A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,740
Currently Running With Scissors:
609 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magic Yarn Ball Swap Round 13 Gallery  (Read 13035 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

glambastard
« Reply #120 on: May 22, 2010 09:59:00 AM »

So much awesomeness in one gallery!!!  MYBs are always just so fun and amazing!

I worked up the pattern that glambastard sent me last weekend:

I LOVE it.  You can't really tell in this picture, but the purse is huge and I love big bags.  I plan on lining it and adding a handle using black and white polka dot fabric, but with my wedding in one week and moving not too far after that I'm afraid that finishing the last bits of the purse probably won't happen too soon.  I WILL finish it though, it is far too cute not to.  Thanks glambastard for the awesome yarn and awesome pattern!!!  I am definitely planning on making the robot you sent me too, but again time is a little constrained right now......

yay! so cute! I gotta find time to make those arm warmers you sent me! Its hard to get in the mood for that when its 90+ degrees out already, so I may be putting it off for a few months  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps, I currently need art (paintings or something to hang on a wall) but I'd be up for anything.
zkatom
« Reply #121 on: May 22, 2010 08:24:38 PM »

yay! so cute! I gotta find time to make those arm warmers you sent me! Its hard to get in the mood for that when its 90+ degrees out already, so I may be putting it off for a few months  Tongue

Hahahaha, totally understand about the arm warmers!  It was cold here until about 2 days ago, so the heat hasn't been that much of a problem in Michigan....grumble, grumble..... 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bexieboo
« Reply #122 on: May 23, 2010 03:07:15 PM »

The purse looks great Zkatom! And congratulations for your wedding!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tar3820
Geek gone knitty

Drive from ocean to ocean. Then you'll understand.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: May 23, 2010 03:39:10 PM »

Alright folks. I know we still got some packages out there, but let's see if we can wrap up what we can this week. I've done another round of feedback, please let me know if I screwed up again.

Looks like we might have need of an angel.. we'll have to wait and see, though. I'll keep you all updated as soon as I find out more.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just your average knitting whore.
Think Crafty Thoughts
jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #124 on: May 23, 2010 06:30:18 PM »

I'm totally down for being an angel, as long as they are not allergic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
karizmatic
« Reply #125 on: May 23, 2010 06:34:58 PM »

i can be an angel, too! (it was fun crafting for a stranger!)

i'm super allergic to everything, too, if that helps (i'm allergic to and don't keep pets, shellfish, plants-mold-, eggplant or strawberries around the house and i run a vornado - but i DO eat almonds, pecans and walnuts regularly)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.karizmatic.com
nerd. serial hobbyist. militant friendly.
bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #126 on: May 23, 2010 11:29:32 PM »

Aww, sucks that we might need an angel.
My partner said she recieved just before the weekend but shes gone to see her Mum and Dad so I have to wait until she gets back to find out if she likes everything. Urgh  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
Foxy Sam
« Reply #127 on: May 24, 2010 12:11:20 AM »

So here are some photos of the MYB and contents I sent to tcha345the theme off tcha345's list I chose was 'Asian Theme'

I didn't take photos of the patterns, oops, but they were from etsy and off tcha345's wist list, both dragons, one baby dragon and one asian dragon

the whole MYB I sent to tcha345..

The wool I sent to tcha345...I thought the sparkles would make a beautiful dragon, with either dragon pattern...I had already started to wrap the ball before remembering to take a photo of the wool too so only took photo of some of it...but shows the beautiful sparkles...the fluffy wool was for the asian dragon pattern, as it asked for it...

Two asian dolls I made (from tcha345's wist) for the asian theme

the dolls from the back

The bought things I put into MYB, Ninja styled russian doll set, fake sushi and chopsticks, sushi shaped erasers, one asian doll keyring, one asian doll phone decoration, special dragon/ying n yang pen, asian fan, treasure box filled with beads and punched out cardboard shapes, and a special trinket necklace from NZ of a taniwha (Maori dragon to go with dragon pen, stuffie and patterns)

Little Asian Dragon I made from front

from one side

and the other

Funny finger puppets I made for asian themed MYB, one farmer, one ninja, one lady and one sumo wrestler...they made me lol...

I also put in some mini envelopes and lollies in the wrapping phase...to give sustenance and explanation as the unwrapping occured (o=

THIS ROCKS   Logged

HP Craftalong!
http://pinterest.com/foxysam/
You can check out some of my crochet projects on ravelry if you like:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/FoxySam
Am interested in personal swaps...pm me
I now have a blog please feel free to visit and see my creations:
http://samscraftycreations.blogsp
tar3820
Geek gone knitty

Drive from ocean to ocean. Then you'll understand.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: May 24, 2010 02:00:14 AM »

Wow.. that package was amazing! I love the dragon you made!! I'm sure tcha345 loved it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just your average knitting whore.
Think Crafty Thoughts
bexieboo
« Reply #129 on: May 24, 2010 01:45:27 PM »

Aww, sucks that we might need an angel.
My partner said she recieved just before the weekend but shes gone to see her Mum and Dad so I have to wait until she gets back to find out if she likes everything. Urgh  Tongue

Sorry to keep you in suspense! I just picked up the package from the PO today and pretty much ran home with it!

Bubblegum_phoenix went with my burlesque theme, and sent me a fantastic package.

My yarn ball! It was just a little smaller than a bowling ball. There's a cute green button marking the end of the yarn.

Some loot! (I took pictures of the unwrapping, but trust me, they were several in number, and you don't wanna deal with that loading time lol) Two button combs, some little jewellery charms, and two lovely pairs of earrings. They're sitting on a T-shirt that reads "Love"....unless you're looking in the mirror, then it says "Hate". You did a great job on this Bubblegum, it came out great!

A lovely ruffly scarf, some coasters and two sequinned combs.

Lipbalm and lipgloss in a fab colour, lemongrass soap, cocoa butter lotion (I loooove cocoa butter!), Tim Tams, which are like British Penguins, and a lovely crochet sleep mask with eyes!

A notebook, pasties (with all the sequins sewn on by hand! I am in awe of you!), false nails with lacy tips (very cute!) and circular needles.

The yarn and the pattern. It's pure wool and it smells like sheep! Cheesy (I don't see many sheep living in the middle of London lol) I love the pattern, I told Bubblegum that I like bags with a fat bottom and she chose a fantastic pattern for me.

My favourite bits...

A necklace with a tiny corset pendant. How adorable is this?!

A NARWHAL! As soon as I realised what this was, I freaked lol. I am completely in love with him, but I haven't thought of a name for him yet. Any suggestions?

I also got a NZ postcard and a kiwi pen, but I didn't get pictures for them for some reason...
Thank you so much Bubblegum_phoenix! I think this has been my favourite ever swap, and I can't wait for the next round!

« Last Edit: May 24, 2010 01:55:20 PM by bexieboo » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Missing Max Book Trailer
The Deep Kiss of Winter Book Trailer
Lisa Genova Talks About Still Alice
The Bone Box Book Trailer
Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman Talks About Long Way Down
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...