A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,513
Currently Running With Scissors:
531 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: what have I gotten myself into? :)  (Read 449 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

funkypork
« on: April 21, 2010 08:40:23 PM »

Hi, my name is Amanda, I'm 26, and currently a resident of Lansing, MI.  I'm a third-year Americorps volunteer and I never really thought of myself as being very crafty.  A few years ago I started cutting up t-shirts to make a quilt, but I was using my roommates supplies, so when I moved, the squares went into hiding.

I started playing with polymer clay a little while back and quickly moved into making jewerly for my friends.

And now I've bought a sewing machine.  Oy.

Anyway, I've been poking around on craftster.org for a while now and finally got an account so I could stop lurking.  I have a very large mental list of things that I want to make now...I don't have much money, but I have heaps of time Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope still is to leave the world a little bit better for my having been here." - Jim Henson
lanikins
you can't take life too seriously...you'll never make it out alive

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010 07:34:58 PM »

Hello Amanda!  I'm Lani, and a bit of a seamstress.  I studied fashion design and costuming for a few years...nowadays, I just enjoy sewing plushies.  I understand how the low cash flow situation goes, which is why most of the materials I use are clothes given to me by family to make my little guys.  I also shop the remnant bins at the fabric stores.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

funkypork
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010 07:30:52 PM »

Yeah, it makes me glad that I kept all of the scraps from making m t-shirt quilt-squares.  Once I get them from my parents house, I can go crazy! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope still is to leave the world a little bit better for my having been here." - Jim Henson
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Great Poolside Hair-Dos
How to Do a Nicole Scherzinger Updo
How to Do a Curly Updo Inspired by Rihanna
How to Get Voluminous, Curly Hair at Home
How to Hone the Bohemian Minimalist Hair Look
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...