A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,697
Currently Running With Scissors:
645 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Concertina Gift Card  (Read 810 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Craftylocks

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

View Profile WWW
« on: April 19, 2010 04:58:13 PM »

A card that can be used for gifts too!

What I really really love about this card is that the little pockets can be used to contain all sorts of treats. The most special kind are vouchers promising things like a cup of tea, or dishes washed, that kind of thing. The giver and the recipient both feel good with that sort of gift. I will give this card to my children to see what they come up with - I suspect I may even find carefully drawn pictures of dragons tucked in the pockets!!

The elements to make this card are two shapes cut out of cardboard for the front and back of the card, I also cut a smaller matching shape out of paper to layer onto the front. For the card inner you need a piece of paper folded up at the bottom to make the pockets and then folded into a concertina. The paper can already be decorated as in this example, or you can decorate the paper in your own style. In my example I have also cut a decorative edge along the pocket edge.

All sorts of things can be used to tuck in the pockets - to use in this card I made little tags out of card and tied ribbon to the top of them.

Assemble the card by gluing the front and back onto the concertina. You also need to run a bit of glue along the open edge at each edge of the concertina so it is closed at each end. I also glued the accent layer on the front and added a dangling note to decorate the front. I am not a really bad speller - in New Zealand we spell 'Mom' as 'Mum' Wink

Then it is ready for filling the pockets!!

If you want to use the shape I made for the card front and back, I have made a card shape template you are welcome to use - http://www.papercraftsforchildren.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/template_card-shape.pdf that you can print out. I put lots of different sizes, even little ones that you could use for gift tags.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Juicebox29
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010 08:00:35 AM »

Such a good idea! It'd be perfect to spruce up coupons and gift cards or even cash!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to do flat rate box{US} supply swaps! PM me if you're interested!
Will do personal swaps!
http://wists.com/JRoy32
Craftylocks

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010 01:06:50 PM »

Absolutely! Anything little or on paper Smiley
Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Runway Hair Curling Tips
How to Make a Modern French Twist Hairstyle
How to Create a Classic French Twist Hairstyle
How to Create Futuristic Hairstyles
Tips for Beachy Waves
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...