A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,759
Currently Running With Scissors:
631 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Poetry Swap Gallery  (Read 3098 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mellifluous
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2010 10:23:51 AM »

Thank you very much.  I have a huge stack of recycled bookmarks at home since ours always seem to go missing and my son and I read constantly.  It's a good way to recycle when our town doesn't have a recycling program.

It really is. Our town used to have a recycle program but they dropped it a few years ago.I like the colors in the bookmarks and the unusual shape. Bookmarks always come in handy.

And thanks for the link to the crocheted sun and clouds. I think I'll try my hand at making those, they're so cute.

All the packages so far have been amazing.

I agree.  Smiley
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010 04:40:38 PM by Mellifluous » THIS ROCKS   Logged
StrwbryMlkmmmmmm

saltthirstyslug

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2010 06:25:28 PM »

hmm...my name on page 1 still says i haven't sent, and it was already sent and received...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3conan o'brien

In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Dragonflower
Ecraftic

YAY!

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2010 08:04:34 AM »

hmm...my name on page 1 still says i haven't sent, and it was already sent and received...

Oops, sorry Strwbry- I'm updating everyone now. Smiley I did receive a wonderful package from StrwbryMlkmmmmmm ya'll, and I'll post pictures tonight. This was a hectic weekend for me!

And Liralen and Mellifluous, I can't believe that recycling isn't available where you both live- that stinks! I complain because there are a lot of things that can't be recycled through our program (like plastic other than #1 or #2), but I guess I'm lucky to have what is available!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the end, only kindness matters.
Liralen

"What a crazy random happenstance."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2010 10:53:43 AM »

And Liralen and Mellifluous, I can't believe that recycling isn't available where you both live- that stinks! I complain because there are a lot of things that can't be recycled through our program (like plastic other than #1 or #2), but I guess I'm lucky to have what is available!

They used to have one in my hometown, but it didn't last very long.  There is still a 'recycling center' both in my town and hometown (ten miles away) but they are mostly for cans.  In my hometown, they have some building in the back somewhere where people can bring newspaper and cardboard and such.  But now they charge $2 for it and I'm never sure where I'm supposed to go. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Follow your inner moonlight, don't hide the madness."  -- Allen Ginsberg

http://musedcreations.blogspot.com
Mellifluous
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2010 08:11:41 PM »

They used to have one in my hometown, but it didn't last very long.  There is still a 'recycling center' both in my town and hometown (ten miles away) but they are mostly for cans.  In my hometown, they have some building in the back somewhere where people can bring newspaper and cardboard and such.  But now they charge $2 for it and I'm never sure where I'm supposed to go.

That's what happened here too. They had one for a short time but the city decided it was too expensive. They have a recycling center that takes plastic too, and it's not far from my house, which is good. It's just the gathering and transporting that's a pain.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dragonflower
Ecraftic

YAY!

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2010 09:47:15 PM »

I received a beautiful and thoughful package from StrwbryMlkmmmmmm on Friday, but am just now getting around to posting pics. (Sorry, SMMmmm! Smiley )
Here's all my goodies together:

And the shadowbox, with an excerpt from Mary Oliver's The Faun:

She made me three pretty notebooks, with these wonderful images:

Please, click on the thumbs- the images she used are so gorgeous and pair perfectly with the poems!

This book mark was inside that last one:
She and I both love She Walks in Beauty by Byron, and she made me this lovely tote:

And last, my favorite item- this coaster set with images and lines from My Heart Soars by Chief Dan George:
The beautiful pictures are on the front:

And words on the back:
The only problem is that the coasters are too beautiful to use! I already threatened my guy with bodily harm for even thinking about putting a glass on one!
She was also kind enough to send me some extra copies of the lovely pictures that I have crafty plans for.
Thanks so much, StrwbryMlkmmmmmm, I absolutely love it all!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010 07:15:06 AM by Dragonflywer » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Liralen

"What a crazy random happenstance."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2010 05:47:49 AM »

Everything is gorgeous!  I love those coasters.  I think I would have a fit using them as well.  I love the journals!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Follow your inner moonlight, don't hide the madness."  -- Allen Ginsberg

http://musedcreations.blogspot.com
Mellifluous
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2010 05:33:15 AM »

What a great package StrwbryMlkmmmmmm. You did an excellent job crafting for the selected poems. The shadow box with the fawn is beautiful. I love the images and poems on the notebooks and coasters. Where did you get them? And the design on the tote is cool. I've always liked that poem too.

You got spoiled good Dragon.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PureOath
Raconteur Extraordinare

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2010 08:25:19 AM »

Love those notebooks and coasters! I might have to make a set of poetry themed coasters myself!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am looking to do a personal swap with (or will outright pay for) a knitter who could make an adult sized knitted t-rex sweater for Christmas. If anyone is interested, please let me know.
Dragonflower
Ecraftic

YAY!

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2010 08:27:14 AM »

You got spoiled good Dragon.  Smiley

I really, really did. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Invisible Chinese Artist: Find Him in the Background
The Huffington Post Gatz Interview
Gatz Interview
How Permanence Shapes Creative Career Choices
Finding Joy in Affecting How Others See the World
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...