Swap name: Over 30 Fine Wine Geezer Swap Round 3
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: atsuko and Luckdragon
Sign-up date range: April 23-May 14, 2010
Date to send item by: July 17, 2010
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): Nope
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Age requirement? 30 years old or older before July 17, 2010
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Is at least 18 years old: YES/NO
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YE
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: NO
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: YES/NO
- If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES/NO
- If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES/NO
Details of swap: (thanks to Dulcinea and Sevsonlygirl!)
This is a swap for the geezers. The idea here is that we've all been crafting for eons, and are pretty good at what we do.
This is also a swap where there is a sizeable commitment, both for time, and resources. We are going to be crafting one really big, really nice item for our partner. If you cannot commit to the time or resources, please consider carefully before signing up for this swap.
You'll make up a list of 5-10 large things that you would love if someone made for you. You'll also make up a list of 5-10 things that you're really good at, that you'd love to make for your fellow geezers. And if you can make it from your stash, and reduce the stash, making room for more, NEW stash, so much the better.
What's a large item, you ask? generally, we're talking something that takes 3 or more hours, is large in physical size, or costs $30 or more in materials (or any combination of those).
You need to post to this thread, so that it comes up as unread replies if I have something to tell y'all.
I will not tolerate flakers. We all will have two months to craft and send out. That should be enough time. A DC or Customs number is required, if available. If you do not have a DC or Customs number, you MUST send me a scan of your postal receipt, showing that the package was sent out.
If you are a week late sending (after the sendout date), you will receive a temporary negative. This will be changed back to In Progress upon proof of sending.If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:Please send this information to both atsuko and Luckdragon. Thanks!
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that you are 30 years old or older before July 17, 2010(yes/no)
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country (You MUST be willing to ship air postal or an equivalent which will take a maximum of 3 weeks.) Are you willing?
Do you promise to take pictures of the goodies you receive?
Lastly, I would prefer to be called? (Please insert your Geezer title)
Here are the things I would love to death if someone made for me (don't forget to include color and size preferences, and link if an example or the pattern is out there on the web)
Which one would you want the most? (that's right, you have to pick one):
Here are the things I'm really really good at, and would love to make for my fellow geezers (don't forget to include link if an example or the pattern is out there on the web):
URL of my wist:
URL of my blog:
Relevant sizes for the things I'd love to receive:
Colors you like:
Colors you don't like:
Symbols/patterns you like:
Symbols/patterns you don't like:
Anything you do not want to receive:
Do you smoke or come from a smoking household?
Do you have pets? What kinds? (allergy reasons)
Do you have a camera or access to a camera? Can you post pictures?
Any other information you want to pass along - allergies, strong preferences, etc.
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide http://www.craftster.org/swapsinfo.html
to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
APPROVED PARTICIPANTS with Geezer title ; * denotes new swapper
1. atsuko Geezer goddess
2. Luckdragon Your most high cheesy geezy!
3. kittykill Old Broad or OLP (old lady Pedersen)
4. pjherbert --
5. Troublet Tia T
6. kaz814 Crazy and Crafty Rabbit Lady
7. rottenlittleboys Hill? What hill?
8. crafty gurll The Queen of Clay
9. onegroovyday GroovyGeezer
10. beeker Beeker or Becky
11. corduroy cat Winifred Sitswell
12. Catrinau Crafty Cat
13. LimeRiot Bad Knees Lee
14. ~Glenda Glenda
15. castlesinthesky* Permie Mama
16. dharma_rebel --
17. Mamaphunk Mamaphunk
18. ariaya Gamer geek
19. yelutci Old Auntie Kim
20. Lunanne Geezer-in-training
21. funthreads --
22. pinklrt Lynsay? or "President of the Universe"
23. rlynn Ajumma - Korean for old lady
24. theballandskein Laurel
25. Onyxnox Queen Nox, ruler of the night
26. A2K Old fart, hey you -- whatever -- just don't call me late for supper! (an oldie but a goodie!)
27. edie22 --
28. thanate Queen of Applied Laziness
29. sweetyetevil Queen of the spinsters
30. Scotskipper402 Doninhale
31. DoodleLou Grammycrackers
32. Sansa Supreme Ruler of The Universe
33. Kayrun Madame Geezy
34. sugaree good n' moldy golden oldie
35. jemimah aunty jem
In this section, you will see who you are sending to, whom is sending to you and what I envisioned you sending to your person. Please discuss it with your person, but this is the reason I partnered you.
It's not set in stone and don't throw rotten tomatoes at me please!
--> means sending to
<--> means sending to each other
( ) sending this itematsuko's
ariaya (skirt)--> kittykill (jewelry) --> Mamaphunk (Weekender) --> pinklrt (bag)--> sugaree (Bleached tee) --> edie22 (messenger bag) -->castleinthesky (metal wall art) --> LimeRiot (mini art quit) --> Troublet (embroidered wall art) --> ~Glenda (embroidered shirt)--> sweetyetevil (wall art) -->kaz814 (car organizer) -->rottenlittleboys (hammock)-->DoodleLou (mixer cover) --> Onyxnox (shawl) --> Luckdragon (dress) --> atsuko (chainmaille) --> crafty gurll (pottery)--> Funthreads (wall quilt) --> Kayrun (shawl) --> Sansa (shawl) --> thanate (embroidered book cover) -->jemimah (embroidered robot hoodie)--> theballandskein (alpaca yarn) --> Lunanne (afghan) --> Ariayaluckdragon's
corduroy cat (shrine) --> rlynn (poppet) --> yelutci (amigurumi for toddler) --> pjherbert (shawl)--> beeker (gourd vase) --> catrinau (painting) --> A2K (cardigan)-->Scotskipper402 (dress)--> corduroy cat
onegroovyday <--> dharma_rebel (asked to be partnered)
round 1: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=217022.0
round 2: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=305081.0
Thanks to Dulcinea and SevsOnlyGirl for working out the details of the swap.
round 1: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=219680.0
round 2: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=311538.0Our gallery: