A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,180
Currently Running With Scissors:
591 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ribbed Lace Bolero Knitalong  (Read 15591 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2010 12:04:41 PM »

Dizzer I finally got those pics for you.
Here it is all bunched up on the needles:

And here it is spread out a bit for you to see the top detail:

There's a few places where I lost count in the ribbing and messed up but it doesn't bother me. I figure no one else will notice but me. And it just adds to the fact that I made it not some machine. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soozeq
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2010 02:53:23 PM »

Oh dear.... I hate to tell you but your sts are twisted. You must wrap the purls backwards. They should be wrapped the same direction you do for a knit stitch. You may already know this and don't mind it...

eta - just wanted to add that however you want to wrap the yarn is fine, but if you want untwisted sts, on the next row work into the leg of the stitch thats closest to the tip of the needle, rather than trying to think front or back leg.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010 07:40:09 PM by soozeq » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
DizzerSpinninRound
Proverbs 31: 10-31

Little M is growing in my belly! Due Feb 2013!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2010 06:22:38 PM »

That helps significantly! I still haven't picked mine back up since the yarn got all tangled up.

I thought the stitches were suppose to be twisted for this garment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2010 08:31:01 AM »

Oh dear.... I hate to tell you but your sts are twisted. You must wrap the purls backwards. They should be wrapped the same direction you do for a knit stitch. You may already know this and don't mind it...

eta - just wanted to add that however you want to wrap the yarn is fine, but if you want untwisted sts, on the next row work into the leg of the stitch thats closest to the tip of the needle, rather than trying to think front or back leg.
Yep I knew they were twisted. I just can't get them to work the other way so this works for me. It's close enough so I don't mind. And for my first "lace" piece I think it's coming along pretty good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ariadani
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2010 07:46:01 AM »

So, here I am, a complete n00b to craftster, having stumbled along it looking at a link posted from Ravelry. This bolero looks really cute, I may join in your KAL, if you don't mind? Now to find some yarn from the stash and make sure I have the right size needles available....(too many projects, so little time)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2010 12:07:57 PM »

So, here I am, a complete n00b to craftster, having stumbled along it looking at a link posted from Ravelry. This bolero looks really cute, I may join in your KAL, if you don't mind? Now to find some yarn from the stash and make sure I have the right size needles available....(too many projects, so little time)
Anyone is welcome! I haven't picked mine up in a while. Been working on another project. But I need to!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2010 08:30:05 AM »

So how is everyone doing on this? I regret that I didn't meet my second deadline either but still have this sitting and want to finish it! I finished my crocheted project finally and can get back to this now.
how about you all?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010 08:30:25 AM by Eliea » THIS ROCKS   Logged
DizzerSpinninRound

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2010 11:34:27 AM »

I've been to busy with custom orders to finish mine, but I'm going to have to start over since my yarn got tangled, plus I don't think I have enough  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2010 12:12:28 PM »

I've been to busy with custom orders to finish mine, but I'm going to have to start over since my yarn got tangled, plus I don't think I have enough  Undecided

If it makes you feel better I can't remember if I'm on a knit or purl row. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DizzerSpinninRound

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2010 02:09:25 PM »

If it makes you feel better I can't remember if I'm on a knit or purl row. Tongue
Oh I hate it when I do that! I have these awesome stitch markers from the Firefly swap, but I won't be able to get to them until we are able to move back into our house T_T"
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Things to Try This May 2014
Keep Your Skin Looking Great
Beauty Products YouTuber Rosanna Regrets Buying
The Cynosure Vectus Hair Removal Laser Treatment
Our Picks for the Best Suncreen
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...