A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 299,139
Currently Running With Scissors:
427 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: June 2010 Birthday Swap - LISTS ONLY - Join in all month long!  (Read 3563 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010 01:39:55 PM »

Hi, Im turning 27 on the 17th. I currently live in Southern California with my husband and our "puppy" (1 1/2 years old shelter dog). We recently bought our first house and I love being a home owner! I love our home, but I can't wait to move back to Washington. I was raised in Oregon and Washington and I would love anything to remind me of living up there.

I love coffee, sushi, coconut, and my favorite colors are green, purple, and earthy tones. I am not a fan of pink or yellow. My husband and I both embrace our Finnish heritage and have a strange recurring cow theme in our relationship, so any Finland or cow related items would be great!

I have no allergies unless you plan on sending me preserved pork. Oh, and I do not have pierced ears, so no earrings please!

Big Wishes in Bold!

Crafted:
~ Anything from/inspired by my wist http://www.wists.com/Kartiana (Recently updated)
~ Coffee themed anything
~ Cow themed anything (preferably for my kitchen)
~ Etched shot glasses
~ Necklaces that can be worn casually for work (maybe a simple chain with pendant? See my wist for some ideas)
~ Hair clips (I only wear one clip at a time, so no need for matching sets)
~ A writing journal with prompts to get me writing again
~ A business card holder, in a nature green/purple design or any other design ideas you think I'd like
~ Finnish themed magnets. Some ideas:
   Flag - http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/flags/countrys/europe/finland.htm
   Hyv piv! = Good day!
~ Joulupukki (Santa in Finnish) Xmas ornament would be awesome!
~ "Hauskaa Joulua" (Merry Christmas in Finnish) Ornament.
~ Wrap pants! I would love a pair in flannel or something else that is soft and comfy. I will use these to lounge around on lazy days so color/print is not a huge issue, just no yellow please! Tutorial: http://laupre.wordpress.com/2008/06/29/easy-breezy-wrap-pants-tutorial/
~ A sampler box: http://www.homeofthesampler.com/
~ Something for displaying my inchies (newly addicted)
~ Handmade cards, preferably for any occasion but "Thank You" or other specifics would be ok (Finnish themed Xmas cards would be amazing!)
~ Dog toy for our "puppy"
~ Comfy slippers to wear around the house (Mary Jane style, just added a few to my wist)
~ Wedding vows wall art (my husband and I wrote our vows, I will PM them if claimed) We are finally framing the print we bought on our honeymoon and are looking into other art for our home. Something that goes well with our honeymoon print would be awesome!!! I'll take a pic of it as soon as we have it back from being framed.
~ Pretty Kitchen towels for drying hands (Hang over oven handle). coffee and cow themed preffered, but anything goes for this  Wink
~ Memory Board for my craft room

Supplies (used is fine for any of these):
~ Mens button ups for recons (flannel would be awesome)
~ Ribbon
~Sewing patterns:
       Tank top pattern in my size (36 bust)
       This pattern or similar http://www.wists.com/Kartiana/4564c23b5758ee7b6571600db1d7bc41?offset=60
~ Jewelry making supplies (I mostly use seed beads and like to play with wire)
~ Buttons (any color, any kind)
~ Paper bits/scraps in any color/design
~ Anything to help me organize my craft room
~ Sewing magazines (please no quilting magazines)
~ Crochet magazines / patterns for beginners
~ Any book from my crafty Amazon wish list (used is fine): http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/PM0C4TP3TJDG
~ 1/2 inch strips of fabric for my rag rug. Blue, green, and/or purple. Any type of fabric, any length.
~ Any sewing pattern for clothing on my wist
~ Watercolor paints (and how to use them)
~ Paper Punches (I already have a 1" square, scalloped square, itty bitty snowflake, microscopic dragonfly, teeny tiny spiral, and small star) Would love a heart punch, medium star punch, and medium dragonfly or butterfly punch, or any other punches I don't already have Smiley
~ Fine tipped markers (for writing on inchies/ATCs) in any/all colors

Extras:
~ Seattle's Best coffee
~ Chocolate covered coffee beans (yum! You would be my friend forever!)
~ Reece's Peanut Butter Cups
~ Postcards/photographs of Oregon/Washington (or similar green places)
~ Antique keys
~ ATC to add to my collection (I glue magnets on the back and put 'em on my fridge)

I want to thank bluepaisan, samigurumi, and heini for claiming me!  Cheesy I love my cow clock and my wisty surprise package! And am looking forward to a Finnish package from heini! 
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010 08:19:55 AM by kartiana » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
MICHELEIGH34
Michele Raving Queen of the Freaks!

OH! I CAN be AWESOME!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2010 08:07:23 AM »

Just saying HEY! I am not posting a list yet since I haven't been approved but here is a little about me
I am turning 40 this month and yet I still act like I am 20 .  I am a Quality Control Manager in a chemical maufacturing facility and also the Distribution and Routing Asst.  I have 3 daughters , we live in Palm Coast Fl.  They are totally normal and I still live in a goth induced fantasy of epic proportion, I wear only black or black related .  I make most of my own clothes and I love skulls and Ctulhu and the like.
 Well I guess I will wait to see what happens until I post anything .
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MICHELEIGH34
Michele Raving Queen of the Freaks!

