A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,722
Currently Running With Scissors:
599 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frugal Living 2: Return of the Cheap Gallery  (Read 30132 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

holistic knitter
Current Swaps:

Peace comes from within

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: May 09, 2010 06:37:33 PM »

Glad you liked them ;0)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mini 12 Days of Christmas Swap 2014 - Crafting
Vintage Halloween Swap - crafting
Samhain swap - crafting

http://craftywelshwoman.blogspot.co.uk/p/info-for-swap-partners.html
http://pinterest.com/lynda_dykstra/
dreadlocklove
« Reply #161 on: May 10, 2010 05:42:22 AM »

These photos are long overdue!  I received from morglanc last week.

Here is the package.  I also received a bundle of white sage but burned it already...

The round booklet at the top is to store coupons:

Most of the artisan paper for the books are made by Morgan herself.  The coupon book has a Grocery, Miscellaneous and Shopping section and as you can see by my finger separating the pages, I can just stick the coupon in the folder. 

The paper bag book is also very neat:

Morgan stuck a bunch of handmade artisan papers and because I feel so inspired to have a go at paper crafts and making my own paper (which I have been this past week!), I have a spot to keep it all until it gets too stuffed!  Thanks for the encouragement with this gift, Morgan!  I have a feeling I'm really going to love this type of craft now that I can actually put a more personal touch on projects with my own paper.  This was really a "inspire-a-woman-to-fish" gift and I see the "Save EVERYTHING because you might NEED it one day" Crafster quote holding true for me now!  It's both thrilling and terrifying at the same time!

The notebook is, as you guessed, very appreciated!  Here are some of the inside pages:

I love the style of the binding and detailing a lot!

The "Yoga of Herbs" book is a book about Ayurveda and proper usage of herbs in relation to body constitutions.  I actually already own a copy for my herbalism course and am reading it right now but I'm envious that Morgan found it at a yard sale for $.25!  I will be sure to pass this along to someone who will appreciate it!

Thank you, Morgan!  I'm so glad we were partners!

And thank you organizers for this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
Mocka_moo
« Reply #162 on: May 10, 2010 06:00:44 AM »

Good Morning Craftsters! I received from Mrs. HotGlue and I must say I love the crafty goodies.
She made little hair clippies for my Phe & a little bag to hold them in. She made me some reusable pads in some awesome colors... and a soaking jug to keep them in... Knitted slipper socks that are too small for me but my DW loves & fit (Damn my BIG FEET!) She also purchased a cute little organizer for Phe and

Group shot

Goody Bag

Hair Clippies

Pads

Soak Jug

Slippers

And the tooo cuttteeee organizer for Phe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wowzers...
My Wists: http://www.wists.com/Mocka
Disco Queen Highness
« Reply #163 on: May 10, 2010 06:53:58 AM »

Wow, a couple of days of sunshine and me slaving away in the garden, and the gallery explodes.  Everything is amazing.  I had a bit of a doh! moment.  I've been wisting the flannel paper towels and never even thought to make them smaller dish/face cloths.  Brillliant idea.

The dryer balls are wonderful, I'm itching to try some of those.  Tanza, the clothes you received are amazing. I'm loving everyones packages.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd love to do a personal swap for this knit Death Flake hat

Wists
Etsy
hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 10, 2010 02:47:05 PM »

Finally have pictures!

An awesome library bag that I'll probably carry everywhere!

Lotion bar/cuticle cream that feels so so good. My hands have been dry for months.

Awesome wetbag, the lining is from an air mattress (isn't that genius?). I have a picture of the outside,but I think Photobucket ate it.

Seed packets and stickers to label the plants. I can't to plant these (And none of them are duplicates of the seeds I bought!)

Super cute menu planning sheets that were at the front of my frugal cookbook. It has some great recipes and instructions for making sun-dried tomatoes (Yum!) I can't wait to try some of them (sundried tomatoes are coming up as soon as I find a good sunny spot)

A huge supply of produce bags!

I love everything. Thanks so much StrawberryH!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!
http://www.wists.com/hngoodlett

50 in 2011
10/50
itchyfingers

Baby is here - at long last!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: May 10, 2010 04:13:30 PM »

I received my package from Flower today!  So now I can have the baby. Wink  We were hanging out in the backyard and I just made it to the front to catch the delivery as he was writing out the card to say he missed us.  Yay!  Otherwise I would have had to wait until tomorrow to pick it up at the post office.

Anyway, Flower sent me a great package with items from my wishlist and a few surprises. Cheesy

A rupunzel scarf - it's soooo soft and the colours are very "me".  Five felted wool dryer balls - I can't wait to try these out and time my drying.  Right now it seems like my dryer takes forever.

