A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
728 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yarnies Vs Sewists Gallery  (Read 21283 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

annachronism

will sew for tattoos

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #100 on: May 11, 2010 03:04:42 AM »

missdolly is too kind  Cheesy her sewist skills easily better my yarnie ones- here are the pictures i've been waiting to post for far too long!

first off, y'all are going to have to forgive my crumpled bedsheets- i'm a student, we don't live in very pristine conditions  Cheesy

here is all the glorious loot- missdolly went completely above and beyond, i thought we were only swapping one small and one medium, missy  Grin

crafted and non-crafted extras first- a pair of socks with sweet little strawberries on them (you'll see their matching pair in just a second  Cheesy) a mirror with suction pads on the back which totally appeals to my goth-loli side, and some heart-shaped magnets and cherry airfreshner which satisfy my rockabilly-ness  Smiley plus some sweets, because sweets are always good!

SOCK MONKEYS!!
well, one appears to be a monkey Cheesy the other is extremely fluffy and has tiny paws instead of spindly arms, and a long thick tail (which hasn't made it into the photo). everyone in my house absolutely loves these guys and i've been commanded to give them all a crash course in hand sewing so they can make some  Cheesy my mum, who's seen the strawberry monkey (i couldn't resist making him my travelling partner on a weekend home  Tongue) is also smitten and plans to buy a book and make some for her great-niece and nephew for their birthdays- so i think you're a success, missdolly!

things to keep my crafting tidy, which i am forever in need of! from the top down, a zippered pouch, a bag clip, and a crochet hook roll- the photo is upside down really, but i wanted to show the fabric from this angle because it took me AGES to work out that it's a thimble in the design on the pouch, NOT a dalek (who would be a little out of place amongst the buttons, zips, tape measures, and pretty flowers!)

here's a picture of the crochet hook roll all unrolled, so you can see the seriously stylish fabric- i've never seen fabric like it, it makes me feel like i'm a fashion design student in the 60's or 70's  Cheesy

now, i've had to get my wardrobe and top hat to model my apron  Cheesy i promise i'll get an action shot the next time my housemates and i get the chance to have what we call 50's housewife day and bake loads of cupcakes- or the next time one of my gamer friends needs a birthday cake (last time we made a gingerbread church, defended by gummy bears from the invasion of zombie jelly babies, and we've had a request for an aztec temple, complete with priests and human sacrifices- i should really post the pictures here on craftster!). the fabric's a little hard to see from my rubbish photo, but it's covered in cutlery, and the cutlery's covered in little swirls and flowers  Smiley the black lace makes it just un-girly enough Smiley it's perfect- as is everything else, thank you SO MUCH missdolly- and apologies again for making everyone wait this long for pictures!

edit- oops, forgot the obligatory cat pic! this is my beautiful boy ollie chilling with his new long-tailed friend (who really needs a proper name!)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
irishdaydreamer

Who actually follows the instructions anyway?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2010 05:26:06 AM »

I sent my package yesterday, and it's set to arrive today!
*squeeee*
That's the beauty of living so close to your parter: no waiting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewing my way through school...

My Etsy shop!: http://www.etsy.com/people/aeriat?ref=si_pr
RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2010 05:10:12 PM »

Sent today! Hope Mamaphunk likes what I made! I'll be posting pics of what i received tomorrow Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
Mamaphunk
« Reply #103 on: May 11, 2010 05:53:19 PM »

Sent today! Hope Mamaphunk likes what I made! I'll be posting pics of what i received tomorrow Smiley

I'm sure I'll love it! Can't wait!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I will be out of town June 11-20 with limited computer access. (Be patient with me, I'm on the beach!)
PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: May 11, 2010 06:17:25 PM »

yay for sock animals!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Casey1201
« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2010 06:35:05 PM »

I agree, that monkey is adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in personal swaps!

http://pinterest.com/caseyyoder/
gingerpeachy
Will swap for knitted hexi-puffs (beekeepers quilt) or heart-shaped buttons

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2010 08:13:56 PM »

Love the sock monkeys Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly known as Sinellia.

Check out my new crafty blog! gingery peachy
stafishtaylz
Don't lose your dinosaur.

I have a rock, I have an iron.

« Reply #107 on: May 12, 2010 10:19:47 AM »

OH     MY    GOD.......I JUST RECIEVED........... ..THE..........MOST .........AMAZING SWAP PACKAGE I HAVE EVER EVER EVER GOTTEN!

The colors, patterns, stitching, size, shape, construction....all of it....is beautiful....perfec t even....and suits my tastes to a T.

Luckdragon made me a huge stands on its own tote to take all my knitting supplies with me to my knitting group. It has interior pockets for my needles, and a snap in pouch for my notions. This thing is awesome, and perfect for taking bigger projects along in. I sure do wish I had this when I was making my sweater....

AND as a bonus, she made a smaller drawstring pouch (in fabric from my wist!!!), for other projects! This is going to be my sock bag. It also has a interior snap in pouch!

I only wish I had recieved this yesterday, since now I have an entire week before my Tuesday night knitting group!!! The other women are going to be SO jealous, as I am always telling them about my swaps, and they were very interested to hear that the socks and hat were going to Texas!

Luckdragon-Thank you SO much! Words cannot even come close to expressing how much I LOVE these items! They will be very well loved.... I can't tell you how many times I have tried to make a drawstring tote in that same design, and wasted so much fabric doing it! I would love it if you could share with me your contruction tips, or do a tute on it....they would make great Christmas gifts for some of the women in my knitting group!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
luckdragon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

« Reply #108 on: May 12, 2010 10:28:12 AM »

Whew! I'm so glad you like them!  The small tote was pretty straightforward - I could definitely do a quick tut for that Smiley - the large bag was a bit of a handful, but I was pleased with how it finally turned out.

Thanks for swapping with me!  The hat and socks will be well loved in texas Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
stafishtaylz
Don't lose your dinosaur.

I have a rock, I have an iron.

« Reply #109 on: May 12, 2010 10:32:05 AM »

Well they are both pretty amazing! I bow to your crafty talents!

Any kind of tute/or guidelines would be awesome! I usually have no problem constructing bags without a pattern....this one is just giving me major hangups!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set Program Mode (P)
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set Manual Mode (M)
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set Manual Focus Function
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set ISO Function
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set Format Function
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...