A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,968
Currently Running With Scissors:
320 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: * (Mini) Nerd Swap Gallery of Amazingness *  (Read 7137 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

angelofmusic

Cinderella's Castle: from the Rose Garden

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010 02:36:30 PM »

Hey. I received my Alchamy513 earlier this week, but haven't been able to post photos because my camera cord has gone MIA once again. I'll be able to use my mother's to download photos tonight, so I'll update my post and add photos tonight. Smiley

Here's what I received:
a cute black cuttlefish phone cozy pouch
a Big Bang Theory decoupaged tin
a crocheted Biology charm bracelet

I LOVE them all so much! I'll brag more about them once photos are posted.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Frogs have it easy...they can eat what bugs them!
lindsay614
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010 09:05:26 AM »

Hello! I received from tracethekat, and opening my package was so much fun! I squealed with delight...

1) A picture frame decked out with common grammatical errors (I'm an editor for my full-time job, so this fits me perfectly!)

2) A cute amigurumi coffee cup from my Wist! This is going in a prominent place in my new craft room--sooo cute! I'm a total nerd over inanimate objects with cute faces... I just want them all.  Cheesy

3) And finally, my very own rose, inspired by the reality TV show, The Bachelor! This is so creative, and perfect for me, because I am a total nerd over this show and blog about every episode! (http://twitter.com/BachelorNews if you think I'm joking... I'm literally obsessed.)

Ahhh, thank you so much tracethekat! You were a wonderful swap trio partner! I can't pick a favorite, because I love them all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swaps... Would love to trade sewn stuff for some cool hand-carved stamps.
Blog | Wist | Etsy | Twitter
thingsivemade
Trying to sew the fabric of the universe with invisible thread is tricky.

A wielder of karma and scissors

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2010 09:37:23 AM »

Awwh wow, there's so many cool things in this gallery! I honestly couldn't say what is my favourite thing, they're all so awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You can have whirlpools in the fabric of existence, because it is a very strange fabric." - Terry Pratchett (Equal Rites)
izkapts
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010 09:47:42 AM »

Oh, tracethecat has really sent a cute package.

I was instinctively looking for grammatical errors on the text next to the rose... I apologize.  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And nothing beats a pussy cat who is wearing knee length boots!
angelofmusic

Cinderella's Castle: from the Rose Garden

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2010 01:25:11 PM »

Hey. I received my Alchamy513 earlier this week, but haven't been able to post photos because my camera cord has gone MIA once again. I finally got ahold of my mom's so here's my swap box!

Here's what I received:

a cute black cuttlefish phone cozy pouch - perfect for my cell phone! (The opening is in the middle of the tentacles where it's mouth is...my "little brother" of no relation who is 16 keeps "feeding" my phone to the cuttlefish.) I've gotten a ton of compliments and a few weird looks, and a teenager at church who wants to steal it because he likes it so much. I LOVE LOVE LOVE cuttlefish so it's wonderful. My zoology kids think it's fantastic and they all want one too! (Sorry it's hard to see, but it's black so I had some trouble photographing it!)

a Big Bang Theory decoupaged tin - only my most favorite TV show. My friends and family call me Sheldon, and I make my students do the Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock to decide on stuff in the classroom. Perfect to carry my memory cards and batteries for my camera in my purse!

a crocheted Biology charm bracelet - I love it love it love it! Wear it all the time! The charms have different biology stuff including Bill Nye (amazing!), goggles, lab coat, beaker, period table of the elements, all sorts of different plushie microbes, A CUTTLEFISH!!!, a DNA double helix. My zoology kids are also jealous of this!

I LOVE them all so much! Thanks Alchamy513! You are a fantastic swap partner and really nailed my nerdiness!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010 01:30:01 PM by angelofmusic » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Frogs have it easy...they can eat what bugs them!
izkapts
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010 01:49:05 PM »

The Alchamy513 creations look very cute, especially the cuddly looking cuttlefish! Smiley

Offtopic, but I had to put this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-DusaSVHmM.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And nothing beats a pussy cat who is wearing knee length boots!
trampycouture
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2010 03:32:16 PM »

I LOVE that grammar picture frame!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tracethekat
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2010 03:47:24 PM »

I'm so glad you liked everything! I cannot stand people who use the wrong "your" so I feel your pain.  Roll Eyes

THIS ROCKS   Logged

tracethekat
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2010 03:48:28 PM »

I totally want that bio bracelet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alchamy513
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Watson's Warriors

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010 04:49:41 PM »

I'm so glad you liked everything angelofmusic! The shrinky dinks on the bracelet were the first ones I made by myself (haha, I always burn myself when I use the oven... ahem, I did this time too) and I was so anxious when I made them! I thought they were going to get all stuck together, but they came out pretty good. Oh, and I've already made another cuttlefish, so much fun! I can't wait to see more packages!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I believe in Sherlock Holmes! : Avengers Assemble!
My Pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chicken Curry Ingredients
Preparing the Chicken for the Chicken Curry
Browning and Adding Spices to Chopped Onions
Cooking With Sonny With a Chance Star Tiffany Thornton
How to Make Tofu with Minh Tsai
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...