A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,086
Currently Running With Scissors:
710 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Voodoo doll amigurumi  (Read 4931 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Maylee
« on: April 05, 2010 07:20:41 PM »

I've seen all kinds of cute little crocheted figures online for some time now, and in a burst of creativity I decided I wanted to try it for myself. Sadly, my experience with yarn was limited to cross stitch and other easy school projects for kids about 15 years ago, and a couple of half-hearted and failed attempts at knitting. I had no one to ask for help, but that's the best thing about the internet: if there's something you want to learn, you can be sure to find out how online!  Grin

After getting some cheap yarn and a crochet hook that looked like it might fit with the yarn (hey, what can I say, I am clueless when it comes to this!), it was time for trial and error. When doing your first stitches ever, it's a pain to learn how to crochet in a circle at the same time, let me tell you.  Tongue  I almost gave up after a few failed tries (a few *cough*), but then I figured out the basics and it all went smoothly. The result is less than perfect, partially because I lost count a few times as I was watching re-runs of X-files at the same time, but it could have been worse! Please excuse the bad quality of the pictures.

As a long-time WoW player and troll lover, I had to make a voodoo doll, which will work well as a pin cushion.

Since an amigurumi wouldn't last 5 minutes as a toy to this little bully, she's only allowed to pose with it.

And that's it! Please be gentle!  Wink
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010 08:06:42 PM by Maylee » THIS ROCKS   Logged
theatreorchid
Craftssassin

Just kill him with your awesome.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010 07:45:30 PM »

Aww, it's adorable!  I'm a beginner crocheter too, and I'm actually in the middle of my first amigurumi (literally, in the middle...my fingers needed a break, haha), so this is very inspiring to me. Smiley 

And totally off-topic, but X-Files?  I'm so jealous!  I want the DVD set so bad, haha.  I imagine it would make great crafting-background, too.  Cheesy 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Maylee
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010 08:04:21 PM »

Thank you! I had to take a few breaks too.  Tongue I'm guessing these things get better when your fingers get used to it, but I hated having to put the project down because my fingers were tired, since my eagerness to continue was strong. It was so much fun as soon as it started to take shape.

As for X-Files, it is great to watch while crafting! I need to have something running in the background while I work, and getting reacquainted with Mulder and Scully after so long was almost as much fun as making this.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hgddm
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

What a piece of work is man!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010 08:20:04 PM »

congrats! he is very cute. I'm hoping to get around to teaching myself to crochet soon too so I can make these little guys...hope I have your talent!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stegorawrus
♥ I'm just a crafty person :3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010 08:35:17 PM »

You've just inspired me to keep learning how to make these. I was definitely getting frustrated when I took a shot at making them because of the circle :/. Super awesome job on this being your first one also!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

justthisguy
Just This Guy

Right B*st*rd in Training...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010 07:35:46 AM »

Stay away from de voodoo... Wink

Great job, reminds me of my days on Anvilmar...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just This Guy likes to crochet and cook, among other things.
Shy
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010 01:08:16 PM »

So cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Maylee
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010 01:45:51 PM »

Thanks for the nice feedbacks! It means a lot! <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kyut530
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010 09:15:53 AM »

I like it! It's really cute :3
I like the eye combo of X and button, too--gives the sense of it either winking or "well loved"
nice job
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter by day, crafter by night
but my shift changed... oh right...
bahookie
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010 06:29:45 PM »

I love this!
From the colour to the shape to the design of his wee lopsided face, he's perfect.

Although... I'll have you know I could survive his attack.. just so's you know, I have a well, and many canned foods

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Indian Paneer Recipe
How to Make Sushi Soy Sauce
How to Make Sushi Rice
How to Pick Fish for Sushi
How to Make Spicy Mayo
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...