A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,132
Currently Running With Scissors:
480 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Scottish Woodland Wedding (v pic obese)  (Read 1687 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding_invitation , centerpiece , bridesmaid , gift  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Pippabat
« on: April 11, 2010 07:33:17 AM »

I'm getting married this May in a lovely woodland about an hour north from where I live.  My fiance and I don't have a lot of money so we're doing a lot of things diy.

These are our invitations, unfortunately the little green leaf on the ribbon fell off in the post for most of the invitations.

For centerpieces I engraved a picture of a tree onto the vases and then we spent ages making origami lilies that I'm attaching onto twigs and placing one twig with lillies into each vase.  We have lots of bigger origami lillies that are being placed aroud the tables too.

For the place names my fiance cut lots of little circles of birch, which we then sanded and I wrote the names on with a pen.  Each table will be named after a different tree, so I've added the leaf of that tree to their place name 'card'.  I've only done the top table so far, so they're all oak leafs in the picture!

The bridesmaids are wearing red dresses, but as the wedding colours are aqua and cranberry I thought it would be nice to have aqua flowers, these are all paper flowers made with help from various websites including, http://averychocolatewedding.blogspot.com/ .

I've also made the bridesmaids (there are 4) jewellery each and also one set for the best person who's my fiance's sister.

I made each bridesmaid a guide, which included important telephone numbers, dates, information about the spa weekend (instead of the traditional British hen night) and other useful info.  I saw this idea somewhere on the web, but couldn't find it when I looked again!

This is my jewellery. There are two pairs of earrings here, I think I'm going with the heart ones as they'll match in with the red flowers in my bouquet and my red shoes.

This is a sign that we hope to hang outside of the little folly in the woodland where the ceremony will take place and a felt heart garland I made to wrap around the balcony at the ceremony site.

Next to each place setting we made a wedding wordsearch, which I've attached a small pencil to.

For the mothers presents I made a simple necklace each with a tree pendant and I embroidered a handkerchief for each mum.

For the dads I've etched a picture of a tree (the same as on the invites) on a glass beer mug each and filled with heart shaped chocs.

As an extra gift to the bridesmaids and best person I made these bags, based on Tiny Happys shoulder bag tutorial, and have filled them with things that might be useful the morning before the wedding or later on, including water, cereal bars, mints, blister plasters, paracetemol, cotton balls, hair grips, tissues...  The bags aren't meant to be taken around on the day, it was so I had somewhere to put all the stuff in.  I also made them each a small pouch to put the smaller items in so they won't get lost in the bag.

Hope you like all like the things I've done so far!

I still have some more things to make;

garter
table plan
programs
photo board of when we we're young
table names

C and c welcome!  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Taramor
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010 07:50:12 AM »

It is lovely, absolutely lovely. I would love a wedding like that. I wish you luck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

faycharlotte
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010 09:43:47 PM »

They all look fantastic!
You're getting married in the UK? I hope it doesn't rain! My fiance are in are going indoors just in case - but that is Manchester where it never stops raining! I hope its a lovely day - the woodland sounds like a gorgeous idea.
Your crafts are all amazing! We're considering origami flowers too. Where did you learn how to make them?
xxx
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pippabat
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010 12:22:31 AM »

Taramor - Thank you, I hope it will be lovely!

Faycharlotte - Thank you and yes, we're getting married in Perthshire, we're both Scottish, but live about an hour south of where we're getting married.  But it's such a lovely woodland, especially in May!  When are you getting married?  You never know, it might be sunny! Smiley  My fiance decided we had to have the ceremony inside in case it rained, I wanted it outside in the woods, so we compromised and are now having it inside the folly in the woodland.  I've bought red wellies and a polka dot red umbrella though, just in case!

I learnt how to make the origami lilies from various websites online, they're quite easy really.  I used several different sites, as I didn't find one tutorial quite comprehensive enough!  I can probably make them in my sleep now, made hundreds for decoration around the reception site.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blottedcopybook
Broke it. What can I use it for?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010 01:13:55 AM »

This all sounds lovely, I'd have loved to have been so hands-on with my wedding. Have a beautiful day xx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

faycharlotte
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010 11:03:42 AM »

hehe love the red wellies and umbrella idea!
I have a red umbrella... in fact its a giant ladybird umbrella!... I was thinking to have it on hand too!
I'm getting married in August. It might not rain, you're right, but it does rain A LOT in Manchester.
We're actually going on our honeymoon in Scotland, in the Argyll! Very excited!
Oh, and we're going for a bit of a red colour scheme too! I'm hoping to make jewellery. I'll have a search and possibly give the lilies ago. We're looking for inexpensive decoration ideas!
Thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pippabat
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010 02:24:45 AM »

Thank you Blottedcopybook!

Faycharlotte - I love the idea of the giant ladybird umbrella, I've seen the kids one, but would love a bigger one for myself! Smiley

Here's a site that has good instructions on the origami lilies: http://www.origami-instructions.com/origami-lily.html  We made bigger ones to start with and then started on post-it note size squares for the smaller ones for centerpieces.

Argyll is a lovely place for a honeymoon, I love the west coast of Scotland, shame there aren't too many jobs for us over that way or we'd probably be living there now! Smiley

Put photos up of any wedding crafting you do, it would be great to see your ideas! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hawtmamah
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010 12:27:56 PM »

everything is incredible! great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pippabat
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010 08:03:23 AM »

Thank you Hawtmamah! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Eye Nails Design
Birchbox June 2014 Unboxing: OMG With RJS
Banish Summer Beauty Bummers
Beat the Heat Beauty Buys
5 Beauty Secrets Hiding in Your Kitchen
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...