A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 304,877
Currently Running With Scissors:
764 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: my first post here a mermaid tail hope you like  (Read 2788 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mikeyjean
« on: April 09, 2010 08:21:36 PM »

PATTERN FOR MERMAID TAIL

**This pattern should fit most barbies and fashion dolls….I have made many of these tails and have several patterns wrote this is just the one I finally have been able to post once I find the others I will post them too..I have made several different types and sizes right now I am working on one for an 18 inch doll…I am not sure if she is american girl or not since I found her at a thrift store all I ask is please respect the creative license and give me credit for using my pattern if you decide to sell anything you make do not claim the pattern as your own it will upset me since I did this as a payback and thank you for all the wonderful free crochet patterns on the net by many talented people if you find any errors let me know I will note them and fix them….this first tail has curly fins I do not know why but I kinda like them so enjoy!!!**

Materials:  small gumband or I used a soft ponytail tie thingy that fits nicely around the doll’s waist (yes that is a technical term) size F hook (I always use a smaller hook so my stitches are tighter if you can use something bigger to get the right size do so) red heart or any other worsted weight yarn you want in any color I had green and brown so the choice was green lol and well scissors of course;)

TAIL
1.    Sl st yarn onto band or ponytail thingy ch1 dc 20xs in ring sl st together in ch 1
2.   *Ch2 dc in same st dc in each st around sl st to the top of ch 2*
3.   *Rep row 3*
4.   *Rep row 3*
5.   *Rep row 3*
6.   *Rep row 3*
7.   Ch 2 dc in next st dc in next stitch continue around like this till end sl st in top of ch 2
8.   Ch2 dc in each dc around sl st in top of ch 2
9.   Ch 2 skip first st dc around sl st in ch 2
10.   Ch2 skip first st dc around sl st in ch 2
11.   Ch 2 skip first st dc around sl st in ch 2
12.   Ch 2 dc in first st skip second st dc in next stitch continue like this around sl st in ch 2 space
13.   Ch2 dc in each dc around sl st in ch 2 space
14.   Ch2 dc in first st skip next st continue around sl st in ch 2 space

FINS
1.   At the bottom on the spot you ended the tail ch 11 turn in second ch from hook 3 dc in stitch and each stitch after till end of chain
2.   Once at the end of chain sl st across the bottom to other side closing the hole at the feet
3.   At the other side ch 11 turn in second ch from hook 3 dc in stitch and each stitch after till at end of chain
4.   Slip stitch across to other fin 3 dc in each dc to top of fin
5.   Turn 1 dc in each dc back down sl st across
6.   Dc in each dc to top of fin fasten off weave in ends….put on doll   ©MJR 2010

« Last Edit: October 25, 2011 05:14:25 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed links to images » THIS ROCKS   Logged
wawamommy
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010 05:30:50 AM »

Cute!  My daughter is right into mermaids and princesses...I'll be making some of these!

Thanks a bunch!  And welcome to Craftster! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mikeyjean
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010 08:56:38 AM »

cool my daughter is too that's what started this lol I am just learning to knit and the ony mermaid tails I found are either knit or sewn.....so I came up with a bunch of my own.....so I hope she enjoys i :Dt..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Faux Hawk Ponytail Tutorial
6 Amazingly Simple Hairstyles for Lazy Girls
How to Create a Full Messy Bun
Coco Rocha Cuts Off All Her Hair
Braided Undercut
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...