A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
742 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: un grande problema...  (Read 622 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thecentralfairy
« on: April 04, 2010 12:40:37 PM »

So, happy Easter!!  And now my not-so-entertaining story.  Its spring break where I am, so I'm stuck at home with nothing to do but sew!  I decided to reconstruct this disgustifying decades-old shirt of my mom's into a skirt, but i ran into a problem.   I have only sewed one thing besides this and used a pattern for that- this i just made up as i went along.

So, if anyone can help me fix the front, then i will love you forever!!  

but the back isn't bad, i like it.

if you can suggest something to fix this, please do! I still have all the remnants and extra buttons.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010 05:54:26 PM by photojenn - Reason: fixed images » THIS ROCKS   Logged
estelle
Fiddle-dee-dee

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010 09:11:26 PM »

Hmm... I don't really have any suggestions but you could post this topic under "Discussions & Questions". Good luck Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ Sari
Britannica
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010 04:36:15 PM »

It's hard to tell what the problem is, but it looks like extra fabric bagging out in the front. You could remove it with two horizontal darts (the apexes at the side seams), and stylistically, it would look like a waistband seam. If this makes the front edges uneven, you could sew on a separate band. Because this means redoing all the button holes, I'd suggest replacing the closures with snaps with buttons on the top edge for decoration.

Alternatively, you could try smoothing it out so all the extra fabric is at the front waist and trim it off, and resew the side seams so it still fits properly. It might be easier, but it might also not work. It's hard for me to tell.

Sorry! Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Penlowe
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010 06:18:28 PM »

How odd, I could have sworn I posted a reply to this a couple days ago- I guess the interwebz ate it.

This is very fixable! Cheesy

Option 1) remove the waistband and redistribute the gathers, giving yourself a little bit more fabric in front.
Option 2)if you want the fullness you have in the back unchanged, just undo the waistband through the front and add panels on the side seams, slightly wedge shaped. That should give you hip room in front.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit Twilight Scarves
How to Knit with Red Heart Ribbon Yarn
How to Crochet Flowers
How to Crochet Magical Granny Squares
Squeeze and Solitude - AHEC and RCA Collaboration
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...