A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,605
Currently Running With Scissors:
585 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Slow and Low CD Swap: Send By June 6th**See Page 2 for Updated List**  (Read 2697 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kendaljay

Funny, she looks smaller from outside her head.

View Profile WWW
« on: May 05, 2005 04:12:54 PM »

Swap name:  Slow and Low CD Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Kendaljay
Sign-up date range:  May 5th thru May 14thclosed!!
Date to send item by:  June 6th **let me know if you think this is too short a time**

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):  No

Non-U.S. participants allowed?  Yes

All ages allowed? Or 18+?  All Ages

Organizer is aware of current list of "suspended traders"
list and will not allow those members to participate: YES

Organizer meets the 4 conditions for swapping and will make sure that every participant meets these conditions: YES

Details of swap:
All right....yet another CD Swap!! Woohoo!  Cheesy  Okay, this one is themed to slow & low music (obviousley):  music that you listen to when that jerk dumps you, or when you get an F on that paper you tried soooo hard on, or when your parents/boss are being cruel and heartless, or when you just feel like having a good cry....anyway you get the idea.  You will make ONE CD **see option 2 below** design a label for the CD (markers are fine or printed labels; i don't recommend putting stickers directly on the CD though), make some kind of case, with liner notes (explaining why you chose the songs if you want, but you don't have to) and mail it off!  Now when you mail it, i'm going to require everyone to wrap it in either some paper or tissue or fabric or whatever to give it a little extra padding.  we've had a lot of CD's getting broken in the mail in the other swaps and i don't want that to happen here.  also, that should give you that extra 1/4" or whatever it is that you need to get a delivery confirmation number (which is required if sending in the USA!!!)
**and now option 2...if you are like me and just cannot contain yourself to one CD or if you would like to receive an extra back, i am going to give you the option of signing up for two partners.  HOWEVER...if i do not have enough people to match up for 2, then i will have to remove that option!! so be forewarned! (ooh...a big word)
and of course pm me if you have any any any questions!!

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap:  Slow & Low CD Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of your home country?
Do you want to send/receive 2 CD's?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005 12:33:59 PM by kendaljay » THIS ROCKS   Logged

When you say words a lot they don't mean anything. Or maybe they don't mean anything anyway, and we just think they do.---Delirium

www.makeitcute.etsy .com
Aly_421
i <3 theatre, but not the DRAMA.

anyone home?? echO-O-O-O-o....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005 04:17:53 PM »

YOU'RE THE BEST! i also love the title you chose! Wink
PMing you in just a moment!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.myspace.com/aly421

too many mutha ucka's, uckin with my shi
theres too many mutha ucka's uckin with my shi
too many mutha ucka's uckin with my shi
how many mutha ucka's?
too many too count! mutha ucka.
magick8ball

Nothing but lies and pictures of also lies!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005 08:07:01 PM »

I'm in...I'm hooked on cd swaps, mixtappery in general, and... I'm moving to Arizona (from St. Louis) for grad school, and I'm leaving my BF of 4 years behind so I can do some "growing up". I understand the need to wallow in sadness, self imposed or otherwise! Plus, I'll need something to listen to on that 24-hour drive.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!
simply
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005 08:28:39 PM »

never was interested in the cd swaps til this one. some how seeing what others listen to when sad and comparing them to what i listen to has sparked an interest.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

twowishes

I am the warden of PUPPY JAIL.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2005 08:30:40 PM »

Ooh, ooh, ooh!  I'm not nearly as creative/artistic as most of the Craftsterfolk, but if there's one thing on the planet I do know, it's sad slow songs.  I'm in for sure and will pm separately to sign up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So I finally started a blog.... 
kendaljay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2005 05:16:35 AM »

wow!! 7 people in 12 hours!! (8 including myself)  15 people!!!  Shocked  that is awesome!  and it looks like everyone so far is wanting 2 CD's, which is great!  so here's the running list...pm me if you don't see your name!  Cheesy

kendaljay
mrs benjimadden
aly_421
magick8ball
simply
twowishes
elizasmom
livilovesolives
spaz_muse
carobelle
craftydeb
darkhairedgirl
lucrecia42 **sending one CD**
jadey_mcshadey
itsmartinitime
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005 02:26:56 PM by kendaljay » THIS ROCKS   Logged

