A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,681
Currently Running With Scissors:
427 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: * (Mini) Nerd Swap Gallery of Amazingness *  (Read 7133 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

izkapts
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2010 04:02:08 PM »

Oh. I was wrong... Now my boyfriend has claimed that his bookmark since we had only one that we were fighting for.

Hehe, paws could be slightly shocking (fury hands could be even a bit more creepy) as a commercial trick but in a way it could be cute as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And nothing beats a pussy cat who is wearing knee length boots!
trampycouture
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2010 09:09:28 PM »

Okay, get ready for the amazingness... when_im64 and I were both book/grammar nerds. We were paired perfectly. She really spoiled me.

First, here's a painting inspired by one of my favorite Bret Easton Ellis books, American Psycho.

How awesome is that?

Next is a totally cool "fake book" that is actually a drawer. I have some of these in my classroom (I teach 9th grade English), and my students are amazed by them. It is modeled after A History of Hogwarts, required reading for the kids in the HP novels.

Something else my students will love is this sign I plan on hanging near the board I do D.O.L. on (daily oral language). It highlights the importance of grammar!!

Speaking of grammar, she included this quirky book about grammar and an adorable bookmark (one can never have too many of those!)

And lastly, this really pretty necklace representing the job of a teacher!

Thank you so much, when_im64! You are AWESOME!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

trampycouture
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2010 09:12:57 PM »

By the way, whenim_64, of course you can show off our stuff on facebook!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

achgfd
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2010 09:36:48 PM »

omg thats all so awesome! I love the book drawer and the American Psycho! The penguins are adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jessii
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2010 09:56:05 PM »

I love the cross stitch!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
achgfd
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2010 10:06:22 PM »

I received my package from Gina at the Disco! YAY!
I must say it was AMAZING! My husband said it was the smallest package he had ever seen.
First Here is the packaging. The box is very pretty. A nice little gift box. Definitely will be putting this in with my crafts.

Inside was a note that said, "Thanks for Swapping! Enjoy!"
and on the back it explains the items:
1. Sonic playing the baritone possibly for display in your home!
 (I had said that we were moving and wanted some neat things to show off in our new space. He fits perfectly!)
2. Pokeball necklace inspired by your wist
3. His and hers sega controller magnets to post all of your wow cheats and tricks.

First two sega genesis controller magnets! These went immediately onto the fridge.

Next I opened up my new necklace! Its a pokeball! SWEET! I'm totally wearing this to work... and everyday for the rest of my life. ^_^

Last but not least, my favorite is Sonic the Hedgehog playing a baritone!
I loved the classic sonic games, and I played Baritone in my middle school, high school, and college bands. The detail is amazing. What great pipe work!

Sadly... he fell apart in the box. Cry I cried a little. Is there any way to fix him? He's made of clay. Would Elmer's glue, wood glue, or hot glue be best?

I love it all! ^_^
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010 10:15:59 PM by achgfd » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2010 07:22:17 AM »

Grin  Ok, sign me up, I must be a nerd, b/c I LOVED this package!  Everything in it!  I am a preschool teacher, and after a horrible week at work, I ESPECIALLY loved the "Let's Eat Children!" embroidery!  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

when_im_sixty4
Perpetually awkward

Craft Big, Dream Bigger!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2010 08:55:01 AM »

I'm so glad you like everything, trampycouture!! I was really nervous about the American Psycho peice because I'm not really a painter- but if you're happy with it that is whats important!

I really have to stop promising to post photos by a certain time. Every time I do that, something happens. My great grandmother has been in ill health for the last year or so (she's 98 and been through it all) and she was taken back to the hospital yesterday where they found some swelling and light bleeding in her brain.  Sad The doctors seem positive, though, and told us it was common in the elderly when the blood vessels become brittle. I guess the upside is whatever meds they had in her IV had her in a really good mood!!  Cheesy So, my apologies for not posting the promised photos.

I have my package and my camera with me at work today, so I will try to have photos posted before the end of my day. Hey, what better place to take pictures of a book nerd's items than in a library? And did I mention I'm in love with what she sent me?

EDIT:

Hurray for lunchtime! Okay- I haven't posted photos here in a while... Let's see if I get this right!

I was so excited to find my package waiting for me on Thursday! I opened the box and found little tissue wrapped packets of awesome!

First- punctuation earrings!

A pair of elastic beaded bookmarks. I love the colors, they're so pretty!

Sorry about the blurriness.  Sad My poor old camera takes crummy pictures.

Here's a better shot- Action Shot!

The absolutely fabulous Shakespeare pendant. I'm wearing it right now!

I was adjusting the necklace to take a photo, and my chain broke! Oh, no! So I decided to go totally handmade and braided some yarn I found in the supply closet- and it matches the glitter in the pendant! It was meant to be...  Grin

And my absolute favorite: a zippered pouch with an embroidered owl!

This adorable little guy resembles the tattoo I have on my ankle- and owl sitting on books with a banner that reads "Live to Read, Read to Live". When I unwrapped him, I squealed loud enough to frighten the cats. He's awesome!

Looks like we need to budget for some new staff desks, eh?  Wink

Again- my camera does not do trampycouture's work justice. Thank you so much! I'd hug you if I could reach you!

« Last Edit: April 24, 2010 11:54:00 AM by when_im_sixty4 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"[crafting] fills my days,
not to mention the living room, bedroom, and closets."
Gina At the Disco
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2010 12:22:27 PM »

achgfd- i'm glad you enjoyed your goodies =]
Poor sonic! So sorry he didn't make the ride...i thought i gave him enough padding but i guess not. Elmer's or super glue works best. I hope you can mend him! I'll post pictures of the Fab Four whenever my dad gives me my camera back(hopefully soon).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

listen to the music playing in your head
achgfd
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2010 12:41:41 PM »

wow! I love that pendant! Shakespeare never looked so good. Tongue

@Gina at the Disco- I will try elmer's!

OMG I just found this and had to share:

« Last Edit: April 24, 2010 12:46:26 PM by achgfd » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Stylist To Stars Shares Hair Extension Secrets
Woman Spent $25,000 On Weave
3 Ways to Get Massive Hair Volume
An Effective Dandruff Shampoo
How To Rock The Fishtail Braid Hairstyle
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...