A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,223
Currently Running With Scissors:
449 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wedding Craft Ideas  (Read 3403 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Nomishona
« on: April 05, 2010 11:21:12 PM »

A couple of Fridays ago (March 26th) my boyfriend surprised me by proposing!!

The wedding isn't until July 2011, so we have time to plan, and I have time to craft Smiley
I'm looking for ideas on what I can craft for the wedding, but nothing too hard so I don't spread myself too thin.

Here's what I've come up with to make:
-Ring Bearer Pillow
-Flower Girl Basket (or at least put ribbon on it to match the pillow)
-Bread Basket (the fiance and I are big bread lovers, so we're going to have a bread basket at our table)
-Wedding Cake Topper
-Bridesmaid's presents

What are some other fun/easy things I can make? 

Now for pictures:

Ring (the picture doesn't do it justice.  It looks like a princess ring!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy where I post my created patterns:
www.Nomishona.etsy.com
crazylittlekels
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010 11:30:43 PM »

Aww! Congrats Cheesy
as for other crafts go you can always make containers (paper bags, boxes, etc.) to put gifts for guests in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I post things like this in my blog too!
April Sprinkles blog
PureOath
Raconteur Extraordinare

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010 12:06:58 AM »

Jewelry is an awesome idea for bridesmaid's presents. Some gemstone or Swarvoski crystal earrings would be fun and easy to make!

Also, congrats. Beautiful ring!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am looking to do a personal swap with (or will outright pay for) a knitter who could make an adult sized knitted t-rex sweater for Christmas. If anyone is interested, please let me know.
Hyper-Piston
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010 05:26:23 AM »

YAAAAY congratulations! You guys look great together Cheesy He looks super happy haha.
(and that ring is GORGEOUS)
 I guess it depends on the crafts you really enjoy.

I've seen great ideas for table centerpieces, bags and small memory gifts for your guests, even bouquet wraps. Maybe make something special for him and you to wear that day, like a kerchief for his pocket or a special boutonniere, and a hair accessory or gloves or jewelry for you that have matching notions.

Hope those help :3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crendon
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010 05:45:13 AM »

Congrats!!! As for crafting...if you're trying to stay on a budget just remember to price shop first, because sometimes the ready-made is cheaper than crafting it. But if you're crafting for the joy of knowing that you crafted a whole lot of your wedding, then go crazy!!!! There are so many great things you can do. Check out sites like http://www.save-on-crafts.com/ for ideas & supplies for wedding crafts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Radmom
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010 05:50:55 AM »

Blessings!!!!!

First thing on your list should be to decide if you are going with a themed wedding or just a color scheme.

As I got married very young. I would suggest that it is all about YOU and HIM!! I cannot stress this enough.

Being so young we had just enough for the license and the lady that my step mom found to marry us in my step mom and dads apartment. LOL

Ensuing family and irritation  I wish He and I would have just eloped. LOL

Now, nearing on 20 years later....My dream is to have a renfair revowing. LOL

So, have loads of fun...but make sure it is what YOU AND HE wants ONLY. This is not about anyone else at all but you two.

Congrats to you both and may your blessings be many.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Myrdda
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying. - Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010 06:09:02 AM »

wedding favors, invites, cake toppers (ours were South Park representations of my husband, daughter, and me), favor boxes/bags, centerpieces, candles for the altar (depends on your ceremony), dresses, decorations for the hall, bouquets and boutinners (i know the spelling is wrong), guest book, stuff for the ring bearer and flower girl, like you mentioned, the box for people to put cards into. Congrats to both you and your fiance!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

My Wists! www.wists.com/Myrdda
My Pinterest! www.pinterest.com/Myrdda
PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010 09:06:39 AM »

congratulations! and OMG, your ring is breathtaking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010 02:49:41 PM »

I thought of you and this post when I checked One Pretty Thing this morning!  It's a whole wedding craft roundup.  Here's the link: http://www.oneprettything.com/  She has great craft ideas and tuts all linked up in one spot.  There's some great ideas.  I think I am going to make the photo backdrop project to take some shots of my kiddo. (Un-wedding themed, of course)  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
Nomishona
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010 03:33:41 PM »

Thank you for the great ideas!  I can't wait to marry him Smiley 

We will have been together for 7 years in September and we couldn't be happier!  He is truly my best friend (we've see each other pretty much everyday for the past 7 years, and we miss each other even if we're away from each other for only a half an hour!)

I'm lucky that I have a crafty sister-in-law who knows how to sew and jewelry making (I was a bridesmaid in her and my brother's wedding and she made all our jewelry).

And commenting on what Radmom said about it being about us, yes I agree!  We're getting married in July, but I've always wanted a winter theme wedding, so we're have a "Christmas in July" wedding Smiley

I will post pictures as I craft!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy where I post my created patterns:
www.Nomishona.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Fondant Snake
How to Make Fondant Numbers
How to Make a Fondant Crab
How to Make a Fondant Seagull
How to Make a Fondant Shoe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...