A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 299,173
Currently Running With Scissors:
401 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Doctor Who Swap Round 2 (send outs extended to June 7th)  (Read 21214 times)
Tags for this thread: doctor_who , dr_who  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fingerpistol

"you can't fire me! i don't work in this VAN!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: May 24, 2010 03:38:59 PM »

today i attack my large item. i am so excited. i REALLY hope it comes out well.

also, i am officially caught up on my doctor who episodes! (well, the new series, anyway. i still have to watch the classics.) and i have to say, i'm kinda loving the new doctor. he cracks my sheezy up. though i don't have the crush going on for tenth doctor, so i'm probably just not as biased. (not that i don't LOVE tenth doctor, because i ADORE him. i just don't have the crush going on. he's too little for me. i like big solid manly men. i'm just not capable of being attracted to a man i probably outweigh.) eleventh doctor, though, reminds me of a young nutty professor-type, which i dig. still no crush (still too small), but i definitely dig.

also, for those of you who (like me) are totally creeped out by the weeping angels, a story in one part:

it is about 1am. crazy dark out. my former roommate and i have just seen "robin hood" (FAIL) and are now stopping at jack in the box for delicious strawberry soda. as i wait at the drive-thru window for my yumminess, i make the mistake of mentioning to my former roommate how i'd had to wait for someone to come over so that i could watch the new weeping angel episodes. now, this boy had been there when i watched the original weeping angel episode, so he knew how much they creeped me out. my soda arrives, and i turn away from him to grab it. i turn back around to put my soda in its handy-dandy soda holder, and he is pressed all the way back against the other side of the car, where the light can't reach, with his hands up in front of his face a la weeping angel.

i screamed and jerked so hard that my poor defenseless strawberry pop went right back out the window it had just come in.

now, i am not (usually) easily frightened. but holy mother, it was so creepifying. i hit that bastard so hard the second my brain started working again, i thought my arm might pop off at the shoulder. he laughed so hard he actually cried.

le sigh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wanderluster

give a hoot- don't pollute!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: May 24, 2010 04:25:03 PM »

i turn back around to put my soda in its handy-dandy soda holder, and he is pressed all the way back against the other side of the car, where the light can't reach, with his hands up in front of his face a la weeping angel.

I love this story AND am jealous that you know someone who shares your deep love for the show! Do you all have Doctor Who buddies? I keep trying to get people into it so I can have a partner but so far no such luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...and what I have seen is beautiful."

http://themargaritaglassishalffull.blogspot.com
goodmorningstarshine
Your face, your race, the way that you talk, I kiss you, you're beautiful, I want you to walk

Addicted to craft stores...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #232 on: May 24, 2010 05:00:31 PM »

My husband is my Dr Who buddy. He made me watch the first series of the new Dr Who, and I loved it ever since those little kids started saying, "Are you my mummy?"

We are currently working our way through the 4th Dr.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010 05:02:14 PM by goodmorningstarshine » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My brain hurt like a warehouse, it had no room to spare
I had to cram so many things to store everything in there
And all the fat-skinny people, and all the tall-short people
And all the nobody people, and all the somebody people
I never thought I'd need so many people
Pixiefirefly
In and out of consiousness

Life can be so random

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #233 on: May 24, 2010 06:56:30 PM »

@ fingerpistol, I think I would have peed myself laughing so hard! (mind you, after I hit him! lol lol lol)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harvey
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Here's to inappropriate!

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 24, 2010 10:40:13 PM »

My husband and I actually met through Doctor Who (long story) and spent many years laughing affectionately at the terrible special effects, foil walls and shaking sets. I really enjoy the new Who and my kids love it. My husband is more critical.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leafy_lane
National Society of Sarcasm - Like We Need Your Support!

Genesis 2v24... One Day :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: May 25, 2010 02:05:12 AM »

I have loads of friends (and a few family) who enjoy it, but most of them not to the same extent as I do! My boyfriend always makes fun of me for being a Doctor Who geek, but it was him who bought me the sonic screwdriver pen, the Doctor Who puzzle book and the build your own TARDIS book!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dear Father, I need you
Your strength my heart to mend,
I want to fly higher every new day again.
              --- 'Every New Day' by Five Iron Frenzy

Do you have a good reason for not checking out my blog? Didn't think so... http://atinythought.typepad.com/
aneyhall
« Reply #236 on: May 25, 2010 06:04:45 AM »

How funny... I actually bought the sonic screwdriver pen--and a TARDIS one--for my partner (IRL of course, not craftster) who loves Who. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
slytherchick
« Reply #237 on: May 25, 2010 05:38:10 PM »

I just introduced my boyfriend to Doctor Who, and he's loving it.  And added bonus, it's been helping him at work, since he sells cable for a living.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Olsbell
« Reply #238 on: May 26, 2010 06:12:15 AM »

I had to sent early, because I have a plane to catch today!  Cheesy It was a lot of fun crafting and I can't wait to see what everyone else has made their partners!

Fortunately I have a lot of friends who are into Doctor Who. This show has made me cry so often, it's ridiculous and I think I'd go mad, if I didn't have people to talk to about my obsession. Although I prefer to watch alone, whenever I watch the episodes for the first time - I just don't want to have any witnesses for my emotional break downs (yes, I know, it's pathetic - I just can't help it).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Crossing into established events is strictly forbidden - except for cheap tricks." The Doctor
mandustries
« Reply #239 on: May 26, 2010 06:33:14 AM »

Fortunately I have a lot of friends who are into Doctor Who. This show has made me cry so often, it's ridiculous and I think I'd go mad, if I didn't have people to talk to about my obsession. Although I prefer to watch alone, whenever I watch the episodes for the first time - I just don't want to have any witnesses for my emotional break downs (yes, I know, it's pathetic - I just can't help it).

I hear you about the tears. During "The End of the World", I was bawling. And for the entirety of "Children of Earth," too. (Although that's Torchwood, it still counts!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Perfect Haircut For My Face: Trish Fermin - Oval Face Straight Hair
Hair Extensions For Fine Hair
Volumizing Limp Locks
Eugene Soulieman on The 80s Hair Trend
DJ Riggs on the Mara Hoffman Spring 2012 Hair Trends at NYFW
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...