When you say words a lot they don't mean anything. Or maybe they don't mean anything anyway, and we just think they do.---Delirium

www.makeitcute.etsy .com
flrtingwdisaster
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2005 11:26:58 AM »

i have to choose between this one and the summer one since i'm a newbie at swaps Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kendaljay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2005 07:12:46 AM »

k...there are 2 more days to sign up!!  so let's get more people in on our super fab, but also tragic, cd swap!  Cheesy Cry
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005 05:10:46 AM by kendaljay » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.makeitcute.etsy .com
jadey_mcshadey

kys mig, jeg er dansk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2005 12:53:14 AM »

I love getting music in the mail! Yay! Thanks kendaljay.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
itsmartinitime
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2005 08:39:43 AM »

oooh god, I only just found this swap now, I hope im not too late!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kendaljay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2005 03:04:21 PM »

all right....signups are closed!!!  Cheesy  and here is the final list, with who you are sending to...only one person wanted to send/receive 1 cd, so everyone else has 2 partners!  if you see any mistakes please let me know, and i will be sending out pm's shortly.  **Stay tuned for that message**  Wink

kendaljay Grin----sending to------>itsmartinitime & mrs benjimadden
mrs benjimadden Grin--------->carobelle & aly_421
aly_421 Grin------------>magick8ball & simply
magick8ball Grin ------------->simply & twowishes
simply Grin-------->twowishes & spaz_muse
twowishes Grin----------->jadey_mcshadey & elizasmom
elizasmom Grin-------------->livilovesolives & aly_421
livilovesolives Grin------------>spaz_muse & kendaljay
spaz_muse Grin------------->craftydeb & magick8ball
carobelle Grin------------>kendaljay & darkhairedgirl
craftydeb Grin------------>itsmartinitime & darkhairedgirl
darkhairedgirl Grin----------->lucrecia42 & elizasmom
lucrecia42 Grin-------------->jadey_mcshadey
jadey_mcshadey Grin---------------->carobelle & craftydeb
itsmartinitime Grin----------------->mrsbenjimadden & livilovesolives

k here's the message included in everyone's pm....remember to follow the rules listed in this message and the first post on the thread....and pm me if you have any questions or did not receive your partners or think there's a mistake.  i did this really fast, so you never know!  Wink  yay...music time!!

hi there...here are your partners for the Slow & Low CD Swappy!!  Remember, the send out date is June 6th and if you are sending within the USA, you must get Delivery Confirmation.  And please remember to wrap the CD in something to give it a little extra protection.  Also i will be pm'ing everyone one week before the send out date as a reminder, and i do require that you respond to this message by the send out date!!  please let me and/or your partner's know if you are having any kinds of issues making the deadline!  i am usually understanding, IF you let me know what's going on!  thanks and have fun! remember to post when you send out and receive your fab packies!!  Cheesy

kendaljay
(jennifer)

***edited.....woohoo our first cd's were sent out!! you go jadey!  Wink  k, and for the rest of us slackers (notice i said us) we still have till june 6th.   Grin  and your name will be glowing on the left when you have sent out.  thanks everyone!!

***Edited again....this is the list to keep an eye on:  your name will have a smiley face next to it when you reply to my reminder email, be glowing on the left when you have sent out, and glowing on the right when you receive.  keep me posted!!***
« Last Edit: July 14, 2005 05:21:16 AM by kendaljay » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.makeitcute.etsy .com
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2005 03:58:08 PM »

I just got a nice package in the mail today direct from Austrailia! - I will take some pics and adjust this post hopefully Monday... Jadey you rock!  I can't wait to put it in the cd player - I have a knitting machine demo to give tomorrow so I will now have something cool to listen to in the car... I am so used to only getting to listen to kids songs - if it doesn't have something to do with Old MacDonald or the itsy bitsy spider this girl hardly gets to hear anything good..

I am all psyched to listen to it - Mad World used to be one of my favorite songs... I can just hear it in my head right now.. I am feeling all nostalgic!

My cds are ready to go out - but will need to wait until Tuesday - I only have one of my kids on Tuesday as the oldest has preschool Tuesdays and Thursdays so hopefully my recipients will get theirs the end of the week!

