A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 313,038
Currently Running With Scissors:
614 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Looking for Encouragement during Finals  (Read 1974 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
Poor College Student

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2005 10:10:42 PM »

I'm just so tired and frustrated from finals.  There has to be other art students on this board, how about you?  I have a silkscreening portfolio due at 9 tommorow and the powerwasher broke tonight (thankfully after I finished printing, but still a big inconvience).  And I know my professor doesn't like my work no matter what (not just me, he dislikes us all pretty equally), which makes it really hard to be motivated to work.  I really don't want to go to the critique tommorow to have him chew me out in front of the rest of the class, because I really don't care what he thinks of my work.  Some of it I like and I'm proud of, some of it...not so much.  I don't need him to tell me it sucks.  Not to mention all my work for other classes.  I found myself driving around tonight trying to find a store that would sell spraypaint at like 11pm.  Not to mention I look 15, and was covered in paint (from silkscreening), so it would've looked pretty sketchy even if I had found a store that was open.  I have a mural to paint for my video class, not to mention editing the video.  And then there's my art history final that I won't have time to study for until the day before.  I'm just so frustrated right now!

Is anyone else dealing with portfolio/finals?

YouTube Channel Home to my animations and video shorts
djungelorms friend

staying sane through grad school by staying crafty

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005 10:16:23 PM »

I'm in grad school for film and I feel your pain... i had to cancel my final cut pro editing session today so i could write my stupid final paper for another class in time for the deadline.  hang in there.  somehow we'll all get through this.  Smiley

have you hugged a moose today?

seizures may be a trap

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005 10:57:19 PM »

maaahhhh finals!

i have two paintings due on monday. they're both very small, but i am also very stuck on them. i'm so tired, and i've barely done anyhting on them today. man, i suck. Sad
Poor College Student

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2005 01:10:22 AM »

I finally captured all of my footage for my video just now.  It's 4 AM.  I want to finish this video by 5pm today.  That's my goal.  I'll need the Sunday and Monday to study for art history, 'cause I don't know most of the information.  But I am feeling better tonight.  My mural kicks ass.  I'll post it in the Interior design section soon.

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005 07:31:56 PM »

Why am I cheking craftster when i have work to get done!!!?Huh
I have one last  painting to get done for the end of the semester!!  Due tommorow at 9:20 am!!!!  so far this week I have done three  28x34" Drawings, An art history test, finished 3 metals projects, helped load 3 kilns, and did a watercolor painting, phwewww!
Good luck kids!

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2005 09:43:11 AM »

i am one of those artists that thrive under pressure, so i always did my best work right before they were due. and i always got my 8 hours, which really helps me cope (except for that one week freshman year.. it was a blur of doubleshots, powerbars, and VERY bad art.)
I'm a big beliver in the sleep mafia.
my big problem was always the technical stuff, never enough sketches in my notebook, or research before a project, or studying for a test.
but i get in my own little zone when i'm actually doing artwork.

dont worry! things always seem better a few weeks after finals. (either you relaize you did pretty well or you just dont give a rats ass)

Poor College Student

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2005 10:48:11 AM »

heh, it's been a few weeks and you're right meg, I feel a whole lot better.  I got my grades which made me feel better, but more importantly I'm proud of my work that I did this semester.  It was my first at art school (I've transfered twice, long long story), so knowing that I can do it made me feel much better.

Oh, and that mural I made for a video?  I was contacted by a writer for a british gaming magazine who is featuring me in an article for the July issue.  He found the pics through craftster!  Hot!
Super Mario Mural

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2005 11:06:21 AM »

congradulations! you rock!

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Salon Worthy: Waves Day-to-Night
Hair Basics: Fishtail Braid
VF COLLECTIONS: Public School Spring/Summer 2015 - NYFW
How to Tie Your Hair in a Bow
Top 2015 Hair Trends
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Asymmetric Cowl
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Felt Basket
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kindling Bundle

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...