A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,119
Currently Running With Scissors:
667 Guests and 42 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Science/Geek OTT Gallery  (Read 7562 times)
Tags for this thread: one_tiny_thing_swap_gallery  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KatyMai

Creator of my own little world....

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2010 03:14:02 AM »

I recieved from my partner xandcraft  Smiley

Its a dizzy book shrine!

For anyone who doesnt know dizzy was the star of numerous games back in the late 80's and 90's

Inside are pictures of the games themselves and little bits of information about the game, here are a couple example pages.

Thankyou Xandcraft Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EnginerdLisa
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2010 04:32:47 AM »

The circuit fabric on the outside of the business card wallet, was drama filled.  I searched the internet forever for a good fabric and never found one.  So then I decided to cross stitch the outside fabric, but I had a death in the family and had to abandon the overly ambitious cross stitch.  Then I bought some printable iron on transfers, but sewing the fabric tore up the transfer.  Finally I found printable fabric, and that is what the final product is made of.  That is the problem with getting your mind set on a vision before investigating what is available!  It all worked out eventually, and I discovered that I love that printable fabric for small projects like this, so it was win win in the end.  I think I may be making one of these for all of my friends.  Oh, and it came from a keyka lou pattern. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Penny: Oh, wow! A girl scientist!
Leslie Winkle: Yup. Come for the breasts. Stay for the brains.

My Blog (which I suck at keeping up with): Living Lisa
camelama
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2010 02:47:55 PM »

Oh boy oh boy!  I got the BESTEST OTT from Loves2experiment!!!!

I am an avid birdwatcher, plant person, go ramble around in fields somewhere kind of person.  And I used to work for NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) 's Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory, where I supported - among others - scientists who studied the lives of octopus species in the Pacific Ocean. My team was the one who first documented inter-species sex, which was thought never to happen in octo circles. Swingin' octos!

SO. Having set the stage, let me share with you ..... my OTT FIELD JOURNAL, with a first sighting: a felted tufted titmouse! Smiley

Isn't that awesome-sauce?!?

Loves included both plain AND graph paper:

And did all the binding and creating herself:

Isn't this octo just the happiest fella?

And look! Another entry to put into my field journal: The Great Gray Floof Monster!

Another note: this is the perfect size journal to take with on road trips, as it fits my OTT glove compartment in my OTT car!!   Wink

Loves, this journal is splendid. It's beautiful and functional! I can't wait to start filling it with notes and diagrams and descriptions of wacky things I find in the great outdoors! Once again you got me PERFECTLY with your item.  Cheesy  I've already had to fend off one attempted theft last night at geeky pizza night, and I expect a few more attempts to be made tonight at geeky picnic night.  Shocked Shocked Grin

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving!" - Auntie Mame

How are things in Glocca Morra?
EnginerdLisa
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2010 03:07:31 PM »

I received from ckchan today.  I got a really awesome mario bros bracelet.  I couldn't stop giggling after I opened it, I love it so much.  She painted these designs, and they are perfect, I'm in awe of her skill.  The little wooden coins are so light I don't even feel like I am wearing a bracelet.

One of the best swap packages ever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Penny: Oh, wow! A girl scientist!
Leslie Winkle: Yup. Come for the breasts. Stay for the brains.

My Blog (which I suck at keeping up with): Living Lisa
Staar84
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2010 05:16:03 PM »

The circuit fabric on the outside of the business card wallet, was drama filled.  I searched the internet forever for a good fabric and never found one.  So then I decided to cross stitch the outside fabric, but I had a death in the family and had to abandon the overly ambitious cross stitch.  Then I bought some printable iron on transfers, but sewing the fabric tore up the transfer.  Finally I found printable fabric, and that is what the final product is made of.  That is the problem with getting your mind set on a vision before investigating what is available!  It all worked out eventually, and I discovered that I love that printable fabric for small projects like this, so it was win win in the end.  I think I may be making one of these for all of my friends.  Oh, and it came from a keyka lou pattern. 

Where did you find printable fabric?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist

Hi, my name is Erin and I'm addicted to swapping...

International Snack Swap
Star Trek V
One Tiny Monster Swap
NinetyNinety
Don't worry, I work for the government; I'm here to help

Juanita the Explorer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2010 05:50:35 PM »

Camelama--
I love the field journal!  I used to work for NOAA too!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xandcraft
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2010 04:00:20 AM »

I have just received an awesome interchangeable bookmark from KatyMai.  Grin

I love it, thank you so much

The bookmark

Chemical apparatus, complete with coloured "chemicals"

stars and planets

stars and moon

and finally, what every dedicated crafter needs, a caffeine molecule!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2010 04:10:33 AM »

Great stuff guys! ckchan - awesome bracelet - you did an awesome job!
KatyMai Love the interchangeable bookmark too.. man I wish I had the time to just sit and read!  I am usually doing other things.. at least I get to read to the boys before bed still. They have not given that up yet - in fact, Logan asked me to start reading to him before bed - he was jealous that Collin got read to and he didn't.  He and I are on Book 5 of the Series of Unfortunate Events.. .Collin and I are about to finish Prince Caspian(book 3) in the Chronicles of Narnia.  We're just plugging our way through those series...!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
ckchan
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2010 11:03:07 AM »

Great stuff guys! ckchan - awesome bracelet - you did an awesome job!
KatyMai Love the interchangeable bookmark too.. man I wish I had the time to just sit and read!  I am usually doing other things.. at least I get to read to the boys before bed still. They have not given that up yet - in fact, Logan asked me to start reading to him before bed - he was jealous that Collin got read to and he didn't.  He and I are on Book 5 of the Series of Unfortunate Events.. .Collin and I are about to finish Prince Caspian(book 3) in the Chronicles of Narnia.  We're just plugging our way through those series...!!

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. "

I'm a roller derby girl! 

Wists: http://www.wists.com/ckchan
My New Blog!!: http://bobango.blogspot.com
professionalpineapple
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2010 02:35:21 PM »

Oh wow! Everyone's tiny things are wicked cute!

I recieved a set of Wall-E magnets from Shannin today! They're awesome! Thanks so much!  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 personal swaps!
pinterest|wists
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Face Paint a Christmas Tree Tattoo
How to Create a Collage for Your Face Painting Work
How to Load Your Face Paint Brush
How to Use Glitter in Face Painting
How to Face Paint a Bat Mask
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...