A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,555
Currently Running With Scissors:
731 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frugal Living 2: Return of the Cheap Gallery  (Read 28402 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

morglanc

hey, are you going to throw that away?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #170 on: May 10, 2010 07:54:37 PM »

mink bakini---- holy crap you are awesome! i adore everything you made.

dreadlocklove---i'm thrilled that your happy with and inspired by what i sent!  thats funny you already had the book, i hope you find it a good home!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i love personal swaps. i'm looking to swap my art or paper crafts for some re-usable fabric snack bags, fabric sandwich wraps, fabric paper towels, glass pendants, ephemera, or art books.

http://www.wists.com/morglanc

http://morglanc.blogspot.com/
Zombie_Queen

Crafty Zombie Mama \m/

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #171 on: May 10, 2010 07:55:12 PM »

I love the idea of the exercise bank! I think I may implement it. I could get in shape while putting away money for more tattoos!!! It would be a win win situation. Woo hoo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mink_bikini

A very proud Craftster best of 2012 awardee

« Reply #172 on: May 10, 2010 09:31:32 PM »

I received from YardenXanthe today too,  Grin an awesome package stuffed with  all sorts of frugal baby goodies I was hankering for, I was hoping to post piccies tonight but my pc is not playing ball so hubby will upload them tomorrow.  Huh

I agree with Kaz, this is one of THE best swaps and definitely one I'll be up for whenever there are other rounds  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hotgluegert
« Reply #173 on: May 11, 2010 08:33:25 AM »

Here is the great swap thing I got from Mok_moo The purse she sent was really awesome she burned in the design and the polyuthaned it My daughter already try to steal it lol ......The barettes are made of tshirt- roses they look much more impressive in person ,,,I also recieved some nice vanilla lotion and some perfume and a couple of patterns which were pretty kewl too ...thanks for the great pkg Mok and thanks once again to our organizers cause without them there would be no swaps  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If your living like there is no God you had better hope your right
angelofmusic

Cinderella's Castle: from the Rose Garden

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: May 11, 2010 08:50:20 AM »

Glad you liked everything. I have to admit that some of that fabric is from another swap I did and I just never could find a use for it, so I passed it along. I'm glad you found a use for it. I loved that jungle print, but the right project never came along...
I picked up my box from Linnybelle last night, and I love it!!!! I'll post photos tonight! (After I go to the store to try out the amazing bags she sent...yay!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Frogs have it easy...they can eat what bugs them!
starmumplus
« Reply #175 on: May 11, 2010 08:03:15 PM »

well my camera is now charged so hear are the pic's of what i got from islandmum  first is all of it together

the bag she made me i love the design on it grate work

the apron for my DD

action shot she was in her jammies still but it was so cute to not add

last is the peg bag love it wash mit extra ribbon and a tea towel(in the first pic)

thank you islandmum love it all  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

im a crazy mamma of 3 boy's J 9y L 6y Z 4y and 1 girl A 1y

http://www.mylittlewhitegeese.com
http://www.wists.com/starmum
mink_bikini

A very proud Craftster best of 2012 awardee

« Reply #176 on: May 11, 2010 08:20:38 PM »

Finally here are photos of my awesome package from Yardenxanthe, she sent me:

Cloth Diapers
Cloth Pads
Soakers which Noah is modelling!
Patterns for all of the above which I am going to try my hand at making more of this weekend, yay for Fabricland sales!
Cloth baby wipes one with Noah stitched on, so cool.
A coupon Organiser
Reusable snack bags which are well needed.

Apologies if I forgot anything, I have already put everything to use so I am trying to remember everything in my parcel, and all the while my little boy is trying to climb up my legs and manhandle everything off my desk aaaahhhh.   

Group shot

and the cute little man (gnawing on a rubber ducky!!) that is causing me to rush through this post!

Thank you so much for everything Heather I tried out the wool soaker and one of the cloth diapers yesterday and they fit and work perfectly so I just have to get on to the sewing machine and rustle up some more to be completely plastic free  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

camelama
« Reply #177 on: May 11, 2010 08:40:53 PM »

I'm posting pics because poor Samanthahope is struggling with technology!  I know that feeling... there are days when I think even the toaster is rebelling! Smiley

Samanthahope said she liked Tuscan, grape, wine type themes - and I had this great grape fabric in my stash! I sent her this bag-saver full of bags to start her off being frugal! Smiley

(The ribbon is more of a wine color, here it looks red)

I used scraps of the fabric to make her this leeetle fabric bowl (I love these things!):

and sent along some grape buttons I had in my stash.

I made a quick little totebag out of the wine fabric too - forgot to get a pic of that.  Smiley

Then I made her a water-bottle tote (or really, just a small general tote) out of men's ties (she likes paisley patterns):

I sent the water bottle along with it, too. Smiley  I had a bunch of them from a giveaway, so sent one along!  Oh, and I left the ties loose - she can knot the ties to the length she likes.

Then I made this cordorouy wine-colored totebag, with necktie handles, and lined with a flowery fabric that had the same wine-colored tones.

I had so much fun making the necktie items for Samanthahope - learned new stuff! My poor sewing machine finally gave up the ghost, though, and is now at a sewing machine spa getting a total makeover. Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving!" - Auntie Mame

How are things in Glocca Morra?
yardenxanthe
« Reply #178 on: May 11, 2010 08:44:39 PM »

Awww, Noah is so cute. I'm glad the diapers & soakers fit him. My 7 month old has such chubby legs that they didn't really fit him... (I just tried them out to see if I was at all on the right track).

@camelama, love what you did with your ties! the water bottle carrier is my favorite!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #179 on: May 12, 2010 02:17:05 AM »

I LOVE the tie tote bag! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Best Nude Lipsticks For All Skin Tones
Miley Cyrus Makeup Tutorial
Top 3 Rock Star Ready Music Festival Trends
Miranda Kerr Reveals Her Beauty Secrets
How to Get the Best Looks from Emmy Night
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...