A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,727
Currently Running With Scissors:
556 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The IT Crowd Swap R2 - (Signups 4/1-4/15) Sendouts 28th May  (Read 13718 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mod35tBabe
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010 07:22:00 AM »

I would've loved to have joined this Swap as I love IT Crowd (My favourite quote of all time is Moss: They toss us away like yesterday's jam. Roy: YES! Like yesterday's jam! That is what we are to them. Err you know what, that doesn't really to work as a thing 'cos jam lasts for ages. - I use "tossed it away like yesterday's jam" on a constant basis now lol, people often don't get why I think it's so funny though.)
However as you can see from my join date I can't join in with you Sad not to mention my current sewing skills probably aren't quite good enough just yet. I do truly hope you have another IT Crowd themed swap that I'll be able to join in on Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please',I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
41 SWAPS COMPLETE
2 IN PROCESS

~*~*Come and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
Imagine
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010 07:27:51 AM »

Okay, I watched three episodes last night. Only 15 to go!  Grin
I'm filling out my questionnaire, I can't resist temptation!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FruityLoops
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

... and that's why I don't like cricket

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010 07:34:27 AM »

Okay, I watched three episodes last night. Only 15 to go!  Grin

Yey, looking forward to receiving it and adding you to the participants list!!

I'm tempted...

I am signed up for 4 swaps now. Two are already crafted. One will be finished Monday. One hasn't got partners yet.

Hmm...
*In my monotone Zombie voice with hands reached forward*
join us
join us
join us
join us

You knoooooow you want toooooo.....

I would've loved to have joined this Swap as I love IT Crowd (My favourite quote of all time is Moss: They toss us away like yesterday's jam. Roy: YES! Like yesterday's jam! That is what we are to them. Err you know what, that doesn't really to work as a thing 'cos jam lasts for ages. - I use "tossed it away like yesterday's jam" on a constant basis now lol, people often don't get why I think it's so funny though.)
However as you can see from my join date I can't join in with you Sad not to mention my current sewing skills probably aren't quite good enough just yet. I do truly hope you have another IT Crowd themed swap that I'll be able to join in on Smiley

Awwww Sad  Well if/when we do round 3 I'll add a link to the end of this post so anyone that hasn't been able to join this round will be notified and know to join the next round!! Grin
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010 07:40:20 AM by FruityLoops » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mod35tBabe
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2010 07:46:46 AM »

Thanks that'd be great if you did that, I'll keep an eye on this post. This is probably a silly question, but do you need to be able to different types of crafts to participate? Just because I really only do sewing at the moment, and other forms of craft just aren't my forte and while perusing the swaps galleries I noticed everyone had done lots of different kinds of crafts. Also do you get many Aussies doing swaps?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please',I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
41 SWAPS COMPLETE
2 IN PROCESS

FruityLoops

... and that's why I don't like cricket

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2010 07:59:08 AM »

Ha ha ha, I know what you mean, I spend half my life trying to diagnose my parents computer problems over the phone, they don't even know how to copy and paste (believe me I've tried but they seem to retain zero information I tell them!) so it's a tiresome job!!

that is THE hardest thing to teach someone over the phone, is how to copy and paste, I swear!! I spent hours with my mom on the phone one day trying to teach her to copy and paste!!

I had to attempt to explain to my mum on msn how to copy and paste whilst she wrote it down on paper, so she could then try it out afterwards as she couldn't understand how to resize the window so that she could see what I was typing whilst following the instructions....... in hindsight it would have been better to do it over the phone, but she chose the most inopportune time to ask me when I was trying to prepare for a dinner party!!!  Undecided

Thanks that'd be great if you did that, I'll keep an eye on this post. This is probably a silly question, but do you need to be able to different types of crafts to participate? Just because I really only do sewing at the moment, and other forms of craft just aren't my forte and while perusing the swaps galleries I noticed everyone had done lots of different kinds of crafts. Also do you get many Aussies doing swaps?

The site is largely dominated by peeps from the US, but we do have swappers from all over the world Grin  I swapped with dear Schnerby in fact a year or two ago when she was in Australia.

No there's nothing to say you have to do different crafts for a swap really, sewing gives a lot of crafting options after all (bags/stuffies/quilts/decorations/clothing/house or fashion accessories etc etc), in fact when I started out swapping that was all I could do as well.  Usually swap questionnaires will ask what kind of things you can do, and what kind of things you would like in return, so the organiser will obv make sure you don't get matched with anyone that doesn't want sewn things or only wants jewellery Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PixieVal

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2010 08:31:06 AM »

Okay, I watched three episodes last night. Only 15 to go!  Grin
Addicting isn't it?? lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

schnerby
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2010 07:38:03 PM »

Also do you get many Aussies doing swaps?

Yep.

I swapped with dear Schnerby in fact a year or two ago when she was in Australia.

And I'm baaaaaaaaaack in Australia!

Sometimes we have Aussie-only swaps to save on postage. There's one running now, but I know you're a recent join.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sketchbook Project 2012 My theme: Hope

I have hundreds of purple buttons (a few different styles). Personal swap?
Mod35tBabe
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2010 09:29:19 PM »

Oh cool - I'm definitely keen to try the next Aussie swap too - I don't think i could afford the overseas postage, Australia will be expensive enough.
I haven't been sewing very long, I bought my first machine in February and had been learning on someone else's machine for about 2 months prior to that so it'll probably be a while before I had the confidence to send something to someone anyway.
It's a very cool idea and I look forward to trying it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

41 SWAPS COMPLETE
2 IN PROCESS

Imagine
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2010 05:53:44 AM »

Oh cool - I'm definitely keen to try the next Aussie swap too - I don't think i could afford the overseas postage, Australia will be expensive enough.
I haven't been sewing very long, I bought my first machine in February and had been learning on someone else's machine for about 2 months prior to that so it'll probably be a while before I had the confidence to send something to someone anyway.
It's a very cool idea and I look forward to trying it.

Careful! Once you do, you're addicted!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mod35tBabe
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2010 07:46:05 AM »

I wouldn't mind being addicted hehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

41 SWAPS COMPLETE
2 IN PROCESS

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to use Architectural Desktop Wall Cleanup at Floor Lines
How to use Architectural Desktop Network Tool Palattes Part 1
The Flexibility and Changes of Fashion
DIY Steampunk Hardware Chess Set - Gomi Style TV
How to Create a Mechanical Bird Toy
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...