A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 300,866
Currently Running With Scissors:
520 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What is Grocco--I DID read posts!  (Read 866 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

candycanechild
Paper Doll

version 4.1: she's just so clinically cynically.

View Profile WWW
« on: May 05, 2005 02:55:29 PM »

Okay, so I read posts on Craftster and I looked at a Grocco website. I can't figure out what it is! To me, it looks like a "fake" silkscreening method. i use what I'd consider "real" silkscreening. I have a frame, some silk, rope, a mallot, and a tightening tool. For the ink, I use some that comes in a jar, a cardboard stick, and a squeegie. It's messy, it's fun, and it's pretty limit-less. I use water-based stencil which I cut BY HAND.

So my question is, what exactly is Grocco? I can't figure it out. Can someone please give me some hints? Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
firefly

the giant tree starts as a tiny sprout.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005 03:07:46 PM »

gocco.com has a pretty good description of the process (scroll down a few paragraphs).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

affinity
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005 10:07:35 AM »

The small Gocco that most of us use is a thermal process to transfer carbon based designs onto Print Masters. As the Print Lamps fire, the heat passes through the screen and hits the artwork, heating up the carbon to melt away the fine thermal film - transferring the design onto the Print Master. The ink passes through the exposed area of the screen and gives a perfect print.

So, you put in your artwork that has a carbon base, no ink jet, old fashioned copier works best. 
Then you put in the print master, which is kind of like a 3 1/2 inch by 5 1/2 inch piece of film, a proprietarty Gocco Product.
Then on the other side of the plastic there is a flach bulb, a proprietarty Gocco Product,  housing.
You squeeze together the little machine which has batteries in it and it flashes making holes in the print masterwhere the carbon was on your art work.

You are done making your screen

You place ink on the screen underneath a clear transparency and then place the print master back in the machine.

You put the fabric or paper in between the 2 sides of the machine and push  (kind of like you did to make it flash)  and the ink comes out onto the paper or fabric.

There is also a stamp that you can put the prepared screen on so you can use the screen on media that will not fit into the machine, i.e. wallpaper.

Yipee..

Hope this helps.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make an Organic Sugar Scrub
Futuristic, Aerodynamic Eyeliner at the Herve Leger FW 2014 Show
Mom.Me Makeover: Crystal
Mom.Me Makeover: Angela
Best Drugstore Concealers
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...