A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,805
Currently Running With Scissors:
559 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WWP Beltane Swap Round 19 (Signups 4-1-10 to 4-7-10, Sendouts 4-26-10)  (Read 10062 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2010 09:50:19 PM »

Done with the first item! Cheesy (well, I can always add to it)
now I can't do more until I get some supplies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2010 11:28:23 PM »

My most used handmade tool (the only "tool" that is handmade) is a crystal pendulum I got in the Samhain round last year. It is beautiful and I have used it with some success. I also have herb jars that have bead accents on them and they are great too.

I usually am starting my projects by now, but i am still gathering info...so....planni ng.... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
Zombie_Queen

Crafty Zombie Mama \m/

« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2010 02:24:33 PM »

I've casted on for largest item for LadyBlades. I am REALLY excited for this project and it is coming along beautifully!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mamaneedles
)O(

« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2010 03:39:33 PM »

yay Smiley

I got more supplies and I found an item for the _______ Smiley Had to make a trip to a kitchen store, thought! ahah
So for now it's gonna be 3 mediums 1 small until I can find the stuff to make a 4th medium Smiley

..My handmade tool I used most often is my hand bounded BoS and the altar cloth K.Michelle made for Imbolc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2010 07:23:27 PM »

I'm late to the discussion here, but Zombie, I definitely second what everyone else has already said. I've been working with the Greek pantheon since I was a kid, well before I knew what paganism even was. I prayed to the gods every single night and had a particular fondness for Artemis. When I got into my teens a friend of mine gave me my first set of tarot cards and the learning process really began for me. I dug into as many books as I could, talked to people, visited 'new age' shops and surfed the internet reading blogs and networking with other pagans. It wasn't until nearly two years ago that I gave my path a name and Brighid called to me. She is a completely different goddess and from a different pantheon than my beloved Artemis, but that's the way of my path. Up until a few weeks ago, I didn't have a patron god, just a few gods whom I held affection for. Things will click for you as you learn and grow and they will change over time. Feel free to bounce any questions you have about anything off of the group here, I've loved swapping in this circle for the past year and a half because everyone is always so informative and most importantly, open minded.

If I've learned anything from all of my learning and from being a part of a few pagan circles, including this one, there's really not a wrong way to go about finding your way or practicing. Some people may tell you that unless you do x, y or z thing you're doing it wrong, but don't pay them any mind. Spirituality is definitely a very personal thing.

As for the question about my most used hand made tool, that would have to be my wand. A little over a year ago the husband brought home this beautiful smooth oak branch that he had found laying around. It was devoid of bark and had probably been on the ground all winter and it was perfect for me. So, I wrapped leather around the thicker end to form a handle and decorated it with copper and beads and feather and shells representing the elements. I use it in all of my rituals and often hold it when I need help grounding. It is hands down my favorite tool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2010 07:32:01 PM »

we want to see it! (at least I do Tongue ) sound beautiful!

My wands are from branches I found wandering around in my FIL's land. I kept them simple, but I love them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
spazgirl1981
AlphaBetsy Bomber

I took up croquet today and I'm on fire!

« Reply #96 on: April 11, 2010 04:08:10 PM »

I hand make a lot of my tools, and I love them all. But I have a wand that my boyfriends father made for me that is one of my favorite pieces. I thought it was so amazing how well his family took the news that I was Wiccan and this first handmade gift just solidified how understanding they are.

I got an  important purchase made yesterday and I'm ready to start some crafting. Smiley   I am so excited to craft for lydiaharper...I have so many ideas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hawkeyes_girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: April 11, 2010 05:00:13 PM »

I went on a craft binge yesterday and I am busily crafting away now! YAY!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Ladyblades
« Reply #98 on: April 11, 2010 05:45:55 PM »

I'm still planning but it won't be long now. The ideas are coming together and I can start crafting. I'll have to do it all from my stash since my cash flow it really tight but that won't be a problem as my partner would say "she has a craft store in there".

My fav handmade tools are a big ceramic bowl with a goddess symbol in the bottom that I call my abundance bowl and an incense burner made from a 2.5 inch disk of wood and a spiral of wire. It holds all sizes and shapes of commercial incense and it's really portable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Not swapping for the moment, life is too crazy. See you all soon!
hawkeyes_girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2010 06:45:18 PM »

Project #1 parts A and B done!

On to the next!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Carrot Cake Pops
Elisabeth Hasselbeck’s Lemon Poppy Trifle
Baked Rice Pudding Recipe
How to Make Easter Chocolate Bowls with a Balloon
4-Ingredient Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...