A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,709
Currently Running With Scissors:
631 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Charleston Craft Meet Ups  (Read 1089 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MarinesDragonfly
« on: April 22, 2010 10:38:53 AM »

I see lots of threads asking about starting one, but I don't see anything ever actually done.  Maybe the discussion continued off the public forum?

I am very interested in finding a crafting group - for any type/s of crafts!  If there aren't any, I'm very interested in opening my home to it. 

Is there groups already meeting, and where?  If not, are there people interested in meeting?  Even if its just one other person, we can make it work!

A little about me: I'm in North Charleston, near Summerville.  I don't know many places in the Charleston area that cater to crafts, but not for lack of looking.  I'm always up for trying local shops for craft supplies.  I'd rank myself as a novice in all the areas I'm familiar with, which would be crocheting, sewing, jewelry/beading, and furniture "up-cycling"... I'm eager to learn more and to refine what I already know. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
suzyyy29
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010 09:48:52 AM »

Hey!
I don't know too much about craft meet ups.  I go to college down in Savannah, so I'm not around too much to hear of any, but I do know of one two places.  The first was where I took my first knitting class.  It is called Craft Happy in downtown Summerville.  There website has some information on nights (or mornings) where people come in and just sit around and knit or crochet.  It's a really nice place.  Another place, which I am not too familiar with, I just know of from researching on the internet, is the Palmetto Fiber Arts Guild.  Here is a link to their website.... http://palmettofiberartsguild.blogspot.com/
They have classes teaching all sorts of things from spinning wool to basketry and quilting.  It seems really interesting!

Anywho, that is all I have heard of!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've been a shoeless cobbler for as long as i remember and i'm always having trouble staying put.
Pumpkinniki
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010 07:49:49 PM »

I live in Summerville.  A multi-craft group would be super!  My knitting/crochet group just got too busy for each other...Sad
And now I have carpel tunnel and can't knit anymore!  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KatiesDiddies
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010 08:07:15 AM »

Most of the major art/craft categories in the Charleston area have established guilds that are really wonderful! I don't currently belong to any of them but know tons of people who do.  Check with your town's website (Summerville, or N. Charleston, or Mt. P) and definitely look at the City of Charleston website.  The Charleston artists guild is responsible for the annual Piccolo Spoleto art fair.  The Quilters Guild, Knitters Guild, Artists Guild, are all names that come to mind.

Another great place to look is the Recreation Center's website.  I live in Mt. P and there are all sorts of options available. Trident Tech, CofC, and the Continuing Ed programs through the Charleston County school system also offer some very interesting "classes" that could easily lead you to a group.

Just a few thoughts! Keep in touch and let us know what you find out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Chicken Teriyaki for a Japanese Bento Box
How to Make Wagyu Tartar, Gunkan Style
Vegetarian Japanese Bento Box Recipes
How to Make Foie Gras for a Japanese Bento Box
How to Prepare a Japanese Bento Box for Kids
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...