A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 298,105
Currently Running With Scissors:
794 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My 1st and 2nd Drops!  (Read 4247 times)
Tags for this thread: bunny , bear , stuffie  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

crossstitchtycoon
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010 08:21:16 PM »

I agree, what a brill idea. The wees came out great too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sayraphim
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010 08:51:49 PM »

These guys are awesome, you should be very pleased! And I can imagine how thrilled whoever picks them up will be.

For those who don't know, the Toy Society's website is here http://thetoysociety.blogspot.com/

There's nothing too it. Sign up, make a toy, drop it somewhere and leave, knowing that you'll brighten someone's day unimaginably. In a world that seems so cynical, heartless and mass produced, dropping a toy is leaving a stranger a little handmade ray of sunshine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', 'knitknitknitknitknitknitknitknitknitknitknitknit...') and rest
www.sayraphimlothian.com
www.sayraphim.etsy.com
www.page63.blogspot.com
lvl0rg4n
lvl0rg4n says Morgan

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2010 11:50:22 PM »

I haven't ever heard of this society before, but darnit, I joined! I'm recently learning how to use a sewing machine, so I think it will be fun to make some simple toys to drop. I love this idea and can't wait to start.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FoxyBlue
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2010 05:26:57 AM »

I absolutely adore these!!! WOW!! I love things that bring me back to the innocence of my childhood...and these definitely do! Amazing!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I looooooove personal swaps! Anyone want to do a wall art swap??
My blog: http://foxybluecreations.blogspot.com/
facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deedras-Art/257639572940
xperimentl
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2010 08:20:05 AM »

Pat yourself on the back for starting a trend.  This is too cool. Congratulations on recruiting new Craftsters to the movement.  I love your bunnies and bears, but if I found them I would want to keep them for myself.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You can't use up creativity.  The more you use, the more you have."  Maya Angelou

My Flickr
My Pinterest
mafiosagrrl

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010 09:46:56 AM »

Thank you so much!

Thank you Sayaphim for including the link, I totally forgot to do that in my original post.

It makes me super happy that other people are going to make toys now!  That was the whole reason that I put it on here and my blog. 

Trust me, I've always been a very cynical person but over the last few years I've found myself changing... for the better.  With this, I figured- if everyone was paranoid, no one would do anything and the world would just be even worse.  So, I'm using this as an opportunity to turn over a new, more positive leaf.

As for the "innocence" factor that's what I really love about it!  Kids find joy in so much, so even though my toys are simple I know that they will be loved!  Kids are great like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary". --Mary  Kurtz,  "The Needlework Times" April, 1978.

http://mafiosagrrl.blogspot.com/
najaorama
Tutorial Contributor

My kung fu is strong today!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2010 10:21:56 AM »

It makes me super happy that other people are going to make toys now!  That was the whole reason that I put it on here and my blog. 

I am glad you said that. I am so excited about this I got my mom on board. She is so into it she is going to borrow my camera so she can take pictures of her toys and drops. We even shared some simple softie patterns. like this frog (my favorite) http://www.purlbee.com/purl-frog/

And this owl (my moms fav) http://www.lollychops.com/lollychops/2008/11/abraham-owl.html

Then I wanted to get on to tell you what you have started but I didn't want to take the thread away from your super cute toys.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Go to your bosom, knock there, and see what your heart doth know." WS Measure for Measure

www.najadruva.com
averyg

Personal poppet swap? PM me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010 02:54:24 PM »

I really love the idea that when people do find the "drops" that they will go onto the website and be like "Hey! I just wanted to let you know that I found this really fantabulous doll here _________________. I really appreciate the hardwork put forth by the maker, and would love to get involved in the future!" Or something along those lines. Though obviously not everyone does such, but it is just nice to see that people actually do appreciate them, and you know, that they don't just end up in the trash or whatnot.
I have over a dozen black apple dolls that I should send with my little sister on her school trip in a couple of weeks. I think she is hitting up England, France, Germany, and Amsterdam... Hmmmmm...  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wendyloo
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2010 01:03:34 PM »

I just googled toy society and after reading on their website for like 2 minutes...I'm crying like a rainy day. I'm thinking very seriously about joining. I have the same skepticism gamemom42 has, but I'm going to follow her lead and be an optimist!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gamemom42
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010 01:27:57 PM »

I'm glad you're joining in! I'm going to share this story for anyone who cares to read it.

My Dad was a very gruff, kind of unfriendly man who believed in no higher power and had very few kind words for the people in his life.  He hid a heart of gold beneath that hard exterior.  Whenever we saw a beggar who was "blind" or "lame", we always gave them money.  I asked him once what would happen if they were faking it.  He looked me in the eye and quietly said the most important words anyone ever said to me.  He said it really didn't matter if they were faking or not.  He said , " always do the right thing and give.  It's none of your business what happens on the other side of that act of charity.  All you have to concern yourself with are your own actions.  If those people are faking, it doesn't change the good you've done in any way".  I guess I had kind of forgotten that lesson.  I am so grateful for this chance to remember it and do the right thing.

Also; I mentioned this to my best friend who plans to incorporate it into her church's service project for the summer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create an Artist Portfolio
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter D
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter B
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter F
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter C
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...