A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 298,780
Currently Running With Scissors:
473 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WWP Beltane Swap Round 19 (Signups 4-1-10 to 4-7-10, Sendouts 4-26-10)  (Read 10777 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2010 05:59:42 AM »

I think it's important to try anything that interests you. Maybe Tarot won't fit but scrying will be an instant match Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Ladyblades
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2010 09:33:08 AM »

I guess I should have told more about my history - I've been pagan for 30 years. As I said I found tarot early on but I found the others after trying everything I read about until something clicked. And I read a LOT! Now I try things again as they speak to me or as I find my needs change but I always seem to go back to I Ching, tarot and runes.  Maybe I'm getting settled in my ways. :::no way!:::

I have collected several tarot decks also and I am not reading most of them, two scrying balls that are basically just decoration now and books on divination that have gone into my pagan reference section.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Not swapping for the moment, life is too crazy. See you all soon!
LunaKitten
LunaKitten Kreations

I have affairs with fictitious characters.

« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2010 12:44:04 PM »

Divination... I love my tarot cards, I have the Goddess deck and they seem to be the best for me, my mother's dragon deck despises me LOL, though I can always fall back on my rider white deck. I have a pendulum, though I too would like to have a board to do further work with one!! I am not as familiar with runes, but I would like to get better with them, a few of mine cracked in the mve so I need a new set. I also looove love love the scrying mirror my lovie got me a few years back, but I find that that takes a long period of time to get into the zone with, and with an insane 2 year old running around that has just discovered that he loves all things Heman and Thundercats, and consequently is never without his 3 foot long nerf sword (BAD MOMMY, STUPID PURCHASE LOL), I find that that zone is very hard to come by theses days HAHAHA.
Zombie, the Goddesses and Gods that mean things to you will def. come with time. Do some research, you'd be surprised how much some will jump out at you! Smiley I've been practicing for almost 15 years, tho before that I have come to realize that the women of my family practiced very covertly around their christian husbands, at around 15 was when I started down the path openly.  And I still find new things to adapt my mode of thinking. I started with just Brigid because of my Irish heritage, but now have Bast and Kwan Yin represented just as prominently! Smiley I would say that my belief structure is an ever evolving sort of thing, just because there is SO much out there to learn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Substantial Wist Smiley

Forget all the other crafting tools, what I really want is a sonic screwdriver!!!!

Blessed Be!

I'm up for personal swaps! PM Me! Smiley

Etsy Shop
Zombie_Queen

Crafty Zombie Mama \m/

« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2010 12:47:11 PM »

Thanks you all for the words of encouragement and wisdom! I ordered some books and put some on hold at the library.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mamaneedles
)O(

« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2010 02:06:14 PM »

I've ordered "The way of the Hedge witch" yesterday... anyone got feedback on it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
LunaKitten
LunaKitten Kreations

« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2010 06:34:30 PM »

I've ordered "The way of the Hedge witch" yesterday... anyone got feedback on it?

Oh I haven't gotten the chance to read that one, but you will have to let us know what you think of it and share any awesome tidbits you find!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Substantial Wist Smiley

Forget all the other crafting tools, what I really want is a sonic screwdriver!!!!

Blessed Be!

Etsy Shop
Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2010 07:42:35 PM »

I have to add that it's really, really worthwhile to take part in any open rituals or pagan events you can get to. Reading about different paths and practices is one thing, but you'll learn much more if you experience them. These days there are Pagan Pride Days, pagan festivals, pub moots, open rituals, etc. all over the place if you look for them. This is where the Internet really comes into its own, and there are usually regional Wiccan or Pagan newsletters that list events. Most are free or by donation, and most are quite kid-friendly as we are all about fertility. (Our local Pagan festivals are always running wild with kids!) It's pretty intimidating to show up at an event where you don't know anyone and don't know what's going on, but I've always found people to be friendly and pretty welcoming.

I've recently discovered pagan podcasts, and I think I've learned more in a couple of weeks than in 25 years of reading! My current favourites are Druidcast and A Pagan Heart in Maine. Lots more are listed at the Pagan Podcast Index.

And finally, don't worry about whether you should have Celtic gods, or Greek or whatever. You can choose one pantheon if you like, or move across them according to need or occasion, or worship the God and Goddess without being specific. The Goddess On Duty will hear you even if you don't know what name to call her! Grin

And as for paths... isn't this our path?

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2010 07:59:20 PM »

Oh Wulf.. I've looked for it on the internet and there's no Pagan events in at least 200 miles radius Sad  French descendants does not have any interest in paganism I'm scared... And events take place were you can find some English speaking Canadian (Montral and Qubec city). I'll sure try to frequent other pagans when we move (in either town) for my BF studies as there's no med school here.
So internet, books, and lonely experience is what I have. I even find it easier for me to do my rituals in English since it's the vocabulary I'm familiar with!

I'm almost done with a medium... But something inside tells me: More! More details! put in more!!! So it's tiny...but time wise it's transforming into a large. Eeyore... You're obligated to love it or you send it back Wink

So, another question to keep this thread going Smiley What is the handmade (by yourself or received in a swap) "magical tool" you use the most?
(I actually have to think about that before answering myself !)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
LunaKitten
LunaKitten Kreations

« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2010 09:09:44 PM »

Hmmm, the handmade tool I use the most...... My awesometastic wand made by Saturn for my first WWP swap , my salt pot that is a slab box with different goddess symbols in paint that I made in pottery in the 10th grade, and my offering bowl set from Shadowweaver all get a LOT of attention lol. I don't have the link to both of the ones made by fellow craftsters, I'll have to post it if I find it. They are both WONDERFUL!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Substantial Wist Smiley

Blessed Be!

Etsy Shop
eeyore_witch
« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2010 09:19:21 PM »

Wulf and MamanTattoo....Where I live the pagan groups are all about numbers and money. Being alone isn't so bad. All my pagan friends are online anyways. I've tried a few of these groups....if they aren't trying to get as many people to join they're making the ones who do pay alot for something they can do at home.

Zombie_Queen..... I've got about 15 years of pagan learning...from others, books and internet.  Some I believe in at the beginning only now to feel is total bs. Things change as you learn. I once called myself wiccan....now it's not my thing. You'll find yours...in a few years you might find it again.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010 09:20:19 PM by eeyore_witch » THIS ROCKS   Logged

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream ~ C.S. Lewis

I love Swaps!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cooking Tuna
Soy Ginger Sauce Recipe
Thai Cream Sauce Recipe
Wasabi Paste Recipe
Sesame Tuna Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...