A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 299,157
Currently Running With Scissors:
483 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DSLR Camera Bag  (Read 7018 times)
Tags for this thread: camera_case  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sin esperanza
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010 07:03:23 PM »

I probably won't make another one anytime soon and just text might be hard. The basics are that I used the zippered messenger bag tutorial from the giant list of tutorials. Then I adjusted the dimensions based on the size of my camera and lenses. I used a closed cell foam pad for the padding (a generic "camping pad" from Walmart). I hope that helps a little. If I ever make another one I'll be sure to take pictures and notes as I go.

That does help!  You did an awesome job.
*off to work out my measurements*
x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I hate handing over money for what I could just as easily do myself, it makes me nervous.  ~Sylvia Plath

My STS 33

Altered Fairy Tales Swap
vianny
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010 05:54:35 PM »

Hey! I think it is awsome. It could be great getting a tutorial.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Retro_Rose

I shoot people for a living. ;o)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010 11:52:17 PM »

Looooooooooove!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AshtonagoL
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2010 01:00:39 PM »

Very nice!  Finding a camera bag that holds everything nicely is hard.  How cool to make one that does just what you need it to!  And I love the zipper!  My bag just has a buckle and I'm so nervous about trusting it! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PoodlyBooty
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2010 02:13:04 PM »

Wow, girl, I bet that was a bear to make, but you made it just perfectly!  Love the fabric choices and I bet you get a ton of compliments on it when you carry it!  Wow!

I've made some laptop bags and made one with extra padding, and oh my, that was not fun to put together and sew!  So, I hear ya!  But, you've inspired me, I think I'll have to try making a camera bag now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fluffybutt
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2010 09:06:31 PM »

Where did you get the outside fabric!? I love it..

And I love the bag!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bajmie
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2010 10:56:49 PM »

Love the bag, looks professionally made but with your own touch to it with this fabric!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.kloske.nl: my love for bags
http://www.creaBH.nl: the joy of making your own lingerie
http://creabh.blogspot.com: my blog
wolffepsyche
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2010 08:22:48 AM »

Where did you get the outside fabric!? I love it..

And I love the bag!

I got it at my favorite local quilters fabric store, but I've seen it on Etsy too. I think it's a Robert Kaufman, but I'm not sure.

And thanks!

We actually just got back from a 4 day cruise and the bag worked beautifully. It's a bit big for casual shoots though, so I plan to make one that's just big enough for the camera body and my most used lens. I may do a tutorial then, we'll see. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010 08:24:34 AM by wolffepsyche » THIS ROCKS   Logged
CurvesMayBeIcy
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2010 02:10:17 PM »

LoL I have been trying for the past 3 weeks to make up some type of DSLR bag.... I have my DSLR - Olympus Evolt 510 & 2 lenses, along with all the batteries, cards, etc etc..... AND I have a camcorder as well.  I don't use it with my photography, but right now I have 2 small black bags with separate cameras in, and I want to combine them into 1 bag.  I also want a cool "chick" bag.  I ALSO want to create a small bag I can stick my other lens in along with extra batteries and cards for when I'm walking around because I don't want to carry the big one all throughout the shoot.  I have a big wedding this coming weekend.... so trying to get it all together!!!  LoL I actually attempted one last weekend with cardboard.  Which would have been perfect, except you can't sew in all the corners once you get started on the cardboard..... *groan*!  So I'm going to look into these messenger bags short like lunch bags........... lol.  Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spicytaco
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Lalala...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2010 02:54:20 PM »

Awesome. When I was shopping for my camera bag I was totally bummed that there was nothing cool and/or pretty and/or funky. I mean, they have bright coloured cases for compact cameras, why not for SLRs? I ended up with a really nice boring black one. It was a gift too, so I didn't have to pay for it.

Okay, the point to the rant is that I think yours is awesome. Way to be creative.

I'm thinking about trying to make a smaller one that just holds the camera but none of the other junk. They sell yoga mats at the dollar store now and I'm thinking that might work well for padding. (They're crappy dollar store yoga mats that seem to just be that sort of closed cell foam stuff.)

Good work!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*insert witty saying here*

I has Wist.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 13/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 10/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 11/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 14/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 15/29
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...