A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 299,153
Currently Running With Scissors:
616 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sweeney Todd: The Demon Cat Altered Book  (Read 3797 times)
Tags for this thread: altered_book , art , sweeney_todd  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SpookyPooky
~Where monsters and Wonderland come to life~

I myself am, strange and unusual.

View Profile WWW
« on: April 10, 2010 11:52:43 AM »

I had a cat that I adored. I mean, I loved that little sucker. I actually never ever liked cats but on Halloween we found this tiny little kitten stuck in a tree so I rescued her out of it and started feeding her and getting her weight back up. I had no intentions of keeping her, but I wanted to get her health restored before finding a home. Well, I ended up falling in love with her and keeping her for myself. She was evil as all hell. She did this cute little "Puss-N-Boots" type smile with the big huge eyes and then the moment you picked her up, she would wrap her paws around your arm and sink her teeth in! But it was SO CUTE! And she was not always mean. She was the cutest cat and she was so playful and funny. I named her Sweeney Todd because she had crazy black and white fur that stuck up all over the place and obviously she was  also named for that evil streak she had in her.  

Anyways, for many reasons, the biggest being my mom's horrible allergies to her, I had to put her up for adoption. Last weekend, Sweeney Todd went away to her new owner and I have been crying ever since. I know she went to a good home, and my mom has even been corresponding with the new owner even to assure me she is well-loved and taken care of, but it really has just broken my heart. I loved that cat so much and I miss her to pieces. I am such an emotional person, I am sure I am crying more than normal, but I am just so sad.

I wanted to have something to remind me of her, so I found a little tiny strawberry shortcake cardboard book and decorated it with pictures, paper, drawings and book cutouts. I like how it turned out, overall. A big thanks goes out to audio_astrophysics and noooitaremybirthday for inspiration!

It is not my best work, and I might change the eyes on the drawing of her, but I still like how it came out. Smiley

For good measure, my kitty:

Also, AmyDice made me this fabulous little recreation ami of her, and I just love it! She did such an amazing job!

Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teachingjonah
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010 12:09:49 PM »

What a great way to remember your kitten friend.  I used to babysit some kids who had a cat just like that.  She'd be sitting in your lap all sweet and cuddly and then suddenly turn around and attack you.  Scary, but adorable Smiley 
You did a great job on the book and I like the ami cat too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NightOwl21

after all this time I finally show my true form

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010 12:13:15 PM »

oh how adorable I love that drawing! *hugs* i'm so sorry you had to put her up for adoption, and don't worry about being over emotional because I get the same way to and I'm the one in my family who gets the demon kitties.  (aren't demon kitties fun?)  *hugs*  I love it all what a great way to remember her by and clever to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I now have 2 shops! Scandalous! Take a visit and enjoy Smiley

Jewelry and Wedding Accessories: http://www.somewearintyme.etsy.com

Crafts and supplies: http://www.squidooink.etsy.com

Wists: http://www.wists.com/nightowl21

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/somesquid
SpookyPooky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010 12:37:10 PM »

What a great way to remember your kitten friend.  I used to babysit some kids who had a cat just like that.  She'd be sitting in your lap all sweet and cuddly and then suddenly turn around and attack you.  Scary, but adorable Smiley 
You did a great job on the book and I like the ami cat too!

Thanks Julie! I never even liked cats but somehow that one stuck with me. I think she had an evil spell over me or something. Wink

oh how adorable I love that drawing! *hugs* i'm so sorry you had to put her up for adoption, and don't worry about being over emotional because I get the same way to and I'm the one in my family who gets the demon kitties.  (aren't demon kitties fun?)  *hugs*  I love it all what a great way to remember her by and clever to.

Thanks! And yes, while she was evil, it was what made her so cute and funny. She was a character!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aada
If I run out of tacos, I can no longer maintain my human form

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010 01:07:18 PM »

that is very cute! excellent work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheMistressT
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010 01:11:15 PM »

So cute and so sweet and just the right amount of evil!  I'm sorry you've had to give her up, but glad to hear you've found her a good home.  Your drawing on the cover has really captured that crazy/lovey cat thing.  I understand there's a medicine cats can take that helps remove the allergic quality from their saliva, FYI.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010 05:10:33 PM »

I love how you took the picture of her and made it into a cartoon. She really is a beautiful cat. I'm sorry you had to give her up. You have such a soft heart. The book is a great way to remember her by, and I think it would be fun if you wrote a little story book and tried to have it published. You certainly have the talent for it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aveykin
Perpetually in the Clouds

Environmental Science Major~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010 05:40:59 PM »

Maybe it's just personal bias, but tuxedo cats always seem to have the most intriguing personalities.

The book is wonderful, a really creative way to do a meaningful keepsake.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swap(s):
Surprise Ball Swap-Sent
Matchbox Swap-Sent
Warcraft Swap- Crafting

"Accuse not Nature, she hath done her part; Do thou but thine."
-John Milton

http://wists.com/Aveykin
SpookyPooky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010 08:00:01 PM »

that is very cute! excellent work!

Thank you very much!

So cute and so sweet and just the right amount of evil!  I'm sorry you've had to give her up, but glad to hear you've found her a good home.  Your drawing on the cover has really captured that crazy/lovey cat thing.  I understand there's a medicine cats can take that helps remove the allergic quality from their saliva, FYI.

Thank you! She was the perfect amount of evil. Smiley We did look into different remedies but they either didn't work or were too expensive to try. Plus, my I think it was just too much for my mom. We have a full house since both my brother and I moved in after school. Having all of us and pets made it hectic! Thanks for the kind words!

I love how you took the picture of her and made it into a cartoon. She really is a beautiful cat. I'm sorry you had to give her up. You have such a soft heart. The book is a great way to remember her by, and I think it would be fun if you wrote a little story book and tried to have it published. You certainly have the talent for it.

Thank you Paulette! And believe it or not, stay tuned for a children's book! I have kept it under wraps, but it is in the process of getting published (taking forever though!). It is about my yeti. Smiley Thanks again.

Maybe it's just personal bias, but tuxedo cats always seem to have the most intriguing personalities.

The book is wonderful, a really creative way to do a meaningful keepsake.

Thanks so much! I agree too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sillysmushyhippocake
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010 01:13:11 PM »

SpookyPooky, your story moved me to tears. My tuxedo cat recently passed away of old age (on Valentine's Day, no less!!!) and I practically died along with him. I know how you feel.

I love your book. It's very sweet. Chin up- you gave her a good home and you loved her with all your heart. She knows it and will never forget you.

And I agree with Aveykin: "Maybe it's just personal bias, but tuxedo cats always seem to have the most intriguing personalities.

The book is wonderful, a really creative way to do a meaningful keepsake."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Draw Elmo
How To Draw Kid Goku
How To Draw the Teletubbies
How To Draw Clowns
How to Paint with Color
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...