A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 316,235
Currently Running With Scissors:
306 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: new kicks  (Read 3947 times)
Tags for this thread: painted_shoes , canvas_shoes , vans  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ashley053091
« on: April 20, 2010 05:27:13 PM »

Well I was at Wal-Mart and somehow wandered over to the shoe department and they were getting rid of their older style "van-alikes" for $5!!! I couldn't pass up that bargain and I bought a pair for me and my sister with the intentions of painting them but with what we hadn't decided.  This is what we came up with.

For those of you that know who Motion City Soundtrack is (and those who don't  Smiley ) here are my sisters shoes and the first shoes I attempted to paint...

and these are mine. I have a bit of a Sailor Jerry obsession so a perfect fit Tongue

they don't look the best in this picture and I should have taken the pictures BEFORE we had both been wearing them for a while but I always forget!

Thanks for looking!
C&C appreciated
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EcoQueen
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010 06:19:38 PM »

OH MY GOD! I knew from the preview it just HAD to be the dino from the dinosour life cover! I LOVE MCS! Its so cute and just PERFECT! I've painted shoes before so I know it can be tricky. I love how clean it is, and the shading. I like the birds too!

Just a little MCS cred but I was at their first concert of the dino life tour. Seriously though, really good painting! Did you use fabric paint or acrylic. I used acrylic but I had to spray it with a sealant to protect it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ashley053091
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010 06:32:48 PM »

I love MCS too!! I got to see Justin when he did the dino trail in st. louis Smiley
Anyway...Thank you for the comments. They were both done with fabric paint. I thought about acrylic but I was afraid of cracking and didn't want to mess with sealant. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ValiantSeraphim
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010 07:09:52 PM »

personally i love the ones with the birds. they're lovely. and i love how bright all the colors are! I hope they last for a while
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dragonshinwa
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010 07:44:27 PM »

Love these shoes.
I don't know who or what motion city sound track is but i love the rhino-dragon-stegosaurus creature you painted on the shoes.
It's awesome how a bit of paint can add value to a project.
LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shutterbugkate

Art is the weapon.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010 08:19:51 PM »

Oh my gosh! Those are fantastic!  Love it.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
paperlungs
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010 09:26:37 PM »

I love your pair! I actually had my boyfriend tattoo a pair of vans for me once with birds and roses on them. That's another technique you could try if you have steady hands.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

you don't have a soul.
you are a soul.
you have a body.- c.s lewis
PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010 10:03:01 PM »

loving the ones with the birds!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ashley053091
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010 09:06:04 AM »

Thanks for your comments! I think I may be addicted to painting shoes. I have 3 more pairs lined up to do as soon as I get the time.

@paperlungs tattooing? I hadn't thought about that. Just might have to try it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EcoQueen
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010 02:49:14 PM »

I love MCS too!! I got to see Justin when he did the dino trail in st. louis Smiley
Anyway...Thank you for the comments. They were both done with fabric paint. I thought about acrylic but I was afraid of cracking and didn't want to mess with sealant. 

Stick to fabric paint. It looks nicer and dealing with acetone in the sealant and the cracking is annoying. What brand of fabric paint did you use? I've only found really ugly neon colored ones and I'd like more usable ones.

And its cool to see another MCS fan!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
August 24, 2016 Featured Projects
OOOOOHKLAHOMA! Where the wind...
Tute Tuesday: Hand-Bound Book

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...