magical Apple Cupcakes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...