A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,555
Currently Running With Scissors:
622 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Adventures in shrink plastic  (Read 6037 times)
Tags for this thread: video_game , zelda , legend_of_zelda , mass_effect  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FriendlyNeighbourPsycho
« on: April 14, 2010 05:46:33 PM »

Ive been collecting the #6 plastic for awhile now so that I could finally try shrink plastic. I have had one project done for months now but I was to terrified to put it in the oven incase it didnt work..I was going to be devistated if it didnt work out. So I tested two peices that I was equally attached to but those ended up in the garbage. They all came out awful first try in the oven, but I decided to try remelting them but this time with a heat gun. Needless to say that came out much better Smiley I was even able to make the circle that came out a square a somewhat circle again! Anyways that was my rant...onto pictures  Cheesy They took FOREVER to get decent pictures of by the way!

All the charms are based off of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. It took me forever to get it to hang the way I wanted it to. It is the Triforce, Spiritual stones and Six medallions that you collect through the game. Top: Triforce, Middle: Kokiri's Emerald, Goron's Ruby, and Zora's Sapphire and Bottom: Light, Forest, Fire, Water, Spirit and Shadow Medallions. I had intended to make it a bracelet but it evolved. Tell me is it too much?

My Mass Effect earrings Smiley Renegade and Paragon. If youve never played: if your character does enough bad actions they are a renegade and if they do good actions they are a paragon. I like a little bit of both. This is the second try at these, the first are the ones that got thrown out. The original renegade one I did was green but I decided to go red for the new one.

On monday I got so excited when Cliffy B showed the Gears of War 3 trailer on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon that a small part of me got very very sad that my COG tags arent done yet (Im waiting for my brothers assistance because theres no way Im doing the last step alone!)...so I decided I needed something Gears of War like right now. Its the gnasher, torque bow, lancer and longshot. The torque bow and lancer really should have done opposite things..the lance became very chubby and the torque bow became very long..

The only one that I made that isnt based on a game..The little fishie and the plant are on one side, the bubbles and water are on the other. I made the necklace awhile ago but I wasnt sure if I liked the pendant so I had an idea for this one and I think it looks alot better. So far this is the best I could get for a detail shot.

I sealed them all with clear nail polish because I read you can do that and its all that I had. I wasnt sure if I was going to seal them but two of them started to smudge..
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010 01:14:54 PM by FriendlyNeighbourPsycho » THIS ROCKS   Logged
BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010 05:58:30 PM »

I love the Zelda game pieces, makes me want to break out the 64 and hunt that game down again!

I haven't played the other games.

But, my absolute favorite is the fish!  I am in love with water, fish, bubbles, so that is totally calling my name.  Great job!!

Now I guess I will have to start scrounging for #6 plastic.  I've been meaning to anyway, but you totally inspired me!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
tlh878
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010 06:01:23 PM »

I have never played Zelda, but I appreciate your artistry.  These are amazing pieces.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FriendlyNeighbourPsycho
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010 07:33:37 PM »

Thanks guys Smiley Its always a good idea to bust out the Zelda  Wink
I had a difficult time finding #6 plastic, alot of the time it would be #5. I ended up getting it from containers with baking in them. Good luck!!
And awww I dont think Ive ever inspired someone before Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010 07:55:28 PM »

What fun!  I never knew you could use #6 plastic!  I have tried the regular shrinky stuff and I think it is hard enough to get right, so you definitely did a good job!

I am really impressed with the fish as well--what do you expect from a Pisces? Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
FriendlyNeighbourPsycho
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010 01:00:11 PM »

I am really impressed with the fish as well--what do you expect from a Pisces? Grin
I suppose that *might* give you a wee bit more of a love for fishies yup Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Creeperella
Seamstress and Milliner

Fancy, fluff, and frou-frou

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010 05:21:29 PM »

WOW! I love Zelda, and I love recycling into art! Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Creeps
modgeek
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010 02:00:02 PM »

LOVE the Zelda necklace! Actually, I'm a little jealous.  Smiley I might have to play some OOT soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Roasted Corn Salsa Recipe
The Ultimate Cheeseburger Recipe
Perfectly Poached Eggs
Amazing BBQ Nachos For Tailgating
On the Go Peanut Butter and Jelly Pancake Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...