The lighting is weird on the next two....but I was too lazy to try to fix it. Smiley  A wet bag for keeping my unpaper towels in until they get washed - I love this fabric (it's green..even though it doesn't look like it here) and it goes well with my kitchen, too!  Reusable snack bags - these will definitely be used in my purse or diaper bag for baby and kid snacks.  I always feel bad going through ziplocs like I do...for financial and environmental reasons.  I end up reusing them too long and they get holes in them.  So these will be terrific!  And again, I LOVE the fabric - the colours are great!

The rest of the package was an addition to my baby shower in a box (see my signature for a link to all the other stuff I got from a bunch of awesome Craftsters) and a few books for my kiddos.  Flower sent me a soother/pacifier clip, a felted wool rattle ball - SO cool - and a whole bunch of size 2 diapers that her baby outgrew.  She said awhile back that she would pad my package with them...I imagined four or five, but there are way more than that.  Thank you, Rose!!!!

This has been another great swap - like lots of others, I look at all the pictures and make a mental list of all the great ideas people have..and things I want in the next round. Wink  I'm so happy with this package - the dryer balls especially are something I've really been wanting. Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baby number four is here and he's a boy!!  Time to start using all the great stuff I got from a bunch of Craftster friends:
Baby Shower in a Box

Wists
yardenxanthe
« Reply #166 on: May 10, 2010 04:35:33 PM »

I just got mink_bikini's package, and WOW! She did an amazing job on the stuff she sent! I am so thrilled with everything.

I opened my package and found this cozy bundle.

Oh look! Cuteness!

Teeny leather bound book necklace. From my wists, as were a bunch of these goodies. Like this:

Cassette tape pouch! Soooo cute! Oh, look what's inside:

Eee! A teeny tiny granny square necklace (love!) and  some pretty poppy barrettes.

Pretty plaid covered-button bobby pins. Love 'em!

Emma made two of these gorgeous buttony throw pillow covers. Soooo pretty! I love them! Her workmanship is amazing, too!

And a super-cozy and soft crocheted pillow cover. Nice!

One of my frugal goals listed in this swap was to be better at planning meals and avoid eating out. Emma put together a wonderful meal planning notebook.

She also included a meals blackboard so everyone in the family will know what we're eating each day.

Thanks Emma! You were such an attentive, thoughtful, and high-quality swap partner. I really appreciate all the thought and work you put into each of these amazing items.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Linnybelle
« Reply #167 on: May 10, 2010 06:38:35 PM »

Finally, here are pictures of my lovely package from angelofmusic.

I don't have a full set shot, so you'll have to bear with me. 

First up, a sandwich wrap.  She actually sent two, but one of them is in my lunch bag, waiting for tomorrow.  I used one today and it's fabulous.

Snack bags:

These will be very useful, I use a lot of little ziplock bags for my afternoon snacks.

Utensil wrap:

I had to pull this out of my lunch bag to take a picture.  I used it today and it was great to have real silverware instead of plastic.

Extra lunch bag/snack bag fabric:

These are going to be fun to use.  I'm planning on using the red roses fabric to make more snack bags and I might make a matching lunch bag for the utensil wrap and such.  She also sent extra bias tape made of the blue diamond fabric

Dryer ball and snap baskets:

There is only one dryer ball pictured, but there were originally two.  One is currently lost in my laundry.  They did help cut my dryer time down.  My landlords have an older model dryer and so it's always had to go for two cycles.  Last night, it only had one and was dry.   The snap baskets fascinated my boyfriend, I think he's plotting to steal them.  I might have to find him his own.  Cheesy

Exercise bank:

I asked for something to help me motivate myself to exercise more, so she made me a bank to put my reward dollars in.  I give myself a dollar every day I exercise and now I have a lovely bank to store it all in. 

Confetti Bean Soup mix:

She sent enough for two recipes.  I'm excited to try it this week.

And the recipe book:

She sent all sorts of vegetarian recipes, which I have been wanting to try and the book is so cute.  It's all decorated and she even decorated the blank pages left for my own recipes.  I've been writing down recipes on scraps of paper, so it will be nice to have a place to write them all in.  There are some cute leaf themed recipe cards too.

We are both quilters, so we agreed to exchange some extra fabric and here's what she sent:

Tweety bird, jungle print, two florals,and some pink and yellow to make into napkins.  I've made a shirt out of the jungle print and plan to make one more, as my pattern didn't quite work.  The fabric was so fun that I got over my fear of patterns and made it up last night. 

I loved everything and I was excited to be able to use it all right away.  Thanks to angelofmusic and our organizers for making this a great swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 10, 2010 07:41:03 PM »

Those snap baskets are super neat! And I love the idea of an exercise bank. I might have to steal that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!
http://www.wists.com/hngoodlett

50 in 2011
10/50
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: May 10, 2010 07:46:17 PM »

I'm loving these packages!  This is definitely one of the best swaps I've seen!  You all rock!

Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote now for the New-To-You Recipe Cooking Challenge!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Placemats Out Of Wooden Chopsticks
How to Make Seashell Crafts
How to Make Stilts Out Of Old Cans
How to Make Silk Flowers
How to Make Your Own Journal
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...