A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 298,750
Currently Running With Scissors:
641 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Round 6 (Summer 2010) -- SIGNUPS CLOSED! Pk1 due June 1st  (Read 53952 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

edie22
« Reply #880 on: August 01, 2010 09:30:42 PM »

Well, I've been working on my project all day (much to my husband's dislike) but I still have one more big step left.  I will probably be late AGAIN but hopefully I can send by the end of this week.  I don't like how the pattern is telling me to finish so I'm going to have to come up with my own way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swaps!
-Yarnies vs Sewists - crafting
-Giant Multi-Theme Swap rnd 3 - stalking

http://www.pinterest.com/edie22
RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #881 on: August 01, 2010 10:01:30 PM »

Just wanted to make a quick note for all our Canadian Friends, I didn't realize before that monday is a holiday so if you send on tuesday I will not mark you late. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
RebelTrendsetter

« Reply #882 on: August 02, 2010 03:59:37 PM »

Announcement!
Now that Package 3 has come and gone, I would GREATLY appreciate if everyone would take a moment and fill out the official Make-a-Friend Round 6 Participant Feedback form available here http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDlNUDNiajV0Wjl0T1hRa1YxSFpqWEE6MA
This is YOUR chance to give ME and the co-organizers feedback so that we can improve and make changes for round 7.

Thanks again everyone for a great swap! Once packages start making their way to their final destinations, feedback will be given once every 2 to 3 days in the order that they are made ready.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

when_im_sixty4
Perpetually awkward

Craft Big, Dream Bigger!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #883 on: August 02, 2010 05:06:00 PM »

feedback completed! I'd like to thank all the organizers for such a great swap- I had fun and I appreciate their patience!

I'm going to pass on Round 7.  Smiley This was a great experience, but I think maybe a three month swap is too involved for me. I'm apparently horrible at meeting deadlines and I don't want to constantly disappoint my organizers and partner because I'm too scatterbrained to keep up.  Roll Eyes I'm going to complete my other swap and then take a break for a while! (just in time for halloween, woohoo!)

Make-A-Friend Swap 2010 was awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"[crafting] fills my days,
not to mention the living room, bedroom, and closets."
RebelTrendsetter

« Reply #884 on: August 03, 2010 02:38:57 PM »

Thanks everyone who has filled out the feedback form so far! Keep them coming! Your comments are super helpful and I will be taking all of it into consideration for Round 7.

Speaking of round 7, one of the most important questions on the feedback form is about whether or not I should start round 7 in September or wait until April 2011 and have this swap be exclusively a summer swap. I'm VERY on the fence about it, so any opinions/interests would be greatly appreciated on that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

« Reply #885 on: August 03, 2010 04:59:44 PM »

I am going to wait until I and my partner have received before doing the survey, I think. DV, feel free to remind me! One suggestion I would have for future rounds is that there be a minimum number of items or type of items in a participants' wishlist (similar to the Crafty Detective). My partner is great, but she and I don't have a lot in common as far as the crafts we like to do and receive. Because of the scope of this swap, towards the end I was maxing out that wist with regards to the things I could make. (Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the challenge. Some might not, though.) I bet my partner had the same challenge, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
RebelTrendsetter

« Reply #886 on: August 03, 2010 05:50:53 PM »

Thanks for the suggestion, FYE! I'll make a note of that. Although not everyone has a wist/wishlist, and some people might get a bit grumpy at me for doing that. I'll have to think about it some more and see what i can do.

In the meantime....

Another Announcement!
I'm sad to announce that Foxy Sam was flaked on. She sent packages 1 and 2 but only received package 1 in return. I usually do not allow for there to be an "Angel" for this swap, I usually only allow for a "replacement" BUT I realized that I don't have this clearly stated on the original post. Because I don't have it clearly stated (which i will amend for future rounds), I'm going to go ahead and call for an angel. This means anyone who wants to be Foxy Sam's angel will not receive a package in return, but you will get FOC status. Also, the package that will be sent to Foxy Sam will have the same requirements as Package #2. I'm posting this here first, please PM me if you are interested. If no one from within the swap has come forward, I will be taking this to the Call for Angels board on Friday. Here is part of her questionnaire:

Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country:
Yes, preferably to United States of America, or Australia

Any allergies you would like to note: No but I dont like smell of smoke

Any allergens you would like to note (i.e. if u have cats or if u smoke, etc.): I have a cat and dog

Age/DOB (if you do not want to disclose your age, just put the month and day of your birth): 27..DOB26th October 1982

Current Location/Hometown: Wellington, New Zealand

Favorite Crafts (crafts you love to do): Crochet, sewing, polymer clay, scrapbooking, stamping

