A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,685
Currently Running With Scissors:
631 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Best Movies. Ever. - Godfather Quote Embroidery  (Read 2692 times)
Tags for this thread: quote  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mafiosagrrl

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

View Profile WWW
« on: April 02, 2010 12:20:02 PM »

So, they don't call me MafiosaGrrl for nothing.  I love mobster movies!  Almost obsessively.  I say almost because otherwise it sounds like my love for these movies is a bad thing.  In addition to loving mobster movies, I love quotes!  Quotes of all kinds, can't go a day without 'em.

I stitched these quotes onto handkerchiefs using black DMC floss.  The ones with the bigger fonts use 3 strands and the smaller uses 2.  I used the godfather font but I doesn't look so good on the smaller ones, i think i should have used a stabilizer.  oh well.  

I have soooo many of these in the works but for now here are the fist three.

A classic from "the godfather"

A bit more obscure, but also from "the godfather".  When Carlo is about to get whacked to answer for what happened to Sonny.  Clemenza says this from the back seat of the car.

One of my favorites from "godfather II".  Poor Fredo, he's upset about being passed over.

Consider yourself warned, I have a billion other quotes on my "to stitch" list.  So, you'll be seeing a lot of them from me  Grin

Thanks for looking!  Have a craftastic day!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011 07:40:36 PM by jungrrl - Reason: made title more descriptive » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary". --Mary  Kurtz,  "The Needlework Times" April, 1978.

http://mafiosagrrl.blogspot.com/
PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010 12:28:07 PM »

your stitching looks so nice and clean! and I love the idea of stitching quotes onto handerchiefs!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ninjanator
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010 12:33:53 PM »

oh my gosh, i love mobster movies too! that cannoli quote is one of my favorites ever Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

when I'm wearing my crafty pants: etsy
...when I'm a pack rat: blog
...and when I feel like sharing: tutorials
misswiss
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010 09:45:44 PM »

The Godfather and The Godfather II are in my top 10 movies of all time!  I always have the itch to stitch, but am completely un-creative so I can never think of anything to actually do.  I don't know why I have never considered doing movie quotes!  I see quotes all over this board, but I never realized that I could just stitch anything!  Thank you for posting this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mafiosagrrl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010 09:17:23 AM »

thanks guys for your nice comments! it's nice to see some other quote lovers  Grin

The Godfather and The Godfather II are in my top 10 movies of all time!  I always have the itch to stitch, but am completely un-creative so I can never think of anything to actually do.  I don't know why I have never considered doing movie quotes!  I see quotes all over this board, but I never realized that I could just stitch anything!  Thank you for posting this!
you can totally stitch whatever you want, it doesn't have to appeal to anyone else since you are the one that's going to spending your time and resources on it.  I say whatever blows your hair back!  I keep a notebook of quotes, try it- pretty soon you'll have so much in there you want to stitch up that it'll be hard to remember when you couldn't think of anything to stitch  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary". --Mary  Kurtz,  "The Needlework Times" April, 1978.

Tink80
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010 10:06:00 AM »

oh wow, i think you just inspired me to make my dad's birthday present..awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mafiosagrrl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010 08:32:54 AM »

oh wow, i think you just inspired me to make my dad's birthday present..awesome!

yay!  can't wait to see what you come up with  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010 09:34:11 AM »

Your lettering is great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mafiosagrrl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010 11:27:22 PM »

Thank You, Pam!!  I decided for the next ones to try to stick to the larger version because the smaller one ends up a little wonky... the sense of "godfather-ness" gets lost  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Dancing Wire Figure - Part 3
How to Make a Clay Taco Fish - Part 4
How to Make a Clay Taco Fish - Part 3
How to Make a Clay Taco Fish - Part 2
How to Make a Clay Taco Fish - Part 1
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...