A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 309,350
Currently Running With Scissors:
308 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Only just discovered I can do this with my machine!  (Read 982 times)
Tags for this thread: skull_and_crossbones  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

littlemissmanics
« on: April 02, 2010 09:10:00 AM »

My little sewing machine keeps amazing me...i never knew you could embroider on a basic sewing machine! Thought i needed one of those super expensive contraptions.

So anyways, there i was pootling around with the different stitch settings, when i found a weird plastic thing in my sleeve arm hidey hole..and decided it was time to open that paper thing that came with the machine (i think its called an instruction manual...i never really pay too much attention...not great i know!). My machine can do magical things!!

So, after a couple of moments of trying to shift my doggy off my knee so that i could have a go, I have come up with this:

I've become an avid crocheter in the past couple of months (it's supposed to be a skull and crochet hooks), and considering my doggy immortalises himself in all of that work (his hairs get everywhere!) I decided to immortalise his name in my first embroidery. Can't wait to start making everything i own a bit more exciting with some embroidery!! Just hope I can improve somewhat before i get carried away and wreck everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soorawn
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010 11:40:51 AM »

Cheesy isn't it cool?  I've been practising in my own little machine by printing simple drawings on mulberry paper and following the lines with the machine.  It takes a little practice to get used, and the golden rule seems to be "move the cloth sideways and up and down as much as you want, but do not turn it!"
Oh, the freedom of it...  We can draw whatever with thread now!
Show us your creations soon, if that's your first try I can say you're much better than I am Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects for 2011:  15/50
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Tandoori Style Chicken
How to Prepare Tandoori Style Chicken
How to Make Butter Chicken
How to Cook the Spinach and Finish the Palak Paneer
How to Cut and Pan Fry Paneer Cheese
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mother's Day Fridge Clip
Robin crafts! Hello spring!
I Scream, You Scream...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...