A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 299,184
Currently Running With Scissors:
573 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dorito Bag Prom Dress (Plus Picture With The Man Who Said I Couldn't Do It!)  (Read 57169 times)
Tags for this thread: prom , prom_dress , doritos , featured_project , craftster_best_of_2010  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Satina
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2010 08:27:18 PM »

so i was scrolling down through your pictures and thinking oh cool a doritos dress and then... i noticed that you were standing at the landing in branson, and had to laugh because i live in branson too, so it was weird to be caught off gaurd like that lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
astrangeone
The Paper Alchemist

Fueled by the scent of rubber shavings....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2010 08:16:10 AM »

As a girl who wore a pantsuit to the prom because she couldn't stand the styles of poofy/tall/busty dresses, I salute you!

God, that looks amazing.

I second the opinion of making your boyfriend a bow tie or a corsage out of Dorito bags.

*ahem, now I'm hungry for Nacho Cheese Doritos*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I handcarve stamps, knit and have organic catnip.

Got shopping?:  http://www.shophandmade.com/Store/Madstamps

Personal Swapping...activated!

Looking for:  ATCs, some dry non-sanded grout mix

Got a 3DS?  I can clear save data from your games!  (Including RE Mercs 3D.)
SedonaWildflower
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2010 08:38:54 PM »

Very creative. I could never pull that off but you look very adorable in that. Can't wait to see the pop tab dress! That should be even more shiny and very noisy...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MagicalGirl
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2010 12:57:11 PM »

Very cool! How did you keep the bags from sticking to your iron, and was it very sweaty to wear? I like it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking for Simplicity 6340 (the 1970's sailor dress). PM me if you've got a copy to swop or sell! Cheesy
Holliehood
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2010 01:12:33 AM »

That is so completely awesome!
and you got on the news? even cooler!

Props to you Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cherrydate
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2010 01:50:35 AM »

That is amazing. What a original and crazy idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MWAH!
ideasushi

sometimes i imagine crazy things

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2010 08:24:40 PM »

awe-mazing! feeling some triangle jewelry to go with it.
good werk!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Delighted
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2010 08:05:15 PM »

So I was looking through Craftster trying to find a link to something to help out a girl with her pop tab prom dress and stumbled across your dress. I was so excited that I went and showed my parents: "LOOK HOW CUTE HER DRESS IS, MOM! IT'S SO AMAZING!" So for five minutes straight I go rambling on about how incredible your dress is. And then I read your post and saw there was a link and it went to my dress!! "MOM! OH MY GOSH! SHE LINKED TO MY DRESS!" And then I went to log on to Craftster to reply to your post, something I hadn't done in a year, and there I found a shiny unopened PM. From you.

I'm so veryvery sorry I never responded to your message! I feel so horrible! I didn't know!  Sad

Despite my awfulness, I have to tell you that I am completely in love with your dress and I'm so glad you made it. (I like it so much more than mine!!!) I am so impressed and in total awe of you! I hope you forgive me for being a loser and not replying to your message like I should have. I hope you had a wonderful prom and congratulations for being such a crafty and incredibly beautiful individual! (And sticking it to the man! Bwhaha!  Wink ) -hugs!-
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DuctTapeRockStar
Maowzers.

Maowzers.

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2010 08:31:11 PM »

So I was looking through Craftster trying to find a link to something to help out a girl with her pop tab prom dress and stumbled across your dress. I was so excited that I went and showed my parents: "LOOK HOW CUTE HER DRESS IS, MOM! IT'S SO AMAZING!" So for five minutes straight I go rambling on about how incredible your dress is. And then I read your post and saw there was a link and it went to my dress!! "MOM! OH MY GOSH! SHE LINKED TO MY DRESS!" And then I went to log on to Craftster to reply to your post, something I hadn't done in a year, and there I found a shiny unopened PM. From you.

I'm so veryvery sorry I never responded to your message! I feel so horrible! I didn't know!  Sad

Despite my awfulness, I have to tell you that I am completely in love with your dress and I'm so glad you made it. (I like it so much more than mine!!!) I am so impressed and in total awe of you! I hope you forgive me for being a loser and not replying to your message like I should have. I hope you had a wonderful prom and congratulations for being such a crafty and incredibly beautiful individual! (And sticking it to the man! Bwhaha!  Wink ) -hugs!-

Heehee, its all good! Thanks for making your dress to give me inspiration for mine! Smiley && Thanks so much for your kindness words Smiley I also sorta-kinda mentioned you in my interview...It was more like "I saw a Skittles dress and thought 'I can do that!'" heehee Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Greatness is more than potential. It is the execution of that potential. Beyond the raw talent. You need the appropriate training. You need the discipline. You need the inspiration. You need the drive."

~ Eric A. Burns
jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2011 04:20:14 PM »

Congrats!!

You're a Craftster Best of 2010 Winner!

Craftster Best of 2010 Winner

Feel free to use this badge as your avatar!
If you'd like to use it as a badge on your personal website or blog, you can grab the full code at the bottom of this page.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Rap Manual: Lesson 2
Rap Manual: Lesson 1
Top 10 Iconic Paintings
Larry Shar on Picking the Right Frame for the Right Picture
Highlight: Artists Are The Thinking Faces of America Today
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...