A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,124
Currently Running With Scissors:
635 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Big Daddy gets a Little Sister - She can't do it without you Mr. B!  (Read 1436 times)
Tags for this thread: bioshock , video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nerdigurumi
« on: April 12, 2010 10:18:05 PM »

Would you kindly lower your weapon for a bit..?  You think that's a child down there? Don't be fooled. She's a Little Sister now. Somebody went and turned a sweet baby girl into a monster.

I wanted to do up a real doozy for a feature in a magazine thing I was asked about and sent in over the weekend, and even though I don't have the pattern up just yet, too excited NOT to share photos.  By popular demand and at the behest of the lonely sad Amigurumi Big Daddy in the corner yearning for his pheremone brainwashed little companion to protect, here is the Little Sister! She's in the style of the LS from Bioshock 2 in terms of clothes and hair, as close to scale as I could muster (though her skirt was too long), and has a real goodness gracious ADAM needle (actually yarn needle) in a detachable gas pump handle thingamajigg or whatever they made those out of.  The pattern will be coming out shortly, but I took terrible notes and probably won't get around to making sense of them and posting the pattern until this weekend, but in the meantime here she is.

I wrestled with whether or not to give her a face, because embroidered eyes would have, I think, made her inevitably too emotive and too cartoony to be as truly vacant and out of it as the LSs are, and in the end I think blank works.  Whether or not to age/bloody/tarnish the dolls was another thing I was sort of back and forth on, because they are, in every sense, filthy, bloody, broken messes, products of a dysfunctional society that has tumbled into chaos, but then these are yarn version, not flesh and metals, but 100% cotton, so perhaps models of filthy bloody broken characters, but not bloody or broken themselves.

Perhaps I am getting too philisophical here and should just make with the pics.

The other morning I caught her harvesting Sackboy... we'll have to keep an eye on these two... clearly.

A little bit more info and higher resolution photos at my blog... I'll be posting the pattern there within the next few days http://nerdigurumi.com/2010/04/bioshock-little-sister-amigurumi.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nerdy Amigurumi Crochet Patterns tons of free ones, videogame guys, anime and other wienerish endeavors.
sweet_communist
the communist daughter

What we need more of is science.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010 06:11:47 AM »

I think the faceless look is just right for the shells of former human beings that are the Little Sisters.  I love Bioshock, and I love your amigurumi interpretation of these characters.  Are you planning to make any others, like Splicers?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010 06:12:27 AM by sweet_communist » THIS ROCKS   Logged
PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010 01:19:35 PM »

Absolutely amazing! They look like the real thing, they just need a creepy, rusted, flooded backdrop and they'll feel right at home. Or maybe a splicer or two to kill.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wizkid
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010 06:11:52 PM »

Very awesome!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the blog: http://katiesredumbrella.blogspot.com/

the etsy: http://katiecanavan.etsy.com

ravelry: serafinapekkala
amigurumilover

Crafting lover!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010 02:07:31 AM »

This is great! I was hoping for a little sister pattern. Started on the big daddy already! So much fun Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Illikaeri
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010 05:40:56 AM »

That is so awesome Cheesy

I wish I could crochet so I could make my own Big Daddy (and one day a Little Sister!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
annachronism

will sew for tattoos

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010 12:44:59 PM »

you are my new god  Shocked
i'd been planning to make a big daddy this summer (i've been stealing brown and orange yarn from all my relatives in preparation Cheesy) but i might just have to make the little sister first...one of my best friends has a birthday coming up, and she's called Eleanor...naturally, she gets extra-specially creeped out when she plays bioshock 2  Grin
please say you have plans to make a big sister!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Perfect Presents to Please Any Stylish Mom
The Right Fit: There Is A Bra For Every Body
How to Rock the Trench Coat Trend for Fall 2012
Who Wore It Best: Pink Or Kim Kardashian?
Naomi Watts Wears An Unusual Little Black Dress
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...