OH! I CAN be AWESOME!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2010 03:42:35 PM »

Me again!
I guess I can list now which I find a little ackward posting a wish list and begging for stuff...here goes anyway

1. monster or skull messenger bag
2. fang mark necklace
3. steampunk rings
4. miniatures or clay to make miniatures
5. fork jewelry
6. chalk outline sock monkey
7. goth fairy poppet
8. anything Bento related!!!!
9.  anything frugal related!!

basically I love to sew, so sewing stuff is always appreciated
I love to make jewelry and charms and beads are loved (especially the plastic gumball machine toys that can be used for charms)
I love to sculpt and draw(I was an art major in college so art supplies like drawing pencils and charcoals are awesome)

I am a little excited this will be a nice surprise!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RobbinZombie

One day my organized chaos will just be organized

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2010 03:32:25 PM »

Hi I'm Morgan and I will be 22 on Saturday the 19th, yeah.

I am a student at Saint Louis University with one semester left and am majoring in Information Technology Management aka computer business (yup I'm a nerd)

I live in St. Louis and have lived here almost my whole life.

I have a dog named Riley, a guinea pig named Dagget, and a gecko named Gir Optimus Prime.

Here is a list of things I love
-Cryptozoology (study of creatures we are not sure exist like Bigfoot,
Chupacabra, Nessie, Yeti, Giant Octopus etc
-Day of the Dead
-fun pillows on my wist/anything on my wiststhanks Strawberryh, your awesome
-Skulls, brains, zombies, horror movies etc
-curio cabinets aka curiosity cabinets, have a few on my wists and am
trying to collect items to build a day of the dead one and one for each
crypotozoology animal I love
-bacon, pickles, and any other food that is fun to make crafts out of
-sharks, alligators, octopus, cuttlefish
-anything I have commented on, on craftster
-Steve from Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, his quotes are awesome
and he is amazing, if you have not seen the movie SEE IT
-Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, favorite book as a child and love
the movie, the visuals are awesome, love Flint the main character too
-Gir from Invader Zim
-Tim Burton anything he has made or done, love his art
-Dr. Seuss and Roald Dahl love love love their books and Dr. Suess
coolest old man ever (until he passed away :-()
-Alice in Wonderland

Here is a list of things I would like
Gift ideas
log pillow
curio cabinet
squitty from coralline
sushi pillow
felted stone rug
felted brain in jar
pb&j pillows
fortune cookie pillow
tulle shirt
mini skirts
condom pillow
pattern for crochet sushi
gnome pillow/stuffie
tutu skirt
owlet plushie
fascinator-headband feathers, skulls, zipper flowers, you know awesome, but not too big
wisty suprise-Thanks Dance4ever, you rock too.

Supplies
Rotary cutter
polymer clay

I pretty much would love anything made with the themes stated above or anything on my wist: wists.com/punkvixen

I'm not picky my favorite colors are seafoam green, lime green, blue, teal, pretty much bright colors and pretty much any color with black, like green and black or purple and black, teal and black, etc. I think that's it, Happy Birthday to all the June babies.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010 05:14:35 PM by RobbinZombie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

trebleclef

now addicted to swaps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2010 07:41:29 AM »

Hi! My name is Lauren, and I just turned 18 on June 5th.  I live in Savannah, GA.   I live with my mom and dad, and will start at Georgia College and State in the fall to major in art and music therapy.  I have a dog, Muggles, who is six and an English Cocker Spaniel, who my family knows as my furry sister.  I work part time at a local fort, but the job is pretty boring.  It gets slow out there, but the people who come by can be colorful at times.  For my crafts I sew, paint, needle felt, and Ive made one bracelet.  Im trying to learn as many new things as possible, so please feel free to send kits/instructions for anything that doesnt have materials that are too expensive xD  Im not allergic to anything.  My favorite colors are light pink and purple, and I like bright teal/turquoise as well.  Im very into music, both listening and Ive played the piano since I was in 2nd grade.  Id prefer mostly functional items, as I dont have that much space, but a small wall art for my dorm might be nice.  Its unlikely that Ill wear a knitted/crocheted item other than a scarf or mittens, theyre just not my style.  I tend to be a bit preppy and girly in style, though chill in personality.

My list!

CRAFTS
a thread catcher to match my sheets (pink and orange, mostly)
a pincushion, preferably something music related
some sort of beaded ring, size 4.5 (i know, im tiny)
small headbands of any sort, all varieties (by small I mean skinny, rather than the huge thick ones)
hair bows, the little bows that are on clips (I dont need sets, I only wear one at a time)
coiled bowls to hold things on my desk at college
friendship bracelets, skinnier ones are preferable
a quilted wallet with a zippered coin pouch
anything from my wist
inchies

SUPPLIES
fabric, preferably in yards but I can work with smaller pieces as well (I have a book of projects that use a yard of fabric each)
basic sewing supplies (my mom wont let me take hers to college.  thread in all colors, extra needles, zipppers, buttons, bobbins, etc. etc.  Anything is appreciated)
wool roving
felting needles
kits to learn new crafts, especially crocheting (and amigurumi)
a set of colored sharpies
a set of colored pencils
jewelry making supplies (I like charm bracelets)
Id really like the supplies to make an Amy Butler weekender bag (pattern and fabrics) but I have no idea how much this costs (fabrics dont have to be Amy Butler, just a cute design)

EXTRAS
I like candies that arent sour and dont have nuts (not allergic, just a preference)
Nothing that burns (incense, candles)
I dont drink tea or coffee
I figured Id tell you donts and leave everything else open xD

My wist - http://wists.com/trebleclef
My etsy favorites - http://www.etsy.com/people/trebleclef1992/favorites?ref=favorites
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
TTTFBS - Stalking
July ATC Swap - Swapping!
44 cent Swap - Sent =)

Project Sketchbook: My theme is Jackets, blankets, and sheets
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Macho Makeover - Introduction Part 2
Match Color in Photoshop
Macho Makeover - Basic Adjustments 2
Photoshop Tutorial - Split Toning with Gradient Maps
How to Patch, Clone and Heal in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...