A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,023
Currently Running With Scissors:
430 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 50
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dollar Store Swap! (Send outs 30th June)  (Read 30283 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pops

this kittens' nose demands kisses...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: April 14, 2010 01:42:43 AM »

Swap name: Dollar store swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: pops ~ lovesclutter to be a lifesaver and coorganise! Grin
Sign-up date range: 15th April 15th May 2010
Date to send item by:30th June 2010

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country? n/a

Additional Age requirement? 18+ or 16+ with mod approval

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 18 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Smiley Details of swap
:
Oh what fun a dollar store (or pound shop) can be! And heres the chance to show how you can stretch your
[/size] budget, sniff out a bargain and maybe even turn a garish $1 tablecoth into a silk purse!

RULES:
1.  It's easy to go nuts in the dollar store, so there is a spending limit.  No less than $5, No more than $10, this equates to about 4.50-6.50 for Brits, and 5.20-7.50 Euros (my keypad wont do the euro symbol!) Youre going to really have to choose wisely so stalk your partners wists and posts and shop with them in mind!
2.  You are required to send your receipts! (or a copy if you need your  receipt for accounts!) This is to show just how far you stretched your budget, that you didnt cheat Wink and to highlight what miracles you performed with your raw materials!
3.  No sneaking off to proper shops Walmart, Michaels, Wilkinsons or Asda. Keep your shopping to real dollar stores and pound shops pleas!
4.  Likewise, no thrift stores/charity shops.  Yes, i know theyre fabulous, but this swap is all about being creative with the kind of mass produced items you get in the dollar store!
5. You may use your stash to make your items, but be sensible, your items should absolutely feature what you bought at the dollar store. Example: thread from your stash to sew something together with fabric you found in a table runner at the dollar store.
6. Think outside the box and have fun!  Wink

What to craft:
No points in this one, a minimum of two items, but put your heart into crafting as much and as well as you can with your budget! Please discuss spoiling with your partner
Additional rules to ensure everything goes smoothly and we all have fun (adapted from pinupmommy)

I am reserving the right to refuse any crafter who has poor communication and/or late send-outs for previous swaps!  
-When sending PM's, please include "DSS" in all subjects.  
-Please post an update in the forum weekly once partners have been assigned.  You don't have to write more than your crafting progress (Medium 50%, Small 0%) if you don't want to.  People who post weekly are less likely to flake, and no one likes flakers! Also, talk to your partner! Have fun and make a new friend.
-DC#'s must be purchased when you ship. Please PM me with "DSS- Shipped" as the subject and copy the message to your partner.  If you will be shipping late, you MUST notify both myself AND your partner.  I understand sometimes that darn thing called life gets in the way of crafting, and Id MUCH rather have someone who sends a little late than someone who flakes.
-When you receive, please PM me with "DSS - Received" as the subject and copy the message to your partner.  
-I will set up a gallery once the first person has shipped.  Please post pictures when your package arrives.  Your partner put a lot of work into crafting for you!  They deserve a little recognition!! Your feedback may be delayed if you don't post pictures promptly. If you stated in your questionnaire that you have access to a camera and don't post pictures that will be noted in your feedback.
- Right after you post pictures, PM me with DSS- Pictures in the subject and what page your picture are on to ensure you receive timely feedback

If you have any questions about any of this feel free to PM me

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Dollar Store Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
Are you willing to ship outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 18 years old (yes/no):
I have read and understand the Swap Info Guide:
What type of crafts can you do?:
What type of crafts do you especially admire?:
Favorite colors:
Least favorite colors:
Any children (with paws or hands or otherwise?):
List any links here so your partner can get a feel for your style (blog, wists, etc.):
Anything youd particularly like to receive?:
Anything youd particularly avoid from dollar stores?:
Are you allergic to anything?:
Do you have any allergens in your home (smoke, pets etc):
Do you have access to a camera?:
Is there anything else youd like your partner to know?:

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Links to previous swaps along these lines, and their galleries...
bargain hunter swap
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=179249.0
dollar store swap
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=295929.0

Swappers~

1.ifallthraindrops
2.pops
3.TeriLyn
4.tamalama
5.cxcaitlyn
6.astrangeone
7.teag
8.psychonmemphis
9.Britness
10.sugarshoxcrafts
11.dawn0684
12.sherettehippot
13.lovesclutter
14.lacey0828 ~welcome 1st time swapper!
15.sillysmushyhippocake
16.Sejimara
17.yzzilnoaj
18.A2JC4life
19.Nobodyhasthisoneyet
20.szuzu1969 ~ welcome 1st time swapper!
21.gala_apples
22.xoxheatherrae
23.amazing784
24.deadbathducky
25.pureoath
26.New2ItAll
27.Miss Barbara
28.SMLounsbury
29.fluffypants
30.yardenxanthe
31.leeska
32.trix_ska
33.leslieyam
34.Ivagrovegirl ~ welcome first time swapper!
35.Mocka_moo
36.skullseamstress
37.madpimp
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010 12:22:13 PM by pops » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pops

