A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,482
Currently Running With Scissors:
344 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Holy Cake and Capes Batman! (lots o pics and mighty wordy)  (Read 2484 times)
Tags for this thread: batman , cupcake  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sum1smuma
« on: April 07, 2010 06:22:13 PM »

So my son loves Batman (did until he discovered the multi faceted Mario now Batman is lagging in popularity), and for his 6th Birthday I wanted to be all Craftster like about it and include a few creative and economical aspects. I have become enthralled with all you creative geniuses that post some of the most amazing things I have ever seen!

I did a Batman signal cake for his actual birthday and had him follow riddles left by The Riddler who left his hat (think St patty`s hat with felt question mark) to find his hidden present. He thought that was a blast.
Here is the cake...

His party was held at a really old church that had been converted to a hall and the town did kid`s parties. It was perfect since it had Gothic arches and could pass for a Gotham city building. The inside was bland and I made a ton of Word bubbles on bristol board to make the wall less beige.
I made the invites too. which I will have to post later. I was super pleased with those! Grin

For Loot bags I went with capes and utility belts for all 20+ kids. They were worth the effort when the kids could hardly wait for assistance to tie the capes on. I printed up certificates stating completion of training to be superheroes and handed out their bag of equipment.
Here are the capes....Boys and Girls each personalized because I always over do it!  Wink

And the girlies with rhinestones...

Here is a pic with a belt that was made from dog collars, yes it is true, a little leather pouch with finger lasers, flashlight, binoculars, batarangs made from foam sheets. They each received a lik-m-aid candy and a pen and pencil. I always go crazy with loot bags but these were adored by almost every parent was thankful as well as the kids. I had a blast doing this.

I am sad that Batman has taken a back seat at our house but glad it is to a great man like Mario. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010 06:36:53 PM by sum1smuma » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ya just can't stop a crafty girl!
KelseyLauren
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010 09:16:08 PM »

Wow! What a lucky kid to have you as a mom! I wish I would have gone to a party like that as a kid. I'm sure it's something your son as well as all of the kids who attended will remember for the rest of their lives! Well done! You're Super Mom!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smiley
sum1smuma
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010 05:32:31 AM »

Thanks. But not quite super mom...I did not have to run the party games and I bought the cake for the party and stuck a Batman Hummer with action figures on it. He really wanted that toy and since he asked people to donate to the victims in Haiti instead of gifts, I was really proud and happy to make that a surprise. (Initially he wanted to send all his clothes and shoes, I had to explain winter boots may become uncomfortable in a hot climate.)
I think I should throw parties like this for my grown-up friends...hmm...I used to....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ya just can't stop a crafty girl!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Macromedia Flash 8 - Painting Using the Various Brush Modes
Macromedia Flash 8 - Using the Brush and Paint Bucket Tools to Fill
Macromedia Flash 8 - Altering Drawings with the Selection Options
Macromedia Flash 8 - Snapping and Modifying Curves with the Selection Tool
Macromedia Flash 8 - Modifying Vectors Using the Selection Tool
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...