A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,548
Currently Running With Scissors:
661 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: what do you do when you lose the ability do do something?..  (Read 763 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kinoni
« on: April 26, 2010 06:26:08 PM »

.. you take it out on photoshop.
I am a writer. I was born to write. No matter what it is, a song a poem or a book, anything involved with writing, I ace it. I used to rhyme as fast and awesomely as can be. When i think, I think as though I'm a  narrator in a book. I've started a new language this past year. And haven't written much in English except for when I'm angry. This past week I've been trying to write a song. Or two. Or three. But my ability to write is gone...
I'm so angry and sad that I'm crying as i write this. Inside my heart (did i mention I've lost the ability to shed tears when it's something involved with me? if it's a book or a movie, the waterworks spill, but something related to me and not a single tear is shed?) i 'm poring just like the rain on the windowpane right now.
I'm now working to get my writing mojo back.
Step one: Take all frustrations out in photoshop:
it's ugly yeah, but whatever
THIS ROCKS   Logged
suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010 06:54:52 PM »

I was wondering what it would look like as a quilt....so I can't say it is ugly at all....and, pardon if I'm intruding, but some times we loose sight, so we can find a new way to see.  Maybe your writing wants you to see writing in a different way.  It's kinda like...you learn to drive, and then they tell you "OK...now drive in a foreign country!!  It may take awhile..but it will make you a better more alert driver over all.  I have lost the ability of what was my thing...a few too many times now....but something all ways comes along.  And it can help the first beloved thing to reach even more heights......Maybe you should design quilts heheheh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
kinoni
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010 07:02:51 PM »

yeah i am trying, i've sworn off my ipod, cuz i think part of the problem is when i find a song i like i try to write something like it and always thing mine is worse, so the only music i'm listening to is the radio before i sleep.

Quilts hmm...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexus1325
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010 08:10:45 PM »

I saw the thumbnail on the main page and thought it'd make an awesome stencil job on a t-shirt Cheesy

Sorry to read that your mojo is laying low Sad When I feel uninspired in my sewing, I embroider for a few days, or some such. I think you'll be ok. The weird new connections your brain is making as you learn a new language probably has a lot to do with your current difficulty. Try writing poetry in the new language and see if that helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kinoni
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010 08:38:12 PM »

mudpuddles no want to write poems in frenchy-wenchy. Mudpuddles no likey frenchy-wenchy right now because stupid evil teacher is giving us about 5-6 tests a week in frenchy-wenchy.

sorry, speaking like the angel in pita-ten (manga) i thought it might help me if i try out characters and shtuff (wait, switched to mooch from mutts there, going back to manga) okey-wokey?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Maintain Your Flat Iron and Hair
How to Use a Flat Iron
How to Style Curly Hair with Pins
How to Finish Curly Hair with a Curling Iron
How to Finish Curly Hair with Product
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...