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010 01:45:09 AM »

you should all have a pm now with your partners details, please please pm me or lovesclutter if there are any problems, and get in contact with your partner - remember to stay on touch and post in this thread AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK PLEASE!!!

sent
sent & received
feedback given
late with communication
late without communicatio, please contact me ASAP!
pops's penny pinchers

astrangeone-lacey0828
psychonmemphis-lovesclutter
sejimara-Miss Barbara
Mocka_moo-trix_ska
Ivagrovegirl-szuzu1969
sugarshoxcrafts-madpimp
gala_apples-leslieyam
skullseamstress-cxcaitlyn
sherettehippott-New2ItAll

lovesclutters dollar dollies

leeska-yardenxanthe
fluffypants-SMLounsbury
tamalama-britness
pureoath-yzzilnoaj
sherettehippot - New2itall
dawn0684-xoxheatherrae
amazing784-terilynn
a2jc4life-ifallthraindrops
teag-preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'sillysmushyhippocake')
deadbathducky-nobodyhasthisoneyet
GALLERY! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=347773.msg4051910#msg4051910
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010 01:48:57 AM by pops » THIS ROCKS   Logged

fluffypants
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010 04:30:39 AM »

This is super tempting, as I'm heading to a town with a fantastic dollar store later this month. However, I'll have no idea who my partner is then.... hmmmm. Do I or don't I? Decisions!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sum1smuma
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010 05:03:45 AM »

Awww. I have to finish my 1st swap before signing up. I can never pass up a trip to the dollar store (I am recognized by the staff who ask what I am making now). This does sound like an interesting reason for shopping and crafting ...like I need one! Well here's hoping I can complete and sign up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ya just can't stop a crafty girl!
sugarshoxcrafts
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010 05:26:59 AM »

What did we ever do before Dollar Stores got popular?  Smiley 

Dishes, wooden frames, and kitchen utensils have always been my favorite things to get from those stores.  They don't even look like they came from there! I'm excited now cause I've been noticing a fleecy-like receiving blanket at Dollar Tree and now I can see how I can use that fabric in a project.  We've all gotta be thrifty with our craft supplies especially now since Walmart is getting rid of their craft department.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wallets, Jewelry, & Home Decor from Recycled Materials: http://sugarshoxcrafts.etsy.com

Facebook: http://facebook.com/sugarshoxcrafts
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010 07:16:01 AM »

Very tempted by this swap!  I will have to think on it and preview my local dollar stores to see what sorts of things I'll have to work with!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ifallthraindrops
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010 08:29:58 AM »

Holy long sign up period, Batman!

Just teasing. I'm totally in for this swap, AND I know where I'll be when sendouts happen (I'm currently away at college, but going home at the end of the month, making swaps a little iffy... Not that that stops me from joining them).

THIS ROCKS   Logged

mamarose22
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010 08:40:28 AM »

Question...There are a couple of stores that might be $1.00 and up amd there is also a store not too far from me that says .59 and up (it also goes beyond $1.00); are those stores ok if I stick to $1.00 (or less) items?   I'm not too crazy about the Dollar Tree near me as I don't feel they have such a good variety of things.  Once in a blue moon however, they have a few good things but they run out of them quickly.  Of course with a month for signups I guess one could start shopping early.  However that would be before you know who your partner is and what their likes and wants might be.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
http://www.pinterest.com/mamarose22/
pops

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010 09:03:13 AM »

@raindrops - LOL! i know it's long, but in the discussion thread a couple of members mentioned that they would be away for part of may/early june, so i thought to be fair, summer is a busy time for swaps, let's take our time Smiley

@mamarose - i'm really new at doing this, ie questionnaires and rules etc, personally i'm fine with it being a store that doesn't use the word *Dollar* or *Pound* in it's name - i think your suggestion of keeping to items priced at $1 or 1 is a sensible one.

(wondering if i've left mega gaps in this?!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010 09:34:12 AM »

I would be willing to spend the money up to $10 but not to spend $40 to ship overseas, so that question needs to be in there. I would love to join if I can ship inside usa.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 50 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Leila Sales Talks About Mostly Good Girls
Chuck Hogan Talks About The Town
Meet Author Annabel Karmel
Elizabeth Scott Talks About The Unwritten Rule
Mickey Leigh and Legs McNeil Talk About I Slept with Joey Ramone
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...