A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 298,659
Currently Running With Scissors:
699 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Condom Rose -with tutorial  (Read 38337 times)
Tags for this thread: condom , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

moonshire

if you're going to san francisco...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: May 05, 2005 04:28:31 PM »

so i discovered these roses at a spencers store with some of my friends.. we were thinking.. "wouldnt that be somethign great we could get our significant others.. somthing that will make them scratch their heads.. and think... wow i never would have thopught my girlfriend would make such a thing" 
we didnt want to spend the money on buying them.. since they looked quite simple to make..

so we found red condoms.. thats the hardest part...

and heres our creation.

and heres a tutorial..

first you need all the necessary materials..
~condoms.. red if you like red roses.. but any color would really do.. use your favorite colors.. or whatever kind you have lieing around...  i think i like the lifestyles ones better because the wrappers are plastic.. and therefore more pliable.. but trojan ones work too.. and im sure any other breand as well...
~wire.. or stick or anything really to make the stem.. wire woukds best in my opinior cause its bendy and such..
~tape..  masking tape is what i used first..  but as you can see in the pictuers i didnt have any.. so i substitued with duct tape.. and it seemed to work well
~floral tape.. that green sticky/gummy tape that will be in the floral section of your local craft store.. im sure if you had regular tapoe that was green.. green duct tape maybe.. then thatd work too..
~optional.. fake leaves.. can be found in floral section of craft stroe.. or wal-mart sometimes.. you dont need them.. but they do add some character to the rose...

1.   make your wire green.. either with floral tape or green duct tape.. whatever works..

2.  fold the condom in half on a diaganal

3.  attach condom to the end of the wire.. with your tape.. as in your sticky tape..

4.  then repeat with two more condoms..

5. wrap the ugly masking tape or duct tape with the floral tape.  floral tape isnt exactly "sticky"  you wrap it around and press as you go.. stetching it a bit and just sorta squeezing it as you go.. it just sticks to itself..

5.  smell your flower..   it may not smell great though.. but who cares...

pardon the blurriness of the pictures.. its a combination of my bad photography skills and dieing batteries...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Would you not like to be?  -DMB
http://seaddlebags.blogspot.com/
FinDPartie

gaudeamus igitur, iuvenes dum sumus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005 04:43:35 PM »

super-genius!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I've never been certain whether the moral of the Icarus story should only be, as is generally accepted, "Don't try to fly too high," or whether it might also be thought of as, 'Forget the wax and feathers and do a better job on the wings.'" -- Stanley Kubrick
Stephannie

Dig that crazy sound.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005 08:48:34 PM »

I love it!

that is hilarious-- the "lucky" person who gets those... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PimpernelSmith
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm sooo over due to get over an ocean...*waves at far away places*

Jack of all Crafts -- Master of None

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005 09:47:35 PM »

Cheesy *sings* I know what I'm making for next year's May Basket!!

(a P.S. FYI: in my town, when I was little, we used to make little May Baskets -- decorated cups, formed doilies, whatever -- and fill them with candy and flowers ((usually clover, violets and dandelions)); we would then sneak up to a house, leave the basket, ring the doorbell, and run to hide. The whole neighboorhood was into it, and most of my schoolmates as well.  I was amazed to discover that none of my adult-era friends had ever heard of such a thing....)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.Dave Barry
moonshire

if you're going to san francisco...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2005 09:55:24 PM »

thanks everyone for the compliments..   not entirely the most appropriate craft for your grandmother.. (or maybe it is.

(a P.S. FYI: in my town, when I was little, we used to make little May Baskets -- decorated cups, formed doilies, whatever -- and fill them with candy and flowers ((usually clover, violets and dandelions)); we would then sneak up to a house, leave the basket, ring the doorbell, and run to hide. The whole neighboorhood was into it, and most of my schoolmates as well.  I was amazed to discover that none of my adult-era friends had ever heard of such a thing....)

i did that when i was little too.. except i didnt live in a neighborhood.. and had one neighbor.. this sweet old lady.. my dad wouldnt let me ring the doorbell and hide though so i just gave it too her.. but i should definately make some may baskets next year
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Would you not like to be?  -DMB
http://seaddlebags.blogspot.com/
AshGav
Dance like no ones watching

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2005 10:45:36 PM »

that is great i think i'm making my friend one...only problem is i would have to do some shopping cause just not something i have around i'm waiting..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm Straight NOT Narrow
Rainbows make me happy
JaneGtar
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2005 10:59:10 PM »

wow.

it's so funny because there's a craft challenge on here that requires 99cent store items only.  I live by a dollar store that sells condoms!  I'm not saying i'm going to use this idea... but you probably could have, haha... that is if your dollar stores are as ghetto as ours :X
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i <3 j... and penguins!

my spot on the web: http://www.geocites.com/penguininthesun
Area51ufo1
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2005 01:15:33 AM »

the beloved  99 cents store lol   . The condoms are all knock offs of the brand names too  Cheesy . Ive seen  condom  Lollipops too  down in Hollywood . I would take  a sample down to one of those   boudoir stores  ( the ones run by an older woman,  with lots of panties etc)  she might be able to sell some for you  . awesome idea !
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ScarySockMonster
Loony Lunatic

Me So Scary

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2005 08:09:15 AM »

Hehehehe!  Thanks for posting this lovely tutorial!  I have plenty of... unused  Embarrassed condoms that I can finally use.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message posting may be confidential, and if you use it in anyway that I do not see fit; you may be hunted for.  Other than that, have a nice day!  Wink
d_oubt

Go Banana, GO!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2005 08:29:57 AM »

they look great - although i don't think it would be a good idea to take the roses apart and utilize the condoms - i think the bending may weaken them.  and nobody likes a damaged condom! speaking of which, did anyone see the consumers report where the condoms distributed by planned parenthood were the weakest ones? ironic, eh?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Cocktail Umbrella Lantern
Wreath Artists Reveal Their Work
How to Make Handmade Stockings
How to Craft a Gift Card Holder Pouch
How to Craft a Holiday Wreath with Coffee Filters
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament
Falling for Autumn Crafts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...