A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,139
Currently Running With Scissors:
489 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I <3 Gibbous Altered fashions swap GALLERY!  (Read 36384 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: June 30, 2010 06:22:45 PM »

That zipper rose is brilliant!

Looking forward to Miss Celia and Woodland_Faerie's stuff!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katara
« Reply #141 on: June 30, 2010 11:26:11 PM »

Am glad you like the bag Ludi  Grin I'm so happy with the way it came out that I'm seriously considering making myself one too! Thanks for all the compliments guys!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #142 on: July 01, 2010 01:04:24 PM »

Oh I do like it!  I was getting so tired of my old bag, and I'm not brave enough to use the ones I've been making lately ( the ones with faces), -  yours is a definitely unusual change - but not too outrageous!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

woodland_faerie
craftie Woodland faerie

Sewing feral faerie creature TEXTURE YUM

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #143 on: July 02, 2010 05:28:38 AM »

feedback has been updated...sorry i tried to hurry Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Watch out for toadstool rings!
www.wists.com/woodland_faerie
I love personal swaps we can do one with faerie clothing just ask! I've got a vintage fabric for trade
Aveykin
Perpetually in the Clouds

Environmental Science Major~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: July 02, 2010 10:46:46 AM »

feedback has been updated...sorry i tried to hurry Cry

Thankyou!! <3<3

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swap(s):
Surprise Ball Swap-Sent
Matchbox Swap-Sent
Warcraft Swap- Crafting

"Accuse not Nature, she hath done her part; Do thou but thine."
-John Milton

http://wists.com/Aveykin
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: July 02, 2010 03:27:30 PM »

I received my Steampunky waistcoat from thatbluesea today!! The colours are absolutely dead-on perfect, and it's made almost entirely of very properly waistcoaty woolens, with a few bits of black cheesecloth thrown in to make you take notice. (I love dyed cheesecloth, as thatbluesea will see when she gets her package!) There's also a few bits of black and white ribbon, camouflage cloth, etc.

Here's a better picture of the front. (I've just realized I didn't take a proper picture of the back).

And some of the details. Two of the buttons are lovely vintage, but the third one is actually a West German 10 pfennig coin! (Is that my favourite bit? Probably, though it's hard to choose.) Most of the back is actually made of up strips and bits woven together. The wheel emblem that looks like it was cut off the front of a school blazer is actually hand embroidered on!

As feared, it is a bit tight, but not too tight, and perfectly fine if worn unbuttoned. So I probably won't have to do more than move the buttons to the other side. The whole "men button left over right, women right over left" thing makes my head hurt every time. I always have to mime buttoning something up to make sure it's the right way around, and of course if it's a woman's garment, I have to somehow reverse that, which is so confusing... So don't feel at all bad about getting it wrong way round! And it's easily fixed. I'll also move the pocket down to accommodate my watch chain. (We had a bit of a discussion about this, but I never did clarify where it ought to go. Sorry!)

Anyhow, I love it Cheesy and I love the fact that our interpretations of Gibbous style are so similar. It bodes well for thatbluesea liking what I've made her!

Wulf

THIS ROCKS   Logged

thatbluesea
« Reply #146 on: July 02, 2010 05:13:14 PM »

AHH! I am supremely miffed that is does not fit Sad   But i'm glad it isn't un-fixably small. And Its funny about the buttons because I did consider this when putting the buttons on and obviously got it wrong. And I can't believe I got the whole "WAIST" pocket thing completely wrong, its inherent in the name even. Well, all excellent learning opportunities. Thanks for being my guinea pig Wulf! And I do hope you can wear and enjoy it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Woot Woot!
Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

« Reply #147 on: July 02, 2010 06:56:34 PM »

Oh wow, I love it and it suits you so well Wulf!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #148 on: July 02, 2010 07:29:49 PM »

This is great. It looks so professionally unprofessional (in a good way thatbluesea).  I love this vest, and Wulf, you look awesome. Nice to see the entire face without the hat.

Wearing unbuttoned is more stylish now, so you will be very dapper.

I think we are converting lots of folks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: July 02, 2010 08:17:09 PM »

Nice to see the entire face without the hat.

You're right - most of my other photos are outdoors, and I'm always wearing that ratty ol' hat! Thanks for the compliment - I think the waistcoat suits me too. Smiley

And I like "professionally unprofessional" - that exactly describes the quality of thatbluesea's work. It looks like it just happened accidentally, but if you look closely you can see how carefully it's all been done!

I just think the button-side thing is funny. I'm not surprised you considered it carefully and still got it backwards -- that's exactly what I would have done! I think it's one of those situations where the more you think about it the less likely you are to get it right! (Sewing in sleeve gussets is another one for me, but don't get me started...) Tongue

But I'm really not going to have to let it out, so I'll keep the extra fabric pieces you kindly sent for other uses or in case I put on weight.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Macros - Shake 4.1
How to Use Pro Keying Method - Motion 3
How to Use Advanced Keying Using Two Keys - Shake 4.1
How to Motion Blur - Motion 3
How to Work the Lights - Motion 3 Part 1
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...