A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,381
Currently Running With Scissors:
622 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Poetry Swap Gallery  (Read 3066 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gigglygirl

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gigglygirl/

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010 12:16:34 PM »

I received a lovely and clever craft package from Liralen featuring a bunch of crafts I don't do myself--which is just great fun.

I'll show you my favorites first:

a lovely single-strand beaded necklace. The beads are all shades of blue just like shimmery little raindrops. One of my poems was-There will come soft rains by Sara Teasdale. I love this necklace.

If you have better photos Liralen, please post!

Next she sent me a poetry journal that I'm pretty confident she bound herself. The poem on the front is by Langston Hughes. I also love this!

I sent Liralen a few refrigerator magnet poems I had scratched together about my vibrant, sassy 2-year-old daughter Ella and my congenial, sweet 9-month-old son Noah. She knitted me some stuffies to represent each.

The sun is for sweet little Noah and the clouds are for my "stormy beauty" Ella. Cute, huh?!

There's more to come in a second post ..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gigglygirl

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gigglygirl/

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010 12:28:50 PM »

In some of our PMs we discussed our love of vintage, recycled crafts.  Liralen made me some clever little recycled bookmarks, two shimmery little swallow magnets and this great little piece of artwork.

My daughter Ella really loved this swap package. Here's an action/tantrum shot when I told her she couldn't have everything because this was for mommy. Smiley

Finally, I mentioned to Liralen that I keep a shelf of crafty fun next to my nightstand. My husband's a bit of a muted minimalist, which collides with my messy, creative, colorful state of mind. To keep the peace, I keep all my little bits that I make, receive and find at thrift stores here. I've added the sun, the swallows and the little artwork to my collection. I might let my daughter play with the clouds for a bit.

Thank you for the thoughtful package. This is my last substantial swap for the summer and it's nice to go out feeling happy.

(This was my original memory board for Pureoath. I decoupaged pages from old books onto cardboard. I turned out cool but I was worried it was a bit too lumpy so I decided to redo with fabric.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dragonflower
Ecraftic

YAY!

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010 02:54:10 PM »

Okay, I am madly in love with the swallow magnets! Too pretty- and recycling makes them even better! The little picture is cute too, are they both made with candy wrappers, Liralen?

The necklace is pretty and is definitely reminiscent of raindrops, and I love the journal. The stuffies are really neat, and look great added to your shelf o'craftiness. And I don't know about you, gigglygirl, but I can never have too many bookmarks- mine appear to grow legs and vagabond mindsets after spending time in my books!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010 07:55:46 AM by Dragonflywer » THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the end, only kindness matters.
PureOath
Raconteur Extraordinare

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2010 02:57:58 PM »

Those magnets are definitely adorable Liralen!  

Wow. You made the memory board twice for me Giggly Girl? No wonder I felt so well-crafted for!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010 02:58:47 PM by PureOath » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am looking to do a personal swap with (or will outright pay for) a knitter who could make an adult sized knitted t-rex sweater for Christmas. If anyone is interested, please let me know.
Dragonflower
Ecraftic

YAY!

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2010 03:12:02 PM »

I've updated feedback for the round robin swappers. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StrwbryMlkmmmmmm

saltthirstyslug

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2010 03:57:23 PM »

oh, awesome stuff so far!  Cheesy

and those magnets are really neat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3conan o'brien

In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Liralen

"What a crazy random happenstance."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010 05:51:16 AM »

I'm so glad you like everything, Gigglygirl!  I had a lot of fun making everything for you.  Yup, I bound the book.  I think I do more of that than the person who taught me now. Smiley

And yes, the magnets and pictures are made with candy wrappers.  They are just too pretty and shiny to throw out so I have a stash at work.  My boss has a candy dish.  The wrappers are glued onto old FedEx envelopes, and then for the magnets it was glued onto freebie magnets that are handed out everywhere.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Follow your inner moonlight, don't hide the madness."  -- Allen Ginsberg

http://musedcreations.blogspot.com
Dragonflower
Ecraftic

YAY!

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2010 08:23:09 AM »

And yes, the magnets and pictures are made with candy wrappers.  They are just too pretty and shiny to throw out so I have a stash at work.  My boss has a candy dish.  The wrappers are glued onto old FedEx envelopes, and then for the magnets it was glued onto freebie magnets that are handed out everywhere.

That is some seriously awesome recycle-y goodness!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mellifluous
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2010 04:36:15 PM »

That's some great crafting Liralen. Those bird bookmarks are a great idea for recycling, so colorful and pretty. I also like the crocheted sun and cloud. I had the notion to do something with crochet but I didn't have time to experiment. I know you had to have made those patterns yourself. The hand bound journal is amazing! I've always loved that Langston Hughes poem.

And gigglygirl, your swap self is a great idea as well. I'm going to consider getting something like that for my place Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Liralen

"What a crazy random happenstance."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2010 06:02:20 AM »

Thank you very much.  I have a huge stack of recycled bookmarks at home since ours always seem to go missing and my son and I read constantly.  It's a good way to recycle when our town doesn't have a recycling program.

Actually, the sun and clouds came from this site: http://imaginarywardrobe.blogspot.com/2008/09/amigurumi-sun.html  I was searching for inspiration and found patterns. Smiley

All the packages so far have been amazing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Follow your inner moonlight, don't hide the madness."  -- Allen Ginsberg

http://musedcreations.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Pom-Poms
How to Arrange Flowers Like a Pro
How to Make a Beatbox Puppet
How to Make Silly Putty
How to Make a Rainstick
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...