A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 300,947
Currently Running With Scissors:
410 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: This top needs a lil something something....  (Read 606 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Khryztina

..Put your big girl panties..and deal with it!!..

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2010 08:38:01 PM »

Hello beautiful people!!...
woah! its been a while since I've been around here... but now that I'm done with my thesis...and uni its all crafts and sewing now... well... untill I get a job Smiley....

so.. I started this top a while a ago... and finished it tonight... well... its not done yet..I hope...
it needs something... but i dont know what... maybe something around the neck?.. in the middle?.. beats me!...

the fabric its a pale yellow-ish and it has spots of gold glitter.. and I dont kave any more left.. Sad.. so whatever I add to it... has to be lace, of some other fabric.. but i dont know if I can find the same color...
I plan on making it a lil bit longer... its looks kinda like a bell :S

ok, enough talking! heres the pic!

sorry for the bad webcam pic... i dont know where my camara is.. and even if I find it... I bet it doesnt have any batteries...

P.S: its soooooo good to be back!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Exalt the Lord our God and worship at His holy mountain, for the Lord our God is holy.

[Psalm 99:9]
morus
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010 04:41:04 AM »

Hi!  I like your pretty blouse.  Maybe you should leave it plain and use it as a background for scarves, pins, necklaces?  Is this in keeping with your style and comfort zone?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Khryztina

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010 09:55:42 PM »

hey morus!, thanks for the reply...
and now that you mention it... and i see the picture better... after i alter the length and maybe with the right accessories it could look good!.. maybe a vest... off to make a vest it is! haha!

Smiley
I'll call this my thesis top! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Exalt the Lord our God and worship at His holy mountain, for the Lord our God is holy.

jenniferlownie
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010 08:20:01 AM »

Okay, this is going to sound really doob, but the first thing that will make a difference is to press your shirt. The hem'll look more finished, it'll all look better. You may never need to iron it again - probably won't. But the first time, yeah, it really helps.

And a little thing I thought of that sometimes makes things look a little newer and better, is a cap sleeve rather than short. And all you need to do to try that, is roll your sleeves up a tiny bit! See if that little change makes a diff. If you like it, you could tack down the roll-ed up part, then stitch anyhow, and there you are.

But I bet you don't need to do much. It's a good basic shirt, add a funky necklace or neckshrug or scarf or something, and you'll be good to go.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Khryztina

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010 04:09:28 PM »

jenniferlownie, yeah I know it needs ironing.. and washing also..that fabric has been stored in a plastic box for more than 10 years.. I'm gonna leave it as is.. cuz the fabric its really ..fragil??... i dont know what kind of fabric it is..but the "threads" (dont really know the term in english) are not close one to the other.. it has tiny little spaces between them.. so undoing the sewing on the sleeves would undo the fabric waving.. trust me.. i did it and had too cut the piece again..

bottom line, making it longer, iron it its a priority and accessorize.. Smiley

thank you all!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...