A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
750 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WWP Beltane Swap Round 19  (Read 7531 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lydiaharper
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2010 07:27:00 PM »

I love the tree of life tray and necklace!  The circle bracelet is beautiful too.  For some reason I am turning into a HUGE handmade jewelry whore.  (And spaz just added to my addiction!  Cheesy)

What a big may pole!  I love the greeman, too.  Very nice packages!

Lydia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2010 07:43:13 PM »

The photo of the maypole made me glad I made it in sections so the size could be adjusted. I had absolutely no idea how tall your daughter might be, so I just aimed way above where I thought her head would be, thinking "Too tall is better than too short." But it's like twice as tall as she is! Cheesy You'll probably want to use it with only three sections instead of four this year. (And probably the next two years as well!)

I hope the maypole is as much fun to dance around as it was to make. You both look adorable in your flower crowns!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zombie_Queen

Crafty Zombie Mama \m/

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2010 08:04:31 PM »

What a fantastic maypole! I wanted to construct something like that for my kiddies this year but have no idea how to go about that.

These packages are wonderful Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LunaKitten
LunaKitten Kreations

I have affairs with fictitious characters.

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2010 08:36:59 PM »

Wow wow! Everything is so amazing!! I'm glad that everything got to you hawkeyes_girl! I had a lot of fun crafting for you. And yes, the orchid is entirely polyclay, and then painted and sealed. I chose the orchid because they are known to be uplifting, to symbolize the appriciation of beauty (which I always think of when I think of Beltane Smiley Smiley ) They are also known for their protective abilities, and healing abilities (though I doubt you will get much of those thru a polyclay representation, one never knows hehe) The Aztecs also mixed them with vanilla and drank it for strength and power. And now that I know you got your package we can laugh that we both sent a Tree of Life pendant to eachother! hehehe. Great minds think alike. Now, I am off to argue with the uploader to try and get pics up of my bounty that I got today!! Smiley
EDIT: Here we go I got the pictures to work LOL:

First I got this GORGEOUS t-shirt! I love the picture on it! And it has an image on the back that says Beltane Walpurgis may Day 2010. I love it!!

Then there was a beautiful moonstone Tree of Life pendant which I ADORE!!

And I'm sorry the picture is dark, I couldn't get very good lighting today. This is a beautiful copper and Jasper necklace! I love the swirls of copper! What great movement and energy Smiley

Then she sent me a stand with two altar plaques. One of Brigid, one of Kwan Yin. On the back of the Brigid it says Each early and late
every dark, every  light.
Brigid is my protector
Brigid is my maker of song.
Brigid is my sword and shield
Brigid is my guide.
On the back of the Kwan Yin it says
Kwan Yin
compassionate one,
Who hears the cries of the world,
Grant us wisdom.
Kwan Yin
benevolent one,
Who hears the cries of the world,
Grant us peace.

Both are so beautiful and the poems are wonderful!!

Then a handmade  light and shadow washcloth and soap (it smells so good!!)

And then she included candy wands for the little man!! So he can be more active in rituals Smiley It was the neatest thing EVER! And she also put in candy bracelets. She also included a tshirt transfer to make him a shirt to match mine!! Smiley I can't wait to find a blank T in his size!! And I am surprised I got a picture of the stickers before he ran off with them lol

It is such a wonderful package! Thank you again so much you spoiled me rotten!!!

« Last Edit: April 28, 2010 09:02:58 PM by LunaKitten » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Substantial Wist Smiley

Forget all the other crafting tools, what I really want is a sonic screwdriver!!!!

Blessed Be!

I'm up for personal swaps! PM Me! Smiley

Etsy Shop
hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2010 02:55:28 AM »

Happy to do so!  Grin

I am loving the wreaths, green man, and the pole is awesome! The tree of life pendant is my very first and I made it with moonstone chips, ( uses for it include good health, good travel and sometimes used in love potions!).

I tried to make the back emblem look "burned" for Beltane fires! Lol! Oh, and I hope you notice, Luna, that the transfer is for a dark tee, so it applies differently, that's why I included the transfer instructions.

Glad everyone is receiving such lovely and thoughtful stuff! Way to go group!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2010 06:54:50 AM »

The candies a really good idea! hehe!

Tree life pendants are a hit. I need to find jewelry wire in here. I made one for my mom once but it ended up hitchy because of what I used...

again a beautiful package. WWP is the best group of etsy! ahah !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
RippledWater
Let me sashay your tightroped mind

"That costs how much?!! Psh! I could make that!"

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2010 08:47:02 AM »

Hey everyone!
Great packages! I love the tree of life pendants as well. I wouldn't mind trying to make myself one. I'll be adding that to my never ending crafting list  Wink And the altar tile by lunakitten is awesome too. What's it made out of?

I received my package from DanniQuee yesterday along with my card from Zombie_Queen!!  Grin Time to share!!
 First my card from Zombie_Queen I <3 it no matter what she says!!

and now a group shot of my goodies  Wink

now for their close ups... my new amazing spring altar cloth

my beautiful runes... which i can't wait to dabble with

my water colors  in celebration of Beltane pictured with the Beltane card she made as well

Incense!! the left is a relaxation mix (which I will be burning as soon as I finish up exams for class) and a Beltane blend is on the right

And finally "A bag of rocks?" as she labeled it  Wink . I'm excited to add to my collection

I am so excited about everything. I absolutely love my new altar cloth. I am going to set up my altar later today! Everything is perfect. I'm so glad I was able to participate in this swap and make it my first swap. Thanks so much DanniQuee!

« Last Edit: April 29, 2010 08:49:25 AM by RippledWater » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Roar Roar Roar Roar Roar Roar Roar!
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2010 09:01:04 AM »

I'm so glad you like your first swap Smiley

the card is awesome Cheesy so whimsical!

The altar cloth's fabric is so lovely! can't wait to see the altar set up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2010 09:13:01 AM »

OMG I cannot believe that I missed this round...but its so good to see old faces

danniquee..haven't seen you on here in ages!!! *hugs*

I was just thinking about this swap the other day given its may day this weekend, I am so glad that it continued....I will be having a fire and i will send some positive thoughts to you all, wherever in the world you are.

XX
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2010 10:02:50 AM »

Hello Edel! I was wondering where you were this round. *hugs* I haven't been around much at all since Autumn. Too many things going on with life, including a move, so I didn't have much time to craft. I'm hoping now that things are starting to settle I can stick around and play for a bit.

Everyone's packages have been so thoughtful and well done although I especially like the maypole. What a fantastic idea! And that orchid... Luna, you're a poly clay magician. I don't understand how you do it.

Here are the photos of my package, just as I promised. Sorry that I took them on my carpet, it's the only place with natural light in my blasted apartment!

A pentacle for my altar, with the elements represented. She made it from terra cotta, since I try to keep most of my tools as natural as possible.

A beautiful silky tarot bag. It's big enough to fit my current deck and the little hard cover book where I write down my readings. I may even be able to fit a second deck in when I get my new one! Cheesy

The adorable cauldron candles. The red one smalls like berries! Smiley

A plethora of extras, including witchy white chocolate lolipops, a Beltane candle and the yummiest incense I have ever smelled:

And finally, my favorite item of all, a fancy handmade hat!

The tulle is braided and hangs down in the back, like a princess hat. It's removable for days when I'm not feeling so fancy. I absolutely adore this!

Thank you so much Rippledwater! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Media Personality Tavis Smiley
Sarah Beth Durst Talks About Enchanted Ivy
Daniel Yergin Talks About The Prize
The Twilight of Avalon Book Trailer
Kevin Davies Talks About The $1000 Genome
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...