Craft Wishlist (crafts you want to learn): would love to learn to make/carve my own rubber stamps, always like more stamps too, am interested in shrinkydinks but dont really know what they are or what you need, I would like to do clothing stencilling and decoration, would also like to do resin making stuff and using moulds for polymer clay I have seen them but havent got any and never used themwould like to do more complex jewellery making as I dont really know what I am doing or how to do metal type jewellerylike loaded charm braceletsoh and I would love to do embroidery tooI know lots ehbut might as well list some eh

Are you opposed to getting spoiled/getting more than the required items? (this is just a precaution because some people feel obligated to give more if they know their partner is sending extras and I dont want anyone to feel embarrassed or anything like that)
I love spoiling and being spoiled!!!  But I do like to know so that I can try to reciprocate spoiling too

Anything you do not want to receive:
Earingsas no pierced ears

I LOVE homemade things most of all!!!

What are some things you'd like to make for yourself but never have enough time to do?
Love clothes, as I am not an expert at clothesdont really know what I am doinghahaha
And bags I make them for other people but havent made me any yetI love messenger bags, handbags, shopping bags and any bags I love bags (o=  They are so useful!
Love things to help me crafting

Link to your Wist/Kaboodle/Amazon wishlist/Etsy Favorites:
http://www.wists.com/FoxySam

Favorites I like animals, witches/wizards/magic and magical creatures
Favorite Books: I am a big fan of Harry Potter books, Lord of the Rings, Mary Stewart books especially the Merlin seriesCrystal Caveand so forth
Favorite Movies: Labyrinth, Princess Bride, How to Train a Dragon, Monsters Inc (loved Sulley the big blue fluffy monster), Over the Hedge, Ice Age, Conspiracy Theory, Lethal Weapon, Maverick, Forest Gump, So many other things
Favorite TV Shows: Gilmore Girls, Joan of Arcadia, Heroes, NCIS, Black Adder, Dads Army, Vicar of Dibly
Favorite Bands/Musicians: Beetles, Phil Collins, Enigma, ACDC, Guns N Roses, Robbie Williams, and so many others I have a very eclectic approach to musicall depends on my moodlol
Favorite Animals: I love all animals and always haveowls, polar bears, badgers, dragons, bears, monster, dogs, catsI like cute rather than realistic in craftscan provide examples if you likesome are on my craftster member gallery too
Favorite Passtimes besides crafting: Playing with my puppy, cuddling my cat, reading books, watching dvds, chatting to people, getting snail mail, spending time with my darling niece and my family and friends
Favorite Games (board, online, video, etc): Craniumawesome!
Favorite Foods: Oh very hard to narrow down I love food!  Chocolate, cakes, fruit, corn on the cob, veggies, spaghetti Bolognese, lasagne, yumyumyum
Favorite Scents (perfumes, natural, spices, etc): Vanilla, classic rose
Favorite Colors: Blues love blues.black is good too
Favorite Color Schemes (green-brown, red-white-blue, etc): blue-yellow, black-silver, purple-silver-black, green-brown (especially for work as I wear brown trousers at work)
Favorite Designs/Patterns (plaid, argyle, stars, etc): stars, stripes
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010 05:53:01 PM by DesignVigilante » THIS ROCKS   Logged

princesspimp81
« Reply #887 on: August 03, 2010 10:45:27 PM »

Hiya DV and all Smiley  My final package was sent a while back, so I know I'm good on that lol  I haven't been on the boards as much as I usually am lately, but I wanted to say thank you for doing such a great job (as usual Smiley ) with the swap DV!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch
Who watches over you
Make a little birdhouse in your soul"

My Wist
RebelTrendsetter

« Reply #888 on: August 10, 2010 11:25:48 AM »

Just a reminder -- Now that Package 3 has come and gone, I would GREATLY appreciate if everyone would take a moment and fill out the official Make-a-Friend Round 6 Participant Feedback form available here http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDlNUDNiajV0Wjl0T1hRa1YxSFpqWEE6MA
This is YOUR chance to give ME and the co-organizers feedback so that we can improve and make changes for round 7.

I'm going to go through right now and see if anyone is ready for feedback yet and begin leaving it. I can't believe we're done already! This was a good one, thanks everyone. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #889 on: August 10, 2010 03:31:33 PM »

I finally send (late) yesterday! I hope nothing breaks, that would make me sad. I also send 2 day express so it should get there... tomorrow?! AHAHAHA! I feel novel.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chef Gordon Struggles to Make Naan Bread
Bulgogi Tacos Recipe
How to Make Nam Prik Gaeng Kiew Wan
How to Make Coconut Sticky Rice
Learn to Make Nam Prik Noom
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...