Oh and really loved the cd cover - my mother was here and she commented that someone is a quilter! Very nifty
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
jadey_mcshadey

kys mig, jeg er dansk

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2005 06:23:13 PM »

I'm glad you liked it, crafty_deb!

And consider me jealous of your knitting machine skills. My mum had one back in the day and she made the most fantastic 70s jumpsuits and stuff out of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aly_421

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2005 06:50:05 AM »

Sad i'm getting blank CDs today and i have most of the playlist set up. i was planning on sending sooner...oh well.
monday it is?
maybe tuesday?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.myspace.com/aly421

how many mutha ucka's?
kendaljay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2005 11:31:19 AM »

all right, our first cd received!!  i started a thread in the gallery for you to post pics/tracklists in!  yay!!  Cheesy
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=36476.0

and remember....june 6th is the send out due date, but please feel free to send early!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.makeitcute.etsy .com
kendaljay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2005 06:44:26 AM »

when did we get moved to the archived threads??  Undecided  anyway, just posting so everyone can keep an eye on it!  and we had a 2nd cd sent out yesterday!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.makeitcute.etsy .com
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2005 04:16:04 AM »

Has anyone recieved any other cds?  Am I the only one???!!!
I thought mine would have made it to Texas by now.  I mailed it out a week ago.

Has everyone forgot about the swap? I keep checking for posts and all the hype has gone away.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
jadey_mcshadey

kys mig, jeg er dansk

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2005 04:28:06 AM »

I've not received anything yet and carobelle should have received at the same time as you (ie. 10 days ago) but I've not heard from her.

Sad.

Has anyone recieved any other cds? Am I the only one???!!!
I thought mine would have made it to Texas by now. I mailed it out a week ago.

Has everyone forgot about the swap? I keep checking for posts and all the hype has gone away.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
kendaljay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2005 05:08:50 AM »

craftydeb...darkhai redgirl did receive yours, did she not message you?  she told me she was going to.  Undecided  i think everyone is busy crafting right now (i hope) and just haven't had a chance to get back on here.  so no worries!!  we still have a week till the send out date, then we'll start worrying!  Wink

oh....an fyi for my partners, my cd's were burned over the weekend and now i just need to make covers for them!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.makeitcute.etsy .com
carobelle

Don't tell me I'm not crafty...!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2005 07:35:54 AM »

Jadey...
I have just got back from being away with work, arrived home tired and fairly fraught and was absolutely thrilled to find a package awaiting me from Australia!!  It was just what I needed!
The cover was gorgeous, and as I am in a bit of a fragile state the fantastic songs on the CD allowed me to have a little wallow in my woes ... some of which are effecting my part in this swap which I am gutted about...

Kendeljay and Darkhairedgirl, i have sent you PMs, let me know if you don't receive them.

Sorry this is a low key reply after having such a great CD sent... how ironic to be part of a Slow and Low swap and to have EVERYTHING go wrong...

AAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

x
Caro
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aly_421

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2005 02:56:04 PM »

i'm so excited to send. i already burnt the CDs and decorated them AND the envelopes they'll be sent in.
ooh yes.
tomorrow? maybe the next day. i'm not sure.

sending soon,
aly
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.myspace.com/aly421

how many mutha ucka's?
jadey_mcshadey

kys mig, jeg er dansk

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2005 06:42:42 PM »

Sorry Carobelle, I was impatient and a little bit crabby! I hope you're feeling ok.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kendaljay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2005 08:25:49 AM »

okay, i sent out reminder emails today...it is listed below just in case you don't see it!  Cheesy

hi everyone!!  it's your friendly swap hostestest here with your reminder email!    today is june 1st (already??), send out date is June 6th....so you have about a week to pm/post in the thread your status.  a few reminders:  delivery confirmation is required if sending within the USA; please wrap your cd's somehow so that they don't get damaged; and remember to post when you send/recieve your cd's.  we've already had two people send their's out and 3 have rcvd, so that is totally awesome!!   (jadey & deb...ya'll can ignore this message, just didn't want you to feel left out; also carobelle since i already talked to you.  )  Okay, i think that's it....so one more time...you MUST reply to this message either by pm or on the thread by JUNE 6th!!   thanks everyone & happy swapping! 

kendaljay 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.makeitcute.etsy .com
magick8ball

Nothing but lies and pictures of also lies!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2005 08:56:19 AM »

aye. aye, cap'n!
working on it as we speak.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2005 07:47:57 AM »

I posted a pic I did for the swap and my songlist

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=36476.0

I hope everyone had a great time with the swap.  I know I really loved making my cd up.  It was a lot of fun.  I listen to the copy I made quite a bit.  I tried to put a lot of thought into it and a little meaning for me behind the songs as well.  It was kind of comforting and relaxing to me.  I went through all my cds and picked out my all time favorite slow and low songs - except for one that I didnt' have but I do now - David Bowie's Wild is the Wind.  I can't tell you how many times I have listened to that song when I was growing up.  My high school years somehow didn't ruin my vinyl of it!  I have it now so I am going to add it to my cd - but then I would have to delete a different song to fit it.. I filled up my cd with less than 30 seconds to spare I think!

I wish I had taken pictures of it before sending it out.  I didn't think to.  I thought my little knitted cd cozy was cute... well. it was practical for padding the cd to be sent at the very least!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
kendaljay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2005 07:49:06 AM »

okay...today is the send out date, and i only need to hear from 1 person!!! on the status:

simply
spaz_muse
darkhairedgirl

so that is awesome!

now a little bit of bad news for my partners.  Undecided  we had a death in our family over the weekend, so i didn't quite get mine finished.  i should be able to finish them tonight and get them in the mail tomorrow after work.  so i will keep you all posted.  thanks!  Kiss  <as a side note...these cd's were the perfect listening companion this weekend>
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005 05:20:07 AM by kendaljay » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.makeitcute.etsy .com
kendaljay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2005 05:24:20 AM »

hello everyone!!  just wanted to post a friendly reminder.  we had a send out date of the 6th, but obviously since i just sent yesterday, i let everyone slide a little.  Wink  so it's now friday, the 10th and i need to hear from these people about sending their's out:

aly_421
magick8ball
spaz_muse **i guess you sent out since both your partners have received their's!!  Wink
carobelle (don't worry, i didn't forget about your sitch; just keep me updated! Wink)
darkhairedgirl
lucrecia42
itsmartinitime

i'm giving a deadline of monday afternoon for you to send out.....that's one extra week.  after that, i'm considering flakers.  and you all know i really hate to do that! so let's keep this swap going as awesome as it has so far!!  Kiss
« Last Edit: June 16, 2005 05:04:31 AM by kendaljay » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.makeitcute.etsy .com
Aly_421

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2005 02:29:12 PM »

OOPS! sorry! i def. sent mine out....tuesday?  Roll Eyes i was just being silly and decided not to tell you.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.myspace.com/aly421

how many mutha ucka's?
Lucrecia42
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2005 09:26:27 AM »

I got mine the other day, and it was so gorgeous!  I was definately jealous of my complete lack of drawing skills... (when it comes to drawing, I have shaky hands, so I tried to make up for a lack of decoration with a bonus CD instead.)

speaking of which, I found said bonus cd in my computer the other day.  I think my little brother stuck it in to listen to it without telling me and i sent of the empty case without knowing.  I'm hoping I had maybe stuck the "original" (also a copy) in there on accident, but I have no clue.  Jadey?  Did you get an empty case?  If so, let me know!  If I don't hear from you by the end of this week, (week of June 20th) then I'll go ahead and send it to you anyway. Smiley

Anyway, thanks  to darkhairedgirl and here's to hoping you at least got the one cd in ok, jadey.  Undecided

-Lucrecia42
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kendaljay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2005 05:33:02 AM »

okay, i know this is a little late (okay, a lot late!), but please forgive me!  Embarrassed  i just wanted to do a quick check, and see if everyone has gotten their cd's.  please take  a minute and check the list on page 2 and let me know if i need to correct anything.  also, i did the feedback finally (sorry again)  and everyone got a positive, except carobelle (who did not get a negative, she had circumstances that we were aware of).  so if you can check that, and just let me know, on this thread, if i need to fix anything, or if we need to get some extra cd's sent out....so we can do it.  thanks everyone!!  overall, you guys have been awesome!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.makeitcute.etsy .com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn About the Body Worlds Exposition
Glazing Your Pottery
Firing Your Pottery
Making the Handle for a Clay Mug
Trimming the Clay Cylinder
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...