A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,566
Currently Running With Scissors:
465 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How My Garden Grows Gallery  (Read 8430 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dreadlocklove
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2010 08:22:49 AM »

I'm really fond of the pot holder!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2010 11:56:11 AM »

I received the most awesomest package from Dreadlocklove today!
It is truly fanstastic, filled with stuff I can't do myself!

First, I opened the most good smelling package ever!

Now, she forgot the note, so I'm gonna guess....

bath salt?? Calendula, Rosemary+Lavender and chamomille and oat.

daughter doing like mom...

okay this one is obvious! Tongue she included a note on how to prepare it. Since it's REALLY hot today and supposed to be all the week, I'll try it very soon Smiley

Burlap cherry bag... but what's inside??

Starts! How great?? Those are gonna go in my in-laws fields and I'm gonna try keeping some on my balcony! Smiley

Those smells SO good. I swear everything smelled something in that package... So at that point I'm clueless of what they are made of!

Those must have some coffee in them, hehe

Garden salve... made with what? at that point my nose is a little mixed up! ahha

I love the little note her daughter wrote me in the first pages Wink

A really interesting magazine!

*cough* Not that I need that article... ahah

the whole

thanks A LOT lady!! Cheesy everything is wonderful and I really don't know why you said it was boring! I LOVE everything and most of the stuff I can't do myself, which is ever better!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
dreadlocklove
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2010 12:58:22 PM »

Yay, you received!  I'll just post my note here.

My first set of bath bombs - which were the normal round shaped ones - were ruined.  For the first time, I tried using herbs for colourants.  The calendula, for example, was yellow because I had added turmeric to it.  Little did I know that the sun would lead to fading.  With some inspiration from "Bath Bombs" (http://www.amazon.ca/Bath-Bombs-Elaine-Stavert/dp/1861086156/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1274210861&sr=8-1) - the author has a recipe that calls for using a plant pot for a mold, and using kaz's garden stake shape - I told you I loved it! - I came up with these.  The basic recipe for all three is the same; baking soda, citric acid, milk powder.  For this project, I remembered that you're pregnant so I limited the essential oils.  The calendula has a combo of olive oil and hemp seed oil (BE CAREFUL, THESE OILS MAY BE SLIPPERY!) and was left unscented, the lavender and rosemary has grapeseed oil (this is a light oil and won't be as slippery but still be careful!) and has two drops of rosemary (the normal amount of drops per bath is 8 - I thought you should be aware of that), and the chamomile and oats has added oat flour, almond oil,  and vanilla fragrance oil (the only fragrance oil I had, otherwise I would have used them for the others).  I hope you and your daughter have fun with these!

The tea is really good and can be drunk hot as well though it will taste tart if you do.  Most importantly, it should be safe for all of you.

Ugh, I can't believe the seed bombs started sprouting!  I remember telling you about guerilla gardening and then a day later the tutorial for the bombs made the front page of Craftster so I had a go at them.  I thought they were completely dry - they were made 2 days before I sent and were sitting on a drying rack - so I'm not sure if sprouting is normal?  I added rhassoul clay to all three batches for the minerals - kinda like seed food.  The burlap bag was made later as the patch was originally meant for a harvesting apron that just really didn't work out and couldn't be salvaged (the idea I posted about maybe being a bit too weird).  But I think the bag is a nice finish to the seeds.

Next is the soap.  I'll have to look at my notes a bit later to get the ingredients.  The coffee soap is meant for the hands, as coffee grounds help remove dirt and apparently odors like garlic and fish too.  I've tried it on my body also and it's VERY exfoliating.  Almost super scratchy if you rub even a tad too hard, though I feel it really wakes up my skin...  The first soap has some anise seed in the bottom layer for gentle exfoliation too and I used it for the first time last night.  My skin felt soft afterwards so I hope it has the same effect for you!

The garden salve contains calendula-infused extra virgin olive oil, beeswax, shea butter and cocoa butter, almond oil, wheatgerm oil, and some tea tree oil (I was out of lavender).  I set a bit aside for myself and have been using it on my dry hands and my arms.  It will feel oily at first but almond oil is very light and penetrates quickly.  My skin feels very soft afterwards.

The magazine was gifted to me from amymisha in the Gathered Roots Rd2 swap but I had already read it front to back and thought you may be interested in reading it too.  I had the same thought about the headline, though it was the first article I read.  And let me tell you from experience, maca WILL increase your sex drive!

The book is another little extra.  You said you were new at gardening and I no longer have a need for it.

I'm glad you are happy with your package!

The replacement gift that I wanted to send for the botched harvesting apron is one of the two ginkgo plants that I have.  I wanted to ask before sending because a) I'm not sure if you would want it, b) it didn't fit in the box, and c) I figure that if it took you 6 business days to receive your package, I would have to ship the plant through an overnight service.  So let me know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
dreadlocklove
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2010 01:06:07 PM »

AND your daughter is cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2010 02:18:03 PM »

What a great package!  The bath bombs and the salve sound fabulous and so does the tea! 

MamanTattoo - I have Carrots Love Tomatoes and it's a really interesting read!  I'm testing out the theories now, in fact, and so far it looks like it works! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote now for the New-To-You Recipe Cooking Challenge!
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2010 03:58:40 PM »

Thanks for all the enlightenment!  That ginkgo plants seems really interesting Smiley I don't know it, does it needs a lot of light???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
nessie

I'm a seamonster!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2010 09:09:31 AM »

I was planning on posting pics of the package I sent to craftybeachgirl, but I have had a lead paint removal crisis in my apartment (long story, uncooperative/unconcerned/ignorant landlord, lots of phone calls and research) and haven't been home for a few days to fetch my camera cord.  I will post as soon as I can! 

I love the package Dreadlocklove sent to MamanTattoo!  Looks very fragrant indeed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

typewrittenwhimsy.etsy.com
korok

Whoever dies with the most fabric wins!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2010 11:10:14 AM »

Wow!  Great package!  I love all the bath and beauty products.  I'm intrigued by the carrots love tomatoes book.  I hope I can find it somewhere.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

morrigan_le_faye
Come to the dark side - we have cookies....

currently obsessed with fibres! :D

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2010 11:47:50 AM »

So many wonderfull things to see in this gallery! I think this was a wonderfull swap!  Smiley

I really love the cherry bag! Had to wist it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

when_im_sixty4
Perpetually awkward

Craft Big, Dream Bigger!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2010 05:30:08 PM »

SnapsNDrangons- I'm glad you liked it all!  Grin

Also, I'm a dork because I realized I forgot to include and checklist for the contents and just pm'd you one. And you already have it all posted! I should've checked the thread first!

I'm glad you like the plant hanger- I really wanted to make you some chimes, since that seemed to be something you were very interested in, but I just couldn't find materials that I thought were sturdy enough for a project like that.  Embarrassed  Thus, the plant hanger! I wish I could've made it with some more colorful cords, but again- couldn't find it anywhere. Apparently macrame supplies are rather limited around here!

I'm keeping an eye on my porch for your package to show up- I'm really looking forward to it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"[crafting] fills my days,
not to mention the living room, bedroom, and closets."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
21 Nights Book Trailer
Nikki Sixx Talks About Heroin Diaries Part 4
Donald Trump Talks About Think Like a Champion
Perils of Pursuing a Prince Book Trailer
The Book of Spam Book Trailer Part 2
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...