A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,030
Currently Running With Scissors:
759 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Peacocks, Camels, Batteries and Scissors! (what nerds are made of)  (Read 695 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Anghella

Geriatric at twenty years old

View Profile WWW
« on: May 19, 2010 06:27:55 PM »

I randomly found these pics on my computer so i thought I'd share. They're all pieces I did in various art classes in school (we're talking elementary/HS. I'm an enginerd. My academic career is less arty and more ASCII). They're nowhere near the level of the stuff I've seen in this category- the amount of talented people here is crazy!

Peacock: I had a pic of a peacock out of the National Geographic (love the NG). The assignment was to take a piece of card, cut out a 1cm^2 square, place it on the picture and then draw what you see in that box on a bigger piece of paper. Here is the result.

I used chalk pastels on the worst paper - I think it was that type you draw on at Jack Astors or something. I rubbed my fingers raw, but I love it so. I also handed it in a week or so late because it wasn't perfect yet. I was cheeky as a kid.

Camel: graphite pencil. This is just out of my sketch pad. I have a camel figurine that I got from the UAE from a friend. Here he is gracing my wall.

Scissors: Another assignment. We were supposed to represent the concept of repetition.

I love the idea so much I might redo it someday. I've always loved modern art and the use of everyday object as the subject of art. I used those little pucks of paint you used when you were a kid and yet another piece of paper you'd draw on at a resto-bar. Sorry for the shoddy pic!

Battery: Completely amateur lithograph of a battery, but I think the colours match my room pretty well.

Here they all are hanging out together!

These pic is from 2 or 3 years ago. I used to put anything I thought was beautiful/interesting/fun up on my walls. It was kind of a sensory overload when you walked in there. I don't decorate like that anymore, so these are in a box somewhere.

I hope you enjoyed the work of my younger self!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm all for moderation
But sometimes it seems
Moderation itself can be a kind of extreme
-Andrew Bird

My blog about mental health awareness, advocacy and fundraising:
http://iloveyou-thismuch.blogspot.com/
FriendlyNeighbourPsycho
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010 06:32:06 PM »

I love the peacock! The colors are so pretty  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010 07:18:54 PM »

I love finding pieces I did when I was younger---it makes me realize how much I have learned and how experience can teach you techniques but somewhere you still hold that special creativity you had as a child...I hope you always keep your earlier pieces as a reminder that you have always been creative!

I love the scissors and hope you do try that technique again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 101/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Christmas Wreath Part 8/8
How to Crochet a Christmas Wreath Part 4/8
How to Crochet a Christmas Wreath Part 0/8
How to Crochet a Christmas Wreath Part 1/8
How to Crochet a Christmas Wreath Part 3/8
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...