A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,471
Currently Running With Scissors:
606 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post secret swap! (CLOSED; MAIL OUT DATE: 15TH JUNE'05)  (Read 7541 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jadey_mcshadey

kys mig, jeg er dansk

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2005 03:35:47 AM »

Would we be sending to the same person each month?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ilonavg
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2005 04:00:41 AM »

Another question.. More confusion! Smiley
What if you were really proud of a postcard, could you amdit that you made it when it is posted in the swap gallery or are we supposed to keep this to ourselves?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In olden times when wishing still helped one...
JazzyBee
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2005 02:30:24 PM »

Ok guys...i'am gonna try my best to solve all doubts..

1. Yes you all will know at the beginning who you will send to each month. I will give you all th address of the person you are sending to. As for em knwoing who you will send to,ofcourse i know..coz i make the list!! only that i won't know whoch secret is who's

2. For International participants:
Edit: I reread the first post and am still confused becasue it says that we will be told you we're sending to but also that Jas will address the international ones and I don't see why both are necessary)

Not sure i get what you mean but i'll try and explain what i think it is. well for international people i volunteered to forward the postcards to your respective partners as if you send them directly then your identity might be given away..with your stamps and everything... so i said that you send your postcard to me in an envelope and then i will forward it to your partner in the U.S with a U.S stamp. Obviously i will not see the contents of the postcard...and all i can do here is give you all my word!

However if you prefer on sending your postcards (from outside U.S) on your own, you are absolutely free to do so. If you want me to send them for you, let me know.

3. You might not be sending to the same person every month...you may get say 3 people in all and so u send to one person twice...or you might get all 6 different people.

4. If you are proud of your postcard and want to tell people it belongs to you, you are absolutely free to do so. The annonymiy is not a rule, but something sme people might want depending on their secret. I know i would not want to identify my postcard even if people loved it. So yea, it depends on you entirely.

On the other hand, by some freak chance if you guessed that the postcard you recived if from person X, pls don't spill the beans, person X might not want to reveal thier identity. I'am not saying that this will happen, but just by some Freak accident! (better to mention it!)

I hope i made alot of things clear...any other questions!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would just like to thank the academy for nominating me......
starpiste
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2005 02:44:57 PM »

Ok. I think we're all saying the same things but in different ways and that's why it's getting confusing for me. I also like things to be really, really simple. I think I have it sorted now and I'm sorry for totally exhausting the subject but I need to be clear or it'll drive me crazy and I'll be preoccupied that I'm doing it wrong.

(note to non-us people: if you are sending to Jas.ns if you don't put any return adress information and send your postcards already adressed to the person who gets them in the end she won't know who they belong to so your secret is nice and safe.)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2005 02:50:44 PM by starpiste » THIS ROCKS   Logged

JazzyBee
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2005 03:03:19 PM »

(note to non-us people: if you are sending to Jas.ns if you don't put any return adress information and send your postcards already adressed to the person who gets them in the end she won't know who they belong to so your secret is nice and safe.)

Yes that is what i meant as well....starpiste you mena don't write a return address on the envelope right?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

starpiste
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2005 03:07:53 PM »

Yes that's what I meant. OK I feel better now. thanks for being patient!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JazzyBee
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2005 01:31:05 PM »

Ok we have 17 people signed up so far

I have a request and question for everyone. I know some of you said you would not prefer shippng out side of the U.S, but would it be ok if you had to send outside for one or at the most two mths of the six.?

Pls let me know...
Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

princessandthebead
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2005 02:46:30 PM »

No problem with me at all.  it is really not all that expensive.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a Sharpie addiction.  eemmm...In Fact, I am the President of the Sharpie relocation program. 
Newest addiction....PINCUSHIONS!!
I love personal swaps!

My wist:  http://www.wists.com/princessandthebead

I collect business cards and would LOVE to add yours to my collection!  Email me!
jadey_mcshadey

kys mig, jeg er dansk

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2005 02:46:03 AM »

Last time I was in the States, sending a postcard to Aus was less than a dollar, if that helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Karensff
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2005 09:57:32 PM »

Last time I was in the States, sending a postcard to Aus was less than a dollar, if that helps.

It was less than a dollar to send to Britain the last time I was there too.

Karen Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Master Zhi Gang Sha on Divine Healing Hands
Rachael Ray Discusses Her Book of Burger
Top 10 Banned Books
Author Brittany Geragotelis on Life’s a Witch
Brittany Geragotelis on What the Spell
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Mug Cozy
March 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: How to Make 110 Prayer